[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emergent Gravity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 4pgpNcN.jpg (63KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
4pgpNcN.jpg
63KB, 480x608px
https://arxiv.org/abs/1611.02269

this paper was published a few days ago, any thoughts on it? is gravity an emergent phenomenon? have we been getting cucked by einstein this entire time?
>>
>>8468539
This is interesting.
>>
>>8470051
apparently it's TOO interesting for other /sci/ posters to look at.
>>
>>8470085
It's too advanced. How many people on /sci/ do you think are doing graduate-level physics?
>>
>>8470085
yeah bro, not everyone is a physicist here
most of us are just roleplaying scientists here
>>
>>8468539
Of course it is. Einstein is the master Cuck.

The dude had to invent a magical factor Δ just to save his ass, and didn't even understand the physical implications of doing so. He's wrong, and anyone who knows anything about theoretical physics will coincide with this fact. It's just, he was a smart guy, and he was so good at being wrong, that it'll take a while for people to uncover it.
>>
>>8468539
What are the applications of this?
>>
>>8470350
It solves the dark matter problem, so if true it will be an important tool in astronomy.
>>
>>8470085
>Computer science
>look at graduate level physics paper
>feels bad

Do people with BSs in physics understand this?
>>
>>8468539
>is gravity an emergent phenomenon?
Obviously, since the universe is actually two dimensional all these shenanigans in this 3D appearing projection are emergent.
>>
>>8470386
>2d

Nigga wut?
>>
File: super_cia_guy.gif (2MB, 280x358px) Image search: [Google]
super_cia_guy.gif
2MB, 280x358px
http://motls.blogspot.ca/2016/11/verlindes-de-sitter-mond-is-highly.html

VERLINDE
B T F O

>The Dutch media brutally overhype a generic speculative idea
>his theory was just a wrong collection of speculations and misunderstandings about the relationships between the fundamental concepts of physics.
>I wouldn't okay this wrong piece of work as an undergraduate term paper but he got 6.5 millions of euros for this absolutely worthless pile of feces so many people who are impressed by the money but don't have an idea about science – which includes virtually all journalists – started to think that Verlinde is a top physicist. And he may have decided that he must justify the award by producing even greater piles of bogus hype.
>>
File: Lubo__Motl_400x400.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lubo__Motl_400x400.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>8470404
>>
>>8470404
>climate change denier
>marijuana hoaxer
He's a string theorist alright but I'd rather take his opinions with a grain of salt.
>>
File: clarity.png (86KB, 668x244px) Image search: [Google]
clarity.png
86KB, 668x244px
>>8468539
To any normies like me in here: don't let the abstract fool you. Download the PDF and read the paper. It's long and I haven't gotten through it all, but the introduction alone is a sufficient layman's explanation of that mess of an abstract.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.