[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Sun has fallen out of orbit and is going to crash into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1478211385506.gif (76KB, 519x501px) Image search: [Google]
1478211385506.gif
76KB, 519x501px
>The Sun has fallen out of orbit and is going to crash into the Earth. Humanity has randomly chosen people to enter an underground nuclear shelter with enough food and provisions for the next 50 years until the Earth is habitable again, luckily you were picked.
>You are allowed to bring one scientific instrument with you.

Choose wisely /sci/...
>>
>the sun has fallen out of orbit

A fucking dildo
I want to ram something up my ass one last time before the solar system fucking collapses in the next few minutes
>>
>>8455619
>The Sun has fallen out of orbit and is going to crash into the Earth

I wonder how big the crater in the earth would be if that happened. :^)
>>
>>8455619
What if the sun gets deflected by the moon?
>>
>>8455619
>the sun will eventually crash into the earth
>yeah, lets make underground shelters that'll surely help!
>>
>>8455619
>The Sun has fallen out of orbit

Laugh, since its about fucking time something eradicated us. At least it'll get mouthbreathing retards that still use the geocentric solar system model like yourself.
>>
>>8455657
Geocentric model is for more intelligent beings, not less intelligent.

It's harder to calculate the orbits.
>>
Ignoring how shitty OP's mini story was, and ignoring how little information was given (what counts as a science instrument? What books is new civilization given access to, etc.)

I will say a microscope. Reverse engineering is relatively simple, manufacturing one is relatively simple (so it can be used to make more), and understanding what we cannot see has been one of the most important tools science has ever had.

Meme answer: a solar powered laptop with a memebyte hard rive that has downloaded all relevant human knowledge.
>>
File: seveneves-site.jpg (68KB, 1280x823px) Image search: [Google]
seveneves-site.jpg
68KB, 1280x823px
Not your exact scenario OP but this book does go into detail on who would be saved in an end of the world situation.

Spoilers: NDT and Hillary Clinton survive the destruction of Earth.
>>
>>8455623
but that's gay, why would you want to do that?
>>
>>8455619

I'll bring my tricorder.
>>
>>8455619
the earth would not survive that you retard
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.