[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are fuckholes on this faggot board who denny climate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

File: d75.gif (371KB, 588x325px) Image search: [Google]
d75.gif
371KB, 588x325px
>there are fuckholes on this faggot board who denny climate change and brush it off as "leftist propaganda"

LISTEN HERE FAGGOTS I AM A FUCKING PHD IN CHEMISTRY AND HAVE A MASTERS IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING

YOU ONLY HAVE ONE PLANET

DONT
FUCKING
RUIN IT
>>
File: dennys[1].jpg (181KB, 982x500px) Image search: [Google]
dennys[1].jpg
181KB, 982x500px
>>8462577
>denny
>>
File: a2Wk17W.jpg (63KB, 780x432px) Image search: [Google]
a2Wk17W.jpg
63KB, 780x432px
>>8462577
But only God can destroy the world?
>>
>>8462577
>chemistry
>climate
They arent related
>>
File: musk.jpg (42KB, 626x382px) Image search: [Google]
musk.jpg
42KB, 626x382px
>>8462577

>YOU ONLY HAVE ONE PLANET

That's where you're wrong kiddo.
>>
>>8462962

So where's this other livable planet?
>>
>>8462966

Not OP by the way
>>
>>8462966

Mars
>>
>>8462960
>>8462960
Chemistry is a branch of physical science that studies the composition, structure, properties and change of matter.
>>
>>8462969
No but seriously: where did you plan on having all seven billion of us move to and live?
>>
>>8462966
Venus
>>
>>8462969

Yes, let's move to the inherently unsustainable Red Dead: Planetemption.
>>
I don't know anything about climate change or whether it's real or not so I have no opinion on it other than "idk"
>>
>>8463004
bet you're trying real hard too
>>
File: trash.jpg (12KB, 138x101px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
12KB, 138x101px
>argument from authority
>>
File: 1477703550102.png (36KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477703550102.png
36KB, 778x512px
>>8462577
>all that mad
>>
>>8462969

I have some prime real estate in antarctica to sell you
>>
>>8463055
The whole of science depends on that authority you dumb baiting cunt
>>
>>8462577
>PHD IN CHEMISTRY AND HAVE A MASTERS IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
I thought you have a PhD in physics focusing on Atmospheric Physics (or at least you should have done related research). Chemistry has nothing to do with this, it's just a shit-tier dumbed down physics degree for people who aren't smart enough for real physics or engineering.

>Implying you calculated everything and went through all those datasets verifying them.
This is no better argument than all the retard arguments people bring.
>>
>>8463321
>MASTERS IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
>aren't smart enough for real physics or engineering.
>>
>>8463339
>Chemical engineering
>Real engineering
I appreciate the joke.
>>
>>8462577
I try to think of it in the bigger picture. As long as there are fossil fuels left, we will continue burning them, because you can make a fuckton of profit from it. no going around that

imho there's also going to be a nuclear war at some point. and then nuclear waste et all

probably the next few hundred years will be a violent spasm and transform the global ecosystem radically.
what I wonder though is how much damage will still be felt 10 000 years from now?

in 10 000 years, what will people be shaking their heads mostly about? is all of our damage irreversible? it might be
>>
>>8462966
The sun. All you have to do is turn faster then it does so it's always night and when you need light or heat you send a few robots with mirrors to redirect some of the sun's energy towards you.
>>
>>8463351
that's literally as plausible as it gets when it comes to humans living on other planets
>>
>>8462577
People tend update their beliefs to match their political alignment. So, we have people on the right who view manmade climate change as a hoax because they are on the Right due to social issues or racial resentment.
>>
>>8462960
>Implying nitrogen levels don't impact the climate
>>
File: 1458830535385.gif (864KB, 160x270px) Image search: [Google]
1458830535385.gif
864KB, 160x270px
>>8462960
>>
>>8462577
i'll vote on climate change when the solution isn't "give the government more authority over every aspect of your life and increase funding."
other than that, i'll continue to recycle keep my lights turned off
>>
>>8462577
>PHD IN CHEMISTRY
Funny how your industry is one of the biggest if not biggest industry linked directly or indirectly to the so called global warming phenomenon.
Your post is so absurd that i fail to understand if its irony,you are mentally challenged,or you are trying to play a ruse on fresh of the boat anons.
>>
>>8463127
>science depends on authority
What the fuck are they teaching you kids in those overpriced daycares? Sure as hell isn't science.
>>
>>8463486
To be fair, chemistry is relavent to practically any field. I still don't trust a chemist to make judgements outside of chemistry though.
>>
>>8463529
>outside of chemistry though
The earth's climate has a lot to do with chemistry. Climate science and (atmospheric) chemistry intersect a lot.
>>
>>8462577
But you're a chemical engineer, which means you could find an efficient means for extracting carbon from the atmosphere.

