[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a shit teacher at a local community college who can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I have a shit teacher at a local community college who can't explain this or even provide reference material for me to better understand it.

I come within .50 everytime I answer this but I'm still marked wrong.

Could someone out there help me solve this or provide reference material? My textbook covers this is one short paragraph.

(I've sent this to WSR all I recieved was first page google hits)
>>
take a ruler. scale the image until the length of the 9m/s vector becomes 9cm/inches/marks whatever your want.
then measure the resultant. thats it. 7 and 13
>>
>>8458081
>use a ruler

What the FUCK. Drop out. Now, while you still can. What a fucking garbage school.
>>
>>8458102
Explain to me why this is bad, please.
>>
>>8458081
Use the law of sin/cosin, not too hard.
>>
>>8458108
(not that guy but)
It's not, but it is sort of High School.

Solving geometrically is valid; I mean, slide rules use geometry to calculate and sent us to the moon.

Mostly though, resultant forces is not the kind of problem they would have in a college level physics class. One would use the projection of vectors in component form, or trigonometry to solve.
In the real world, geometric methods are often faster.
That is why your roof pitches are standardized.
>>
Better solution
Use a protractor to measure the angles between 1 and 2
Then use trigo to solve the length
>>
>>8458122
He probably hasn't learned that, given that his school is forcing him to do preschool-tier exercises.
>>
>>8458134
Going with this for future study.
>>
Appreciate all the help. I figured it out, learning different methods of solving this problem now, Again, thanks a lot.
>>
>>8458122
But there's no given angle in the problem.
>>
>>8458081
>Use a ruler to estimate the magnitude
You could do this without even using v2. Is this a joke?
>>
>>8458081
holy shit kek I remember using rulers to measure vectors in high school physics
>>
Look up "parallelogram of forces in link below, you then extrapolate (draw/mirror) these vectors given as a parallelogram and you measure the new diagonal that appears (and which will be the in direction of resultant)...If you draw each velocity as the lines legth ie 2ms as 2cm and 5ms as 5cm etc, the new diagonal (in direction of resultsnt force) its length will be the answer.in ms

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallelogram_of_force
>>
>>8458081
you need a scale factor.
mesure v1. its length is, for example, 4cm.
so 4cm is 9m/s, and 1cm is 9/4 m/s
measure unknown vector. lets say it turns out 8cm.
so the speed is 8 * 9/4 = 18m/s
>>
>>8458704
OP, this.
>>
File: 1478321728949.jpg (50KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
1478321728949.jpg
50KB, 500x737px
>>8458137
fucken internet alpha.
>>
File: 1384774555295.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1384774555295.gif
400KB, 488x519px
>>8458261
>>
The approach is more simple
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-multiplication

measure the length of all arrows.
you find that the length of v1 for instance L1 = 10 cm and the length Lr of the resulting arrow is for instance Lr = 8 cm.
Then you have a table
L1 = 10cm <-> v1 = 9 m/s (1)
Lr = 8cm <-> vr = x m/s (2)

x is unknown. the x needs to be calculated now.

(1)/10 yields
1 cm <-> 9 m/s / 10 (3)

(3)*8 yields
8cm <-> 9 m/s / 10 * 8 (4)

Compare (2) and (4) and see
vr = 9 m/s / 10 * 8
or
vr = 9 m/s * 8 / 10
>>
Look for "Rule of Three"
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.