[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite math/sci quotes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 18

File: quote_einstein.png (20KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
quote_einstein.png
20KB, 550x550px
What are your favorite math/sci quotes?
>>
>>8454409
Dance as if no one was watching

Sing as if no one is listening

Work on complex mathematics as if you had no friends

- alexander grothendieck
>>
File: quote_godel.png (34KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
quote_godel.png
34KB, 550x550px
>>
>>8454412
One absolute /sci/ quote right here

Anyway, this thread will have potential, looking for it
And sorry i cannot contribute
>>
>>8454422
Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not.
>>
File: quote_oppenheimer.png (36KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
quote_oppenheimer.png
36KB, 550x550px
>>
>>8454409
The Rudvalis group was discovered twenty years after Einstein died. How does this quote make sense?
>>
>>8454444
Oh, I've been meme'd. Maybe my quad quads will redeem me.
>>
#MakeTheseKindsOfThreadsGreatAgain
>>
File: MAGA.png (15KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
MAGA.png
15KB, 550x550px
>>
"What are you gonna do, stab me?" - Archimedes
>>
File: CrisYSJVUAAOZYv.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
CrisYSJVUAAOZYv.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>8454414
That's incorrect.
The cat is either dead or alive you mongrel.
The vial with the poison is broken once the measurement is made.

Reference:
Griffiths – Introduction to Quantum Mechanics.
>>
"You can do steal anything you want at the patent office, nobody will find out" - Einstein, circa 1904
>>
>>8454778
>being both this autistic and this retarded
>>
The square root of two has to be one, because one times one is two. If one squared was one, then that would invalidate one being one and hence it has to be two.
- Goebbels
>>
>>8454778
Shut up moron, unfortunately the stupid Copenhagen interpretation allows faggotries like this
>>
"Mathematics is not ready for this problem" - On Kurt Cobain's suicide note, speaking about x+6=2
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 277x182px
>>8454792
>Shut up moron, unfortunately the stupid Copenhagen interpretation allows faggotries like this
Holy fuck you're dense.
To detect the radioactive decay, a measurement has to be made.
Once the measurement is made, the vial is broken.
Before the vial is broken: the cat is alive.
After the vial is broken: the cat is dead.
At no time the cat is both alive and dead.
Otherwise you substitute *cat* with *universe*.
There's no point in that.
That's why it's called paradox.
>>
>>8454792
Yeah, it kind of demonstrates that Copenhagen is bullshit.
>>
>>8454409

"God made the integers; all else is the work of man." - Leopold Kronecker
>>
"suppose there exists a largest integer M. M+1 does not exist." - Norman Wildburger
>>
Poincaré on the Three Body Problem: "As of yet, I have found no general solution. In particular, my notes are now a mess. This shall henceforth be denominated 'chaos'"
>>
File: 1448908417132.jpg (25KB, 505x556px) Image search: [Google]
1448908417132.jpg
25KB, 505x556px
"I think surjections are epic"
- Saunders Mac Lane
>>
"It's pronounced Yuler not Oiler goddammit" - Euclid
>>
>>8454773
Hold my beer. I'm gonna get closer.
- Pliney the Elder
>>
>>8454773
holy shit
>>
>>8454969
>Pliney
blimey
>>
>>8454954
who is this cutie?
>>
File: IMG_20161004_005115.jpg (51KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161004_005115.jpg
51KB, 320x320px
>>8454773
>>
>>8454842
Kek
>>
File: 1473714665577.png (218KB, 400x520px) Image search: [Google]
1473714665577.png
218KB, 400x520px
>>8455011
That would be Ika Musume.

Here's another one:
"I don't know how to prove this diagram's commutativity, so I'll just draw devils around it and leave it to the reader"
- Grothendieck in a letter of his
>>
>>8454510
kek'd
>>
>>8454409
Biologically speaking, if something bites you, it is more likely to be female.
- Desmond Morris
>>
The curl of the vector field described by my penis is nonnegative.
- Me
>>
>>8454842
*M+1, if it exists, is less than or equal to M
>>
>>8454414
>-kurt gödel
Kek
>>
>>8454954
Hot
>>
>>8454795
>check to see if this is real
>see pic related
what did he mean by this?
>>
"I hate france " - debroglie
>>
"The shorter the grass, the taller the tree" - Darwin, On the origin of species
>>
> Linear Algebra is a subdiscipline of Algebraic Geometry where everybody thinks n=1
>>
>>8455375
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collatz_conjecture

Erdos: "mathematics may not be ready for such problems"
>>
>>8455375
we've reached a memeological singularity, you know what to do...
>>
“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass you can tip your fedora"