The free market will fix everything :^)
>>
>>8462987

>all seven billion

lol, no. Just those of us who weren't lazy and made enough money to pay Elon Musk get to go.
>>
>>8463000

Elon's building the dream while you contribute nothing and play the modern day role of those pre-airplane skeptics who were certain heavier than air flight for man would never happen.
>>
>>8462577
Calm down, they are bait threads and most posters are just roleplaying to poke fun at the denial side. I am guilty of it myself I'll admit, it is pretty funny to write an extravagant argument about Jewish conspiracies and get people to agree with you. Doesn't mean I believe it though.
>>
>>8463626
He is building the railroad. He is doing nothing to figure out life support and the other issues of how we're actually going to stay alive on Mars
>>
>>8463638

He wouldn't build a railroad if he wasn't pretty sure it was going to get used.
>>
>>8463346
it's literally harder than civil and mech, brainlet

t. mech
>>
>>8463638
?
none of those things are difficult or show stoppers
>>
File: climate_clown_low.jpg (12KB, 455x510px) Image search: [Google]
climate_clown_low.jpg
12KB, 455x510px
>>8462577
Oh, it's you again.
>>
>>8462577

I don't like your attitude, sir.
>>
It's OK, don't panic. When Trump gets in he's going to prove so-called climate change is a Chinese invention.
>>
>>8463966
>A Chinese invention

I would even concede him that he might think climate change is a hoax or that our influence isn't fully measured even if I disagree.
But to say that China is behind this is utterly retarded. It's even above USA in terms of contamination for fuck sake.
>>
>>8464810
Exactly. It doesn't really matter whether it's an invention by the Chinese or not. If it is we have nothing to worry about and if it's not then China is the proprietary contributor anyway so there's nothing Trump can do about it anyway. He's rightfully blaming the Chinese, even if it's for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>8463529
There is nothing outside of chemistry.
>>
>>8464824
> If it is we have nothing to worry about and if it's not then China is the proprietary contributor anyway

China being above USA in emissions doesn't mean it isn't free of them, just that it's in second place.

So before blaming them, investing in renewables and try to reduce said emissions (even IF climate change at all is a ruse, the effects of the nasty shit that comes out of the fossil fuels are well known and proven, thanks Beijing) would be a better approach imo as he can throw the first stone.
>>
>>8464836
I agree that investing in renewable sources would be a good plan of action, but reducing emissions would hinder US businesses. This is in the long run a bad thing because then there is less money to put into R&D for the renewables. I have faith that technology will grow faster than the planet withers. But this is of course my opinion, and you have the right to your own.
>>
>>8464840
Not sure what is the state of the art right now, but I'm pretty there sure are ways of reducing emissions at least an aceptable % that might not damage bussiness.

Still, as far as I know Trump has no intention of doing none of these two options.
>>
>>8462577
>i know about the global climate because i fuck around in labz and sheit
>>
File: pepe.jpg (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
99KB, 600x800px
>These cucks bought the man made climate change meme
>>
I wish /pol/, and Trump, fully embraced science. Trump would be the perfect president, but oh well. Politics and agendas > science.
>>
why did they change the name from global warming to climate change
>>
This survey is about whether or not you would be interested in a kit that demonstrates physical phenomenons for a physics classroom. Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScWPLAI4F05_h01lUcSTo6l4mqbcdmtw6Tb7a9Z3hdyrk_Dyg/viewform
>>
>>8465665
Because global warming isn't quite accurate to what the reality is. Some places will actually get colder, which means that it's not total "global warming". Climate change is more scientifically accurate.

