[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sit in on digital signal processing course to see how much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 5bb.gif (640KB, 200x157px) Image search: [Google]
5bb.gif
640KB, 200x157px
>sit in on digital signal processing course to see how much of a joke engineering courses are
>professor says Dirac delta "function"
>>
>>8467787
And what would you call it?
>>
>>8467787
>sit in on calculus class
>professor writes "dx"
>>
>>8467787
get a life, m8
>>
>>8467787
It IS a function, it was initially developed as a function using functional analysis/calculus of variations techniques. If you knew anything about math or QM you'd know this instead of sucking the dick of some second rate profs opinion on such an insignificant semantic.
>>
File: nick.png (941KB, 1000x1008px) Image search: [Google]
nick.png
941KB, 1000x1008px
>>8467802
>begins to move them around like fractions
>>
>>8467787
I thought that Dirac delta is the derivative of the Heaviside step function. How is it not a function? Please explain to a dumb engineer.
>>
>>8467852
Dirac delta has no width but has a non-zero integral
>>
>>8467852
It's a discretely defined function and every good math and physics author calls it the dirac delta function.

OP is uneducated and from reddit. Hence his BBT tier understanding of STEM field relations.
>>
If't a function, but not on the reals but instead of a function space.
A function with a function space as domain is called distribution (or rather you may narrow down this even more). Nevertheless, each distirbution remains a function.
>>
>>8467819
It reaches infinity in one point, buy we all know well there's no infinity and the biggest number is 10^200, so Dirac's Delta would be a function if it reached value of 10^200
>>
>>8467826
nigga if you're telling to integrate dx/x instead of 1/x dx then I'm gonna do whatever I'm gonna act like it's a fraction
>>
>>8467893
That my friend would equal Ln|x|+C
>where c is a constant in your sisters pussy
>>
>>8467787
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spede_Pasanen
>>
>>8467852
>Please explain to a dumb engineer.
you give OP too much credit
>>
>>8467938
No shit nigga this is the Assburgers meme

Use Ylilauta once or twice you dumbfuck
>>
File: 1437426230817.jpg (28KB, 493x495px) Image search: [Google]
1437426230817.jpg
28KB, 493x495px
>"eyeinvalue"
>"eyeinvector"
>>
>>8467787
only raging faggots post the same thread over and over again
>>
>>8470482
Says the dude who bumped it from like page 8
>>
>In qm class
>Writes total wave function as sum of two product wave functions
>Says the particle is in both states at the same time
>>
>>8467852
You are correct, but in the field of analysis, there exist a few different definitions of the integral that are equivalent. Two notable ones are the Riemann definition (the one you're familiar with) and the Lebesgue integral, which states that a distribution with finitely many discontinuities (the delta function has one, therefore a countable amount of discontinuities) has integral zero. Another way of saying this is that a distribution with measure zero has integral zero. Being that the Lebesgue and Riemann integrals are equivalent, the integral of the Delta function should be zero, but it isn't, it's one, and no other function has this characteristic, so we typically classify it as a "pathological" function, meaning one that's defined by its properties rather than by a mathematical rule.
>>
>>8469175
>oygenvalue
>oygenvector
amirite, mah goi?
>>
>>8470671
the Dirac delta function is there when you integrate with respect to the heavisde step function in a stjeltjes integral, friend :)
>>
>>8470696
Oh is it? That's interesting. I'm a physicist, so my knowledge of all that really out there analytical math is limited.
>>
>>8467802
What shitty college actually pays professors to teach calculus? At my college it's just grad students because that's such pleb tier math.
>>
>>8470736
>university assigned 70-year old professor who usually reads lectures for aspirants (those who pursue the title of Candidate of Science, equivalent to western Ph.D.) to hold seminars for fucking 2nd semester Linear Algebra course for Computer Scientists
It was one hell of a fun ride. Oftentimes he got sidetracked and showed cool things from set theory or really basic topology. But I still don't know why the fuck would anyone assign him to anyone without at least B.Sc.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.