[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biotech vs IT vs anythingreally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Which major is best if I love biology and have the brains for IT or math
>>
>brains
>love biology
Pick one
>>
File: Major guide.png (28KB, 429x608px) Image search: [Google]
Major guide.png
28KB, 429x608px
>>8452579
>>
>>8452629
MatSci should be "cant choose between physics and chemistry". I've barley been able to play with clay since i started my bachelors :^(
>>
>>8452579

If you love biology go for biology.
>>
>>8452579

Biology is one of the whoriest degrees you can get.

The advancements made in that field where made by clerics, merchants, physics, chemists, mathematicians, physicians and lastly some naturalist and botanics.

Just see one of the classical symbol of biology: A microscope, what does it have to do with biology? Yes you use it to see microorganisms, but could a biologist really understant a microscope or how to do it? No, he relies in people who know physics and optics to do the advancements for him because he relies on the toys other people give him.

Even most colorants you would use in preparations were made by chemists, and they have the Erlenmeyer as a symbol.

So you see, if you study biology you are entering into a multidisicplinary enviroment where you can even get your shitty opinions into humanities(sociobiology for example), so the only thing that matters is your aproach to biology.

You want math? Biology is full of people that around high schoold said "lol, I'm too le dumb for math LMAO" and when they find out that biology is like 50% statistics(the other 50% is chemistry) they drop out, you want physics? Prepare for the same thing but in biological physiology where I have seen people too stupid to even apply the simples formulas in fluid mechanics, you want to apply CS? Bioinformatics is a booming sector(although expect more math than anything else here).

You can even get into biology for biochemistry or organic chemistry and still find your place.

JUst think that being "jack of all trades, master of none" comes with a price; you better be really good, for example; there was only one position for biology students in the organic chemistry department so guess how hard competition was since we were like 400.

Is very easy to become and underachiever in biology, so just don't do that, only the strong survive here.
>>
>>8452579
bioinformatics
>>
>>8452734
>you want to apply CS? Bioinformatics is a booming sector(although expect more math than anything else here).

Not OP but I'm very happy to hear that, I'm starting an internship in a lab researching melanoma (just finishing up the data clearance process)

Might as well ask in this thread about any master's / doctorate programs in bioinformatics that I should look at. Any country is fine.
>>
>>8452935
This
And Biotech degrees are red hot right now, jobs won't be an issue. Also fun fact: Biology majors can make $30/h right out of the gates if they become a park ranger.
>>
>>8452579
Kill yourself /pol/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.