[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys do this? I mean I saw a lot of you guys learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: frog.png (59KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
59KB, 400x388px
How do you guys do this? I mean I saw a lot of you guys learn math/chemistry/physics/comp.sci at the same time. How do you have so much time to learn all this stuff? And why don't you learn one particular area (for example only math) instead of learning others subjects like chemistry?
>>
>>8458726
It's important to be well rounded.
>>
>>8458726
They are just highschoolers and freshmen dreaming of becoming polymaths. They have just taken the intro courses.
>>
>>8458726
We don't. You got the wrong impression.
Of course some people like to pretend they know multiple subjects. Combinations of phys, math, and cs are common. But they are just pretending.
>>
>>8458737
>>8458741
I completely agree with you guys, none of us is any sort of well-rounded
you may think we study, but neh, we mostly watch, like, numberphile and physicsphile, and then discuss complicated topics none of us has any idea about.
>>
You got the wrong impression.
However there are people who master two fields at the same time. A common combo is electrical engineering and computer science.

Math and programming etc etc.
>>
>>8458741
Why someone would do such a thing?
>>
I think it's only that an impressive amount of math and cs can be learned in parallel to other subjects.
This is because those two have a tool-like character.
Also, people who are math and cs majors will of course not be extremely impressed. It's mostly impressive for those who don't know any of these fields.
Lastly, the "time" questions is wrongly posted, I think everybody has the time. If you watch 5h of tv or play games a week, then you actually have the time.
>>
i'm a recent maths/comp sci graduate, what field would you guys recommend me to look into next? I'm thinking physics, perhaps more statistics and a detailed study of ML to go on from that, I pretty much failed all my ML modules even though i had a gpa of 3.67 so I might avoid that and look into number theory.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.