[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw nano-scientist that is playing with universe makes less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: part101_infographics_v07.png (110KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
part101_infographics_v07.png
110KB, 2400x1800px
>tfw nano-scientist that is playing with universe makes less than some freelance designer that lands 10 jobs in a year

Why even bother with science? You can be an ignorant fool and earn more, even if you have 1% of brain you will become a freelancer so that you earn entire cake for yourself instead of working for some company
>>
File: download (6).jpg (5KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
5KB, 200x193px
>this thread again
If you're doing it for the money, you're doing it wrong
>>
>>8458581
Way to bump a dying thread.
>>
>>8458581
Yeah I'm not doing it for the money but when I see that some idiot drawing emojis makes 10x what I make it really makes me question life
>>
What's there to question?
Money is equivalent to people's time, not their skill. Also arguably drawing emojis is more useful for most people than afm images of dirt
>>
>>8458581

If nobody gets paid for doing science, nobody will do it.

The amount of money paid to a profession is an expression of how much society values that profession.

Nobody can live on air and goodwill.
>>
File: ra.jpg (139KB, 634x849px) Image search: [Google]
ra.jpg
139KB, 634x849px
I have two coding jobs - one is for a group at a research facility (muh superconducting qubits experiments) and one "data science" (looking at traffic data and doing statistic).
The first is badly paid (PhD student salary/hour) and the second one is "do it at home and present what you find" (i.e. I don't do shit for the money I get).
I'll quit both jobs eventually, but I'll drop the latter sooner, because I rather spend 5 more hours reading homotopy type theory or whatever papers than having extra money I don't know what to do with. (I'm not so interested in traveling.)
My point is probably that it may seem odd that simple jobs get paid more, but TO BE HONEST the simple coding jobs are relevant and the academics jobs are fapping around with stuff you enjoy. Of course, quantum computers, curing cancer, understanding spread of diseases... blabla. no, those are shills to get grant money. science is masturbation. I already like fapping all day more than looking at actually city statistics to the extent that I rather not get paid. If you were to study in Göttingen (or whatever the American equivalent is), then you're moving to a city with 1/3 student population, parties, fucking around - it's fair that the code monkeys get paid more, and more relevant (and hopefully organized so that those hours are not wasted), while uni is mostly fun and reading cool stuff.
>>
>In 2004, it stood at 129,466 of which around 24,000 were students.
only 1/5, but still
>>
why does a scheduler switch context so often if it's that expensive ?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.