[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: baby rudin with baby.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
baby rudin with baby.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
Post your stupid questions here.
>>
>>8458595
Why is algebraic geometry so boring
>>
>>8458595
200 page book is 200$. Kek
>>
If a closed thermodynamic system that measures 273.15 K gets heated by 26.85 °C, what temperature does it become?
>>
>>8458684
>convert to kelvin
>add up
>???
>ta daaaa
>>
So I've been doing some thermodynamics problems, and this one asks me to calculate work done from isothermal expansion of a Van der Waals gas.

I understand the concept and I know my approach is correct, but I feel I'm fucking up the integral somewhere because apparently my answer is incorrect.
>>
>>8458684

Kelvin and Celcius have equivalent unitary changes
>>
>>8459083
Shoudn't the work be negative as the gas is expanding?
>>
>>8459083
I can't tell if you converted your units correctly, and did you forget to multiply by the temperature in the end?
>>
If I'm measuring the torque to start a lawn mower, do I need to measure anything besides the radius of the pulley?
>>
The moment of inertia of the thing you are spinning?
>>
>>8459175
Oh yeah, the first time round I forgot to multiply by Temperature and got something like 30J, which was even more ludicrous.

>>8459141
...Holy shit you're right. It's frankly shameful that I'm using engineering conventions as a physicist.
>>
>>8459256
Nah that happens. Sometimes my derivatives of x^2 are x^2 and other silly mistakes that accumulate and end up costing semesters.
>>
File: 1474321779555.gif (2MB, 395x313px) Image search: [Google]
1474321779555.gif
2MB, 395x313px
what would an intro to signal processing class be like /sci/?
>>
>>8458595
You ever put a dick in that baby?
>>
>>8459410
Fourier Analysis
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.