[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask someone who met Dr. James Gates yesterday anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Ask someone who met Dr. James Gates yesterday anything.
>>
>>8461096
Did he explain his research to you or did he just tell you it's too complicated for you to ever understand?
>>
>>8461097
I had a sit down with him after his talk. I found him sitting on the stairs an hour later talking to various other undergrad and grad students. He was a pretty cool guy to talk to. Very down to earth. I asked a bunch of different questions including what he's been doing these past couple months.
>>
>>8461096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp4NkItgf0E
never heard of the man.

Watching this OP, is this legit or more hyped pseudoscience?
>>
>>8461117
It's legit from what I can tell. Dude has been doing the research for a while now. He's actually done a a lot of work for the field of sub atomic particles and super symmetry.
>>
>>8461117
adding to my other post. Yeah i asked him about how he found out error codes in the equations and he said he transferred the equations into a visual representation and that's how he found a bunch of patterns. At first he had to hand draw them. After he spoke to some mathematicians for some help they used his method to create a program that does it.
>>
>>8461138
Sounds very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh4kIKoJ7Do
I am watching this now and i have no clue what's going on
>>
>>8461138
Damn that was actually so interesting.

Number of rotations in N dimensional space.

And how in a curved space time such as our own moving one step in x and then one step in y is not the same as one step in y and then one in x.

What an enthusiastic lecturer
>>
>>8461096
I walk by that guys office at least twice a day.
>>
>>8461096
Did give you the equation for the simulated universe proof?
>>
Does he has a BBC?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.