[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You wake up on Venus. How do you react?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: venus.jpg (88KB, 998x500px) Image search: [Google]
venus.jpg
88KB, 998x500px
You wake up on Venus.

How do you react?
>>
>>8463896
Attempt to scream in pain, be unable to, die
>>
Get cooked to death in more ways than one.
>>
File: maxresdefault-4.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-4.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
>>8463896
You can't wake up on venus. The CO2 atmosphere would asphyxiate you
>>
Find out who really killed my father
>>
>>8463944
>implying I'm not already dead inside
>>
experience whatever pain is associated with appearing in an oven at 400 degrees before dying, if I am conscious for a significant period of time I will be in a state of shock and the thinking part of my brain will be too overwhelmed by sensory input to do much
>>
>>8464166
A highly acidic oven at 200 atmospheres
>>
>>8464175
jeden chuj
>>
>>8463896
Violently for a couple seconds then die.
>>
>>8464175
>>
>TFW lets try and ask a serious question related to the topic of thread.
So is it possible at all to make a suit that would survive the surface of Venus at our current tech level? If not, how far into the future would it take to develop such technologies? Will it ever be possible for man to walk Venus in it's current state?
To be honest I think landing on Venus could work with humans but the cost over benefit would be so high it would be nuts to try.
>>
>>8464201
Nie zesraj siÄ™ pedale
>>
>>8464244

Possibly. You wouldn't be able to move around much for all the layers of insulation, and from the crushing weight of the atmosphere.
>>
Venus is the best hope for a New Earth. Mars is too small, even if you gave it an atmosphere its gravity is pathetic. Venus is almost the size of the Earth, if you could somehow cool it enough (some kind of giant space parasol?) it would be a paradise.
>>
>>8464261
>it would be a paradise.
You would still have to contend with it having no or very little H2O, no magnetic field to stop the harsh solar radiation and it's day being longer than it's year. I'm having a hard time thinking how anything could survive on such a planet with such a fucked environment at least on the surface anyway.
>>
>>8464271

Those are trivial problems, just seed the atmosphere with algae and wait a few hundred thousand years.
>>
File: 1478483121409m.jpg (59KB, 716x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478483121409m.jpg
59KB, 716x1024px
>>8463896
Pull my fulton system and float around where the atmosphere is decent for life. Thats Venus that has that feature, right?
>>
>>8464228
Yeah 90 my bad
>>
>>8463896
I react oxidatively
>>
>>8463896
Go back to sleep.
>>
>>8463896
Go for a relaxing midsummer stroll, then pick up some Venusian produce on the way home
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.