[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forced Math/Science Education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: MathInClassroom.jpg (19KB, 590x288px) Image search: [Google]
MathInClassroom.jpg
19KB, 590x288px
At least in my old school, people were forced to study math and science for an exam at age 16.

What do you think about this? Should everyone be forced to learn math and science?
Many career paths do not involve math or science beyond a very basic level.
>>
>>8461662
Basic math before they're old enough to think for themselves. Beyond that, no. I didn't find math interesting until years after I left institutionalized education, by which point my mind had purged itself of unused data.
>>
>>8461662
I agree OP. While we're at it, students should also not be taught how to read and write if they don't want to. School is a waste of time, they could be working and earning money for the family instead of wasting their youth on "education".
>>
>>8461719
Firstly, I did not mean to say that math and science were not useful. What I meant to say was that, beyond a certain level, math may not be especially useful to certain individuals.

Secondly, the math taught as this level is much less critical than being able to read/write.
>>
Yes, for the same reason you should be forced to learn history. You live on this planet, you need to know the basics of how shit works.
>>
File: Euclid.jpg (64KB, 600x537px) Image search: [Google]
Euclid.jpg
64KB, 600x537px
>>8461662
All that needs to be thougth to children is geometry and basic number theory so they have the ability to grasp physical quantity. If you really want to learn anything more than that you can do it by yourself easily enough quickly, autodidacts are smarter so don't make people waste time trying to learn things they won't understand/forget before they see it has any point.

>>8461719
School is a waste of time, it's just forced work without pay and most kids know that. It exists to build up a work ethic in children so they grow up to pay taxes and work for corporations. If kids really don't want to read/write they shouldn't have to then we won't have 12 year olds shit posting online.

>>8461828
History is just nationalist propaganda. There doesn't exist any historical facts just interpretations of supposed events. If history wasn't taught there might be less wars all we know.
>>
>>8461828
This guy
>my hero, preach!
>>8461662
If you commit to choosing a career at 16 and dont have a back up plan then you're incredibly short-sighted.
>Even pro athletes have an education
>Some of them
>The smart ones anyway
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.