Most of the world will get warmer though, hence the original nickname.
>>
File: very smug pepe.jpg (28KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
very smug pepe.jpg
28KB, 508x524px
>>8465676
so the scientists were wrong?
>>
File: gwcalledoffduetocold[1].jpg (40KB, 462x350px) Image search: [Google]
gwcalledoffduetocold[1].jpg
40KB, 462x350px
>>8465665
They are backpedalling and shitting in their pants when people are asking for evidence, therefore they are changing their bullshit name that they couldn't sell initially.
>>
>>8465680
It was one guy who originally brought it to light who used the word "global warming" and they ran with it because that is mainly what it would do. But then they realized a better term would be climate change since it fit what was going on better. The person who coined global warming actually apologized for the name since it caused some issues. Everything about it hasn't changed, just the name. Happens in science sometimes, especially naming species.
>>
>>8462577
HEY YOU DOUBLE NIGGER IVORY TOWER INTELLECTUAL LEFTIST CUNT

I DARE TO ASK YOU A QUESTION

WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING SOLUTION TO CLIMATE CHANGE WHEN CHINA IS PUMPING OUT ENOUGH GAS TO BLOT OUT THE SUN

THE METROPOLITAN AREA OF BEIJING MAKES AS MUCH CO2 AS ALL OF THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES

PLEASE OH WISE ONE

TELL ME HOW RUINING OUR ECONOMY
RAISING FUEL PRICES
RAISING FOOD PRICES
AND HURTING THE POOR WILL SAVE THE PLANET
>>
>>8465690
Uh no. It was called Climate Change clear back in the 1950s. Global warming is what they changed the name to because it helps the public understand what's happening.

Both terms are accurate, the Earth is warming. Average temperatures caused by greenhouse gases have been rising since the start of the industrial age. A warming is a change in climate so it is also accurate.

Saying 'some places will get colder' is mostly false. The entire Earth will get warmer no matter where you are, seasonally of course we will still have winter, but overall temperatures in every part of the globe will rise.
>>
>>8462577
Kek
>>
It's not a real problem. t. science.
>>
>>8465693
Not OP but the thing with China is that it's waking up.

Today, China is the largest investor in green technology (has invested billions and wants to invest trillions in the future), has made many improvements towards environmental regulation and is always participating in climate change summits.

China is doing what people are expecting it to do. Few countries like India aren't, and the USA, which improved a lot under Obama, risks being set backward.
>>
>>8465766
>and the USA, which improved a lot under Obama
Peer reviewed sources, please. The results of this election indicate otherwise.
>>
File: bumper sticker.jpg (13KB, 395x185px) Image search: [Google]
bumper sticker.jpg
13KB, 395x185px
>>8465665
climate change includes global cooling
>>
>>8465682
>>8465665

It's because idiots heard "global warming" and assumed that meant temperatures would go up everywhere. That's not how climates work,. adding heat leads to unpredictable climate change, so "climate change" was coined as a more accurate summary for the idiots.
>>
>>8465721
>Saying 'some places will get colder' is mostly false.

Except that if global warming shuts down the Gulf Stream (which it eventually will) Europe will become significantly colder.
>>
>>8465774
I was talking about environmental regulations.

Obama is very environmentally-conscious and a very smart man. Did great work with the EPA, fucked the fossil fuel industries, increasing budget for greener technology projects, lead climate change summits, etc. However, all of Obama's good work is in risk of being erased due to Trump.

This election proved one thing, people have had enough of establishment politics. If Trump was a Democrat instead, he would have won regardless. I love Trump but the one and only thing I hate about him is his refusal to accept climate change, wish he would change that stance.
>>
>>8463127
Retard detected
>>
>>8462962
Dream on, mars man
>>
>>8465791
Erased, and eventually be put back in place 2 or 4 years from now. All these "But Clinton is just as bad as Trump!!"- people who stayed at home this election will soon wake up when they realize just how bad Trump and the Republicans are going to be and so Congress will be blue in 2 years, and the white house in 4. And i also sincerely believe this was the last election these republicans will have ever won.
>>
>>8462577
The planet's going to be fine, mate. Relax.
>>
>>8462956
Yes.
>>
>>8463774
>it's literally harder than civil and mech, brainlet
Civil is a joke. Mech is also pretty much a joke compared to EE or a good Mechatronics degree. Also, harder is relative. You aren't a very good ME, are you?
>>
>>8463000
>Red Dead: Planetemption
I have seen this name drops more lately. Is this a new meme?
>>
>>8462987
>all seven billion
Be realistic: there's at least six billion of them who you wouldn't miss at all.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.