[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exams in 9 1/2 weeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: calculusexam.png (344KB, 1200x2354px) Image search: [Google]
calculusexam.png
344KB, 1200x2354px
Hey guys last thread died before I got answer from this anon:
>This isn't meant to insult you OP, but don't get memed into studying actual analysis, because it is going to be a waste of time for your exam. Best info I can give you is get some lecture notes for calc I to III and learn basic stuff about polynomials and complex numbers which I assume is precalculus. If you want any more detail, post the syllabus.

Hope you can help me, already learned some basic shit but trying to make a huge spidermap or something of the sorts of what I have to learn to get to pic related
Last thread >>8461642

Hey /sci/
I have my exams in roughly 10 weeks and I basically didn't do anything all the time.
I made a strict plan for the next 10 weeks to master my exams as efficiently as possible.
The next 3 weeks starting now I'm going to devote to learning the basics of maths from all high school to uni (including first year).
During my high school time and even now I was pretty retarded regarding maths, I didn't catch the drift from the beginning and just let it slide. I still easily passed by compensating with other subjects so I never had to learn, so I could play vidya all day long (big mistake).

Anyway now I'm in trouble because compensating is much harder and I need maths anyways in my life to succeed in a /sci/ subject.
Can you guys recommend me any comprehensible, compact and retard-proof booklets/scripts (including easy-middle-hard excercises with solutions) to learn basic maths rules up to pic related?
Do you think it's feasible or should I rather concentrate on the other subjects to compensate (I'd really like to understand maths finally though).

Already browsed sticky also learning some basics with khanacademy.com but it's quite slow with videos.
Happy for any help.

tl;dr
>compact and comprehensible booklets/scripts from high school to pic related math tier
>>
>>8467033

It's not that hard desu, you need some calculus skills, but nothing wrong.
>>
>>8467058
any recommendations script/booklet-wise summing up BASIC maths rules, pre-pre calculus, pre-calculus and calculus up to pic related?
in a dense but nice and clear format with examples?
basically a walkthrough from 1st high school class to pic related?
or can you tell me what I have to learn step to step to get there?
>>
>>8467033
Having a strong foundation in algebra and it's arithmetic is important before you move up.
>>
>>8467087
thanks
let's just assume that I can only do basic stuff a primary school student can: multiply, divide, substract and add
what is the quickest escalator that student would have to ride to reach pic related in an efficient way with surface knowledge to pass the exam with let's say 60% learning the whole stuff in 3 weeks
What would your top priorities be if you had to achieve that? If possible can you list it and say something about each topic briefly?
Reference to scriptures/booklets/online summaries with examples? like khanacademy but quicker?
>>
>>8467101
btw that's basically me but I picked up SOME stuff over the course of high school which will enable me to go through it with a little sense of routine/familiarity and hopefully faster than a primary school student (as I said 3 weeks)
I'm optimistic while realistically the odds are quite low that I will comprehend enough in that short time to get 60% in pic relatd exam

But if you guys had to hypothetically do it from a primary school student to pic related exam in 3 weeks with a gun to your head, how would you proceed in a very efficient way. Please activate your autism for this challenge and tell me your hypothetical solutions
>>
>>8467112
Bumping this challenge
>>
>>8467033
Set Khan academy's playback speed to 1.5x
>>
>>8468660
thanks for the tip just saw you can do that
im doing algebra repetition atm with khan
anyway can anyone give me their version of this?
>But if you guys had to hypothetically do it from a primary school student to pic related exam in 3 weeks with a gun to your head, how would you proceed in a very efficient way. Please activate your autism for this challenge and tell me your hypothetical solutions
can anyone give me a list of what you would do in exact order?
>>
>>8468938
bump
>>
>>8468938
i did exactly this (i am literally you not long ago):
i studied just enough to barely place into calculus 1 in college by studying the exact topics that i knew would be asked on the exam. this includes some trigonometry, which i had never done (i never did beyond algebra and geometry in high school).

once in calculus, you will learn pretty quickly just through being in a serious math environment how to do all sorts of problems.

you may get tripped up doing something like adding exponents, or doing polynomial long division, and sweat every time you see a sin or cos, but you will learn just through seeing it, trust me.

i am convinced that ANYONE can 'skip' right into calculus and do well as long as you actually work in it from that point forward. your professor will remind you about all sorts of things when they are first done. it wont matter that you haven't yet learned that sin(0) = 0 or that (n+2)! = (n+2)(n+1)n! or the definition of e.

just do your best to test into calculus 1, don't waste a year doing pre-calculus.
>>
and just so you know, that stuff above is calc 1 and calc 2. you probably don't need to study it to place into calc 1 at your college.

i assume that's what you're trying to do, not skip calc 1 2 and 3. because you arent going to be able to do that in 10 weeks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.