[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pill weights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Methylin 10 mg.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Methylin 10 mg.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
So I was curious and decide to weight my Ritalin perscription. The script says "10mg" so I assume each is 10mg. So I place 1 on a scale and the scale reads "0.1" when set to grams. Now if it really weighed 10mg, then shouldn't 1 pill not even read on the scale since 1g=1000mg?

Tl;dr does the weight on a pill/capsule represent the full weight of the pill/capsule, or is that weight correlate to the amount of that substance in the pill/capsule?

Pic related
>>
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>8453413
you weigh the chemikillz.
so if it says 0.1 chemikillz that means you have a 10% chance of dying if you take it.
0.1 times 100%
>>
>>8453413
now before I address you as retardo deluxe, I will say that the 10 mg refers to the active compound in the pill, in this case Methyl phenyl(piperidin-2-yl)acetate, the rest of the weight are excipients

now I'm no chemist, so a more knowledgeable nerd please feel free to correct me
>>
>>8453413
I too will raise the question: are you retarded?

For any pill, ritalin or anything else, the pill contains inactive ingredients like binders that hold the pill together, and various other chemicals. It indeed has 10mg of methylphenidate, but a Ritalin pill is not just pure methylphenidate - it contains other chemicals, and therefore weighs more than 10mg. If you didn't immediately realize this yourself, you're retarded and should probably drop out of college if you're attending one (which I assume you are if you're taking ritalin).
>>
>>8453431
This is what I assumed, but I wanted an exact answer. I don't usually fuck around with pill manufacturing.
>>
>>8453417
this
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.