[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know how to ask this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1403977054534.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1403977054534.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
How the fuck does the Universe or what created it exist or start existing?

If there was nothing before it, why'd it just suddenly decide to exist?

If it was always there, why did it suddenly start doing shit now?

If it's a cycle of existing and non-existing, why would it suddenly heat death this time around, not being able to form shit, and stay that way?
>>
those are some hard questions to answer, anon
>>
Matter and energy transforms. It doesn't appear or dissapear. The matter in the universe always existed and it changes its form. It didn't suddenly start anything, it transforms and atoms morph into different entities. Existence is the default state of matter, there is no why or how.
>>
You should first ask yourself the question that "before" there was anything (if that was ever the case), there was no sense of time an "fast", "quick", "suddenly", etc. are meaningless notions.
It's not like if you stand on the street and "suddenly" decide to flip your hands. For you on the street there is a notion of waiting until you do something.
If there is no time, then nothing is "suddenly". The start is just the start.
>>
>>8453636
No one has the least idea on how answer your questions, don't let theses questions consume you though, try not to think about it.
>>
>>8453636
simulation
>>
>>8453663
+1 for this
The universe is clearly a Fortran 95 simulation, the answer is all there before your eyes.
>>
>>8453661
>No one has the least idea on how answer your questions
Everyone has some idea on how to answer these :^)
>>
>>8453636
define "nothing"

humans are really bad at making sense of these kinds of questions because we have all of these implicit assumptions such as time existing and what not, which has no reason to be true when you try to go "before the universe"

This is not a question for philosophy, it's a question for theoretical physics and the answer is we don't know yet.
>>
>>8453646
the issue with the "beginning of time" idea is that you're still thinking in a 4 dimensional scale, without time there are no events, for time to not be at one point and to be the next there must be an outside factor exempt from time that changes state
>>
>>8453695
When will we know?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>8453897
If AI is able to program new, better AI, and the intelligence goes exponential, we could know within the next 500 years. Or it could be 5000 or 50,000. It depends on how complex our reality is. (I'm guessing it's pretty damn complex)
>>
>>8453636
Actually this is a meaningless question.

I know it seems like it means something, but it doesn't.
>>
>>8455666
Fuck off satan
>>
>>8453636
I know! I would be a christian but the one thing I just cant swallow is that once jesus was finished nailing his first arm to the cross how did he get the nail in the other arm! so im an agnostic.
>>
>>8455693
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: g9luxi.jpg (107KB, 650x633px) Image search: [Google]
g9luxi.jpg
107KB, 650x633px
>>8455788
It's a heretical meme, disregard.
>>
>>8455788
He(I am him) means its fucking impossible to nail yourself to a cross without help, which proves Christianity is 100% fake.
>>
>>8455687
satan is a figment of your imagination too, and 666 means Nero Cesar, not satan
>>
>>8455687
Imagine if every 666 post was authored by satan.

Would that i could be possessed by Him
>>
File: 1476090252578.jpg (120KB, 634x876px) Image search: [Google]
1476090252578.jpg
120KB, 634x876px
No one even understands wtf the universe is even supposed to actually be.

Literally none of it makes sense.
>>
>>8455942
Before this comment:

[X] Not thinking

[ ] Thinking

After this comment:

[ ] Not Thinking

[X] Thinking
>>
>>8455872

wait what?

nobody thinks jesus nailed HIMSELF into a cross.
>>
>>8455944
Before this comment:

[] Not thinking

[X ] Thinking

After this comment:

[X ] Not Thinking

[] Thinking
>>
>>8455946
But I thought he did it so he could hang out with those two guys
>>
>>8455948
>hang out
Heh
>>
>>8453636
Science cant help you here.

Maybe the universe exists because it feels like it. It can be observed that a thing, if left alone and unaffected by degrading circumstances, will continue existing. Assuming the old addage that the macrocosm reflects the microcosm, you can therefore say that as to exist is a property of things, the universe, being a thing, will tend to exist unless something else tries to stop it.

You could say that. But probably god did it, desu.
>>
The universe is programmed in a way that we can't understand the concept of non-existence. Once you get to the meta universe, it becomes obvious
>>
>>8453636
Quantum fluctuations caused the big bang. They will form another one given enough time.
>>
>>8453636
Sorry but you got to ask God on that one.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.