-Werner Heisenberg
>>
File: recite-1p7sgu9.png (375KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
recite-1p7sgu9.png
375KB, 600x706px
>>
>>
>>8455892
This gives me a vague feeling he was molested as a child
>>
>>8455892
all the more beans for me then
>>
“When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely, in your thoughts advanced to the stage of science.”
- William Thomson
>>
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Feynman

The most applicable quote to "game changing" energy sources and energy storage devices. People believe so much bullshit salesmanship when it comes to energy, to the point which, most can't actualize the crisis we're in.
>>
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Mochizuki, after finding the first non-trivial zero of the zeta function outside of the Re=1/2 line.
>>
>>8454773
Damn son
>>
>>8455390
Holy kek
>>
"Be less curious about people, and more curious about ideas" - Himmler
>>
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
- Shinichi Mochizuki
>>
"In science, the credit goes to the man that convinces the World, not to whom the idea first occurs."
- Zhu Xiping
>>
"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" - Socrates
>>
File: download (1).png (15KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
15KB, 550x550px
>>
accepting the existence of one objective truth is the only foundation to any knowledge or understanding
jewish physics == relativism
-/pol/
>>
File: Kronecker.jpg (23KB, 300x455px) Image search: [Google]
Kronecker.jpg
23KB, 300x455px
"When kings are building, carters have work to do." Kronecker (quoting a German poet) to Cantor in a letter
>>
>>8454409

"This isn't right. This isn't even wrong."

- Wolfgang Pauli 's response after reading a colleague's paper with outlandish conclusions.
>>
"This isn't right. This isn't even wrong." - Georg Cantor on Inter-universal Teichmüller theory III
>>
>>8454409
"Why was six afraid of seven?. Because seven ate nine!"
>>
>>8458027
That's a Euler quote, right?
>>
>>8454780
Shh, we need savants to spice things up.
>>
>>8454954
And now I need an injection to prevent mono.
>>
Providence has not led us along these amazing paths in vain. On the day that the party was founded I recalled that our nation once gained immense victories. Then it became ungrateful, disunited, sinned against itself. Thereupon it was punished by Providence. We deserved our defeat. If a nation forgets itself as completely as the German nation did at that time, if it thinks that it can shake off all honor and all good faith, Providence can do nothing but teach it a hard and bitter lesson. But even at that time we were convinced that once our nation found itself again, once it again became industrious and honorable, once each individual German stood up for his nation first and not for himself, once he placed the interests of the community above his own personal interests, once the whole nation again pursued a great ideal, once it was prepared to stake everything for this ideal, the hour would come when the Lord would declare our trials at an end. If fate should once more call us to the battlefield, the blessing of Providence will be with those who have merited it by years of hard work. When I compare myself and my opponents in other countries in the light of history, I do not fear the verdict on our respective mentalities. Who are these egoists? Each one of them merely defends the interests of his class. Behind them all stands either the Jew or their own moneybags. They are all nothing but money-grubbers, living on the profits of this war. No blessing can come of that. I oppose these people merely as the 0 champion of my country. I am convinced that our struggle will in the future be blessed by Providence, as it has been blessed up to now.

--Ramanujan "Aryan Terror" Srinivasa
>>
File: 0007.jpg (89KB, 624x576px) Image search: [Google]
0007.jpg
89KB, 624x576px
>>8458148
That actually seems a logical reason behind the nomenclature.

"I just bit my coffee cup and broke my teeth"
- Felix Hausdorff
>>
Where dem hoes at - Walter Lewin
>>
"Game theory was thought up after playing soggy cookie."
- Nash
>>
>>8457763
why was this person such a bully
>>
>>8454810
The cat is superposition retard, since the decaying particle's quantum state is entangled with the cat, go read a fucking book before you open your stupid autistic face ever again.

>>8454817
No it doesn't. Just that weird shit happens when spooky quantum happens. You're just too dense to see.
>>
"Mileva, what comes next?" - Einstein
>>
>>8458945
>the cat is in superposition
lmao.
this is some deepak chopra tier shit
>>
>>8458945
>superposition
nigger that collapsed when the measurement was made to break or not break the vial
Schro-yo's cat is a meme
>>
File: 9639639.jpg (29KB, 500x547px) Image search: [Google]
9639639.jpg
29KB, 500x547px
>>8454787
Curious is the trap-makers art. Their efficacy unwitnessed by their own eyes.
>>
>>8454414
best ITT holy shit
>>
File: Last Theorem.png (43KB, 550x447px) Image search: [Google]
Last Theorem.png
43KB, 550x447px
>>8460533
I fucked it up.
>>
>>8454773

"Don't disturb my circles!"

- Einstien
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.