[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when do we get 3D Holograms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1477249724974.jpg (61KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1477249724974.jpg
61KB, 500x666px
So when do we get 3D Holograms?
>>
when i get a piece of that ass
>>
>>8462249
So never.
>>
File: canon12_01.jpg (123KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
canon12_01.jpg
123KB, 480x360px
>>8462236
The sci-fi conception of holograms, that is images floating in mid air is impossible without
A) modifying the properties of air, ie with smoke/vapor
B) ionizing air with lasers to make it glow

A) suffers from bad image quality, as air currents disrupt the modified air.

B) requires a big dangerous laser that can blind you, requiring that one wear goggles. In addition, ionizing air creates air pollution in the form of ozone and NOx. Plus the only colors you can do are blue.

You can make a simple 2d version of A) in your garage using some fans, straws, a projector and ultrasonic foggers
>>
>>8462249
>not going for the jarritos
what are you, hetero?
>>
>>8462282
You have to go back, Pedro.
>>
It's like Keynes said, even a broken window helps the ass man get some wealth.
>>
>>8462422
i'm actually paco, check mate faggot, btw trump loses
>>
>>8462282
>>8462812
SWIGGITY SWITE SWIMMIN
I'M COMIN FOR YOUR WHITE WOMEN
>>
>>8462267
who says that they should float mid-air?
you can have them inside a crystal around which you can walk and see the thing from different angles.
I'd be happy with that
>>
>>8462941
This is what Samsung's holograms do. It's very primitive, but a step in the right direction
>>
>>8462889
>implying white/european + latino doesn't make the hottest women
>>
>>8462941
Thousands of sci-fi nerds, pretty much any layman.

We have a name for that, we call such things a volumetric display. They typically use an LCD spinning at a gorillion RPM
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
Would it be possible to create a peppers ghost illusion with a curved mirror so there are no seams? It should be simple for a computer map an image on the curved surface, but can a single flat screen project the image in a way so they don't all overlap? See pic for example. It's using 4 images. A curved surface could have 360 but how would that be projected?
>>
>>8462977
i didn't find anything, sauce?
>>
>>8463979
They have a patent.
I don't think this is what the patent is for, but it's cool regardless

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oCLI5NOgi8Y
>>
*pffffffffffffffffft* oh haha sorry anon just wanted to grab the milk *BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP* hehe ;)
>>
>>8464849
That is not a hologram, that is not even a volumetric image
>>
>>8464849
this is not 3d you nigger
>>
>>8462236
We have very shitty but actual 3d holograms. not that fake pyramid reflection shit.
>>
>>8465341
pass me the salsa. Also reflected on the air holograms are thrash
>>
>>8464904
why would my mom call me anon?
>>
>>8462267
Always leave room for:
C) exploits physics we know nothing of
"Best way to predict the future is to invent it"
>>
>>8463624
Who's 'we', faggot? You're nobody. Stop pretending. You're never getting remembered
>>
File: 1478058505075.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1478058505075.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>>8462282
>orange flavored
You need to back. Pineapple masterrace.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.