[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shocking but true

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: L XIV.png (461KB, 510x562px) Image search: [Google]
L XIV.png
461KB, 510x562px
There are people on this board RIGHT NOW - and in fact there's plenty of them, not just one or two weirdos - who ACTUALLY and completely UNFACETIOUSLY went to vote. That's right. They went to vote.

I cannot for the life of me find an example of MORE BASIC MATH than
> one divided by SIXTY FUCKING MILLION is a statistically negligible number

This obvious fact is not a factor in all these people's reasoning.
"Muh patriotism Stockholm's, it's my civilian dooty", on the other hand, is.
> hurr does that mean as a law enforcement agent I've spent my life making statistically negligible improvements?
Yes it does. You can cry now, catharsis is good for you.

How does that make you feel?
>>
>>8468244
Using that same logic the less people turn out to vote, or become dissuaded to vote, the more important it becomes to vote.

Also due to the electoral college system, your vote is worth a helluva a lot more if you live in a battleground state. An individual vote in a state which is incredibly close to going 50-50 has incredible significance.
>>
>>8468247
> Using that same logic the less people turn out to vote, or become dissuaded to vote, the more important it becomes to vote.
Doesn't contradict the OP's statement. One less vote changes fuck all.

THERE IS NO EQUIVALENCY BETWEEN

> one person not voting
and
> EVERYBODY not voting

I CANNOT FUCKING STRESS THIS ENOUGH IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY FOLKS
>>
>>8468259
That is true, the other part of the person you replied tos statement is however also true. You can have your vote become one in a thousand if you live in the "correct" state. That being said i've never voted and will likely never vote.
>>
File: 555.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>8468265
> the person you replied tos statement
>>
>>8468259
Right but that logic only makes sense when you know for sure tens of millions do turn out to vote, and you are incredibly sure that you do not live in a battleground state.
Even discarding the electoral college, if you were to spread this ideology to the masses that voting doesnt matter, and convinced a grand majority of the eligible voting population to sit out, that is exactly when voting becomes more important than ever. So to attack a group of people and say:
>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW - and in fact there's plenty of them, not just one or two weirdos - who ACTUALLY and completely UNFACETIOUSLY went to vote. That's right. They went to vote.
is retarded. It is incredibly important that they vote and it is toxic to tell people that their voice does not matter and try to spread that ideology to the public. Last thing we need is 10,000 people taking the time to vote and subsequently deciding the future for the other 300+ million.
>>
>>8468244
Lol. Just fucking lol. The brainlets.
>>
File: 555 -.jpg (132KB, 536x473px) Image search: [Google]
555 -.jpg
132KB, 536x473px
>>8468265
>>
File: WRONG.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
> Even discarding the electoral college, if you were to spread this ideology to the masses that voting doesnt matter, and convinced a grand majority of the eligible voting population to sit out, that is exactly when voting becomes more important than ever
> IF YOU WERE TO
I'm not, you fucking autist.
> is retarded. It is incredibly important that they vote and it is toxic to tell people that their voice does not matter and try to spread that ideology to the public
> hurr dats just toxic durrr
Man you are really hurt you wasted a perfectly suitable couple of hours voting like a good servant you are instead of doing something fun and productive.
>>
File: alex hey small.png (309KB, 570x350px) Image search: [Google]
alex hey small.png
309KB, 570x350px
>>8468265
>>
>>8468292
Its sad to see that you're incapable of realizing why using the exact logic you presented in the OP proves exactly why voting is important.
Protip, as N grows smaller the value of 1/N grows larger. Ergo for every poster who sat at home and didnt vote, the more important it became for that person who did vote to take the time and do it.

Furthermore, I voted early and absentee. Took about a minute to do.
>>
File: 1475214148990.gif (2MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475214148990.gif
2MB, 444x250px
>>8468270
>>8468286
>>>
> Anonymous 11/11/16(Fri)16:30:01 No.8468286▶
>File: 555 -.jpg (132 KB, 536x473)
>>8468265
>>8468286
>>8468299
>>
>>8468244
It doesn't matter the power of my single vote. If the turnout is small, then your vote counts more. If the turnout is big then it counts less.
But your vote doesn't matter, you're part of the aggregate. What matters is that you're willing to /help/ decrease the power of the voters who think opposite of you.

You could say the same thing about a tug of war, OP. Only this tug of war decides the economic and world policies that affect you. If you don't care about those poilicies, fine, sit out. But if you do, and If almost everyone sat out, then you're trusting the the judgement of just a few people to decide what your future is like.
>>
>>8468244
>your vote doesn't matter
>posts a picture of a king who got his ass kicked by Napoleon whose riflemen all fired in unison to great effect

lol fucking pottery

>my bullet doesn't matter, why shoot
>>
>>8468244
States in the US election can be decided by hundreds of votes.
A person voting in such a state is really fucking important even more if you convince 10 people to vote for the same candidate too.

Also consider Austria where the elections are really fucking close.
Literally every vote matters there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.