[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Climate Change and Politics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: fuckbigoil.jpg (16KB, 325x355px) Image search: [Google]
fuckbigoil.jpg
16KB, 325x355px
Why hasn't a revolution started against people who are preventing others from solving the problem of climate change? Why aren't people angry at the thought of their children and grand-children inheriting broken planet? Why are people so complacent about this? This isn't an issue of the right versus the left, this is a matter of life and death.
>>
dog have you never read darwin's 'evolution'? we and our children will just adapt to the higher co2 levels
>>
>>8467148
Climate change is a long and slow process, and there's always something immediate to distract people.
Plus, fossil fuel companies have some of the best PR out there, and they've done a very good job of making talking about AGW political suicide.
>>
>>8467148
Because it stinks of a new age religion and we already have enough problems with the Abrahamics right now. The climate always be changing, always will and in fact more ice ages are what real science points to, the historical geological record not fancy UN computer simulations. We should be celebrating any temporary warming because the big freeze will be back no question about it.
>>
>>8467265
>Because it stinks of a new age religion
Jesus fucking Christ. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a religion.

>The climate always be changing, always will and in fact more ice ages are what real science points to, the historical geological record not fancy UN computer simulations.
Stop.

>We should be celebrating any temporary warming because the big freeze will be back no question about it.
The interglacial isn't going away any time soon.
>>
>>8467281
>Jesus fucking Christ
You said it! I know the Abrahamics don't cut it anymore and we need something new but I would rather roll with some new fangled neo-Pagan enviro cult that a climate cult. Climate is the least of humanities problems right now and it a retarded catch-all to avoid discussing real issues.

You just don't realize how easy it was to make climate change a new age religion. We are monkeys with tendencies towards the occult. Look here, you have (debunked) prophecies of doom, you have mountains of scripture that no matter how ridiculous it gets it's always just a matter of bombarding a population with it ad-nausea to be taken as fact. You have new age priests - climate scientists who really provide nothing of value to a society and are in fact fear mongering parasites. You have the new age tithe in the form of carbon taxation - a life tax think about it! Is there anything I am missing because it sure looks like a religion to me?!

>>8467281
>Stop.
No, admit it, it is always changing and from the looks of things will be cooling as geological time progresses. What, are we supposed to just forget about the geological sciences in light of this climate cult and their climate heretic hunt?
>>
>>8467358
>You just don't realize how easy it was to make climate change a new age religion.
Just because you don't like something doesn't make it a religion.
Seriously dictionaries are a thing, try using one - Science isn't a religion.

>You have new age priests - climate scientists
>a life tax
Reciting meaningless talking points won't actually impress anyone.

>No, admit it, it is always changing and from the looks of things will be cooling as geological time progresses.
It should be obvious that changes to the earth's climate on a scale of decades are more concerning than changes that will take thousands of years.

>What, are we supposed to just forget about the geological sciences in light of this climate cult and their climate heretic hunt?
Actual climatologists DO consider long-term cycles into their predictions. The person "forgetting" things they don't like is you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.