[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hoe problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (88KB, 750x655px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 750x655px
So I didn't use like any of the given measurements but I still got an answer using the Free Body Diagrams. I got that the maximum weight is 707.1lb.

Am I mentally challenged or can this be as easy as it seems?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Here's my work
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>8466988
Whoops, got that rotate for ya
>>
>>8466979
>hoe problem
This isn't the place to discuss issues with your mother.
>>
>>8466992
In a strange turn of events, my mother is also 707.1 lb.
>>
>>8466979
How utterly boring. Thank God I study chemistry, a real science if you want to apply your intelligence and thinking as a human and not be just a computing machine, instead of engineering.
>>
>>8467000
Yeh but these are the fundamental courses which suck wieners anyways so I feel you, but for real this question is giving me the business cause I'm a tedious completionist.
>>
Update: I'm checking my work and the problem statement and everything looks fine because the only moment equation you need is the one at A and the rest should just be sum of forces. Is this correct? I feel like I'm not utilizing enough of the info
>>
Guess I'll become kill
>>
What's hard about this? Just model it as perfect strings and perfect rigid rods and you're good to go. Say, why does your field need their own journal anyway?
>>
>>8467224
It's supposed to be modeled into equilibrium forces and moments, but yeh I think I just forgot the reaction forces at F and that would change the answer and allow the usage of the given distances

I'm not even a CE which blows
>>
>>8467039
You only have a couple equations available to you at this point in time.

Don't over think this. It seems like you drew your shit correctly.

If you payed attention to how they want the segments, in relation to the forces, from the question statement you should be ok.
>>
File: nonono.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
nonono.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>lb
>ft
I think I spotted the American
>>
>>8466979
aye one thing about your FBD, keep your segments consistent.

I noticed you did FCE and FEC.

Keep it in relation to the context of the question given, unless it asks you to do some flip flop bullshit.

I know that you know that it's the same damn thing, but it'll help keep your head straighter.
>>
>a backhoe

my favorite kind

;)
>>
>>8467422
Update: I redid my work but this time including the reaction forces at F and I got a maximum weight of about 470lb. This seems correct because I utilized all of the info and made sure my FBDs were correct.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>8468125
Here's the work too
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.