[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I suck at Math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Kwn8uTt.jpg (307KB, 880x1318px) Image search: [Google]
Kwn8uTt.jpg
307KB, 880x1318px
I don't know when I lost interest in math in high school. I passed cal 1,2,3 with B's&C's in college. But I literally can not do math. I failed cal a bunch of times I only passed because I kept repeating the same classes. I would like to become great in math but do not know where to start. Does anyone know a good resource? I mostly want to identify what basics I am lacking that prevent me from progressing
>>
>>8454439
Lang's "Basics Mathematics"
Gelfand's "Algebra" and "Trigonometry"
Kline's "Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach"
>>
>>8454439
You either try to gain the interest again by reading interesting topics or switch to other things that isn't math

But hey, you took Calc!

Just one question OP: Do you have a new interests?
>>
>>8454451
Learning lots on chemistry, I major in geology so I'd like to go into geochemistry, gain some respect in that field, then transfer to planetary geology. Analyzing meteorites to piece together mechanisms on other planets.
I've just always had a phobia of math and did not pursue it. Luckily I just run into a few integral equations but as my career advances I'm going to have to understand more math.
>>
>>8454460
Yeah, you have to understand math but not as much of other fields

Just try to do your best then, do it for your passion that you don't follow but bring it with you
And excel with the chemistry part, so you could get a masters or something, don't know how you get into geochemistry
>>
>>8454460
One question: why geochemistry?
Aren't there more interesting applications of the second-purest science than the study of the make-up of rocks?
>>
>>8454472
Lots of money involved with oil companies and it's easy
>>
>>8454439
>Does anyone know a good resource?
yes: diligence. endurance. patience.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.