[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Experiencing the 4th dimension is like seeing the universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1350313629_973.jpg (38KB, 400x451px) Image search: [Google]
1350313629_973.jpg
38KB, 400x451px
>Experiencing the 4th dimension is like seeing the universe from inside an infinite spinning tube, the rotation speed of which is governed by stimuli such as light and sound and which is infinitely kept in rotation by energy which ceases to take shape of physical things and instead is what can only be described as a liquid flow.
>Just a theory.
Moving this thread from /b/ because of goatfuckers.
Original thread
>>>/b/710229032

tl:dr we're discussing the essence of time and the fourth dimension.
Anons have brought up living in simulations, gravitational waves, multiverse, and biocentrism as arguments
>>
woah dude, show this shit to joe rogan that blows my mind
>>
>>8450925
Also quantum mechanics suggesting 21 dimensions and perception were brought up
>>
>>8450928
Why do you say that?
>>
>>8450925
No the fourth dimension is like a cube that has an extra spatial property of it that is impossible to imagine.

LENGTH
WIDTH
HEIGHT
?????

That is wht the fourth dimension you fucking retard not time, time is not even a dimension its just an abstract property of reality itself retard.

Dimensions are apart of the abstract concept of SPACE and we know the other guy is TIME.

Thus time is not a dimension.
>>
>>8450950
I never said it was. I personally don't believe it is, but there are theories that make sense.
Our existence is kind of like a movie reel with infinite fps. We look like giant worms from birth to grave
Or, the 4th dimension can be represented by time on a 3d graph.

>The fact that our universe is not alone is supported by data received from the Planck space telescope. Using the data, scientists created the most accurate map of the microwave background, the so-called cosmic microwave background radiation, which has remained since the inception of our universe. They also found that the universe has a lot of anomalies represented by black holes and extensive gaps.

This argument has been used to support higher spatial dimensions or other universes

But again, the fourth dimension hasn't been proven either way.
>>
>>8450925

>spinning

There can't be movement if you're treating time as a fourth dimension. Each object and each moment of each object in time would have a location on the 4D grid and everything from the beginning of time to the end of time would just be a single motionless shape.
>>
>>8450995
>posts a b tier reply
Fuck off if you're not going to contribute
>>
>>8450972
I wasn't the original op, I'm pretty sure he imagined the 4th dimension as spatial though
>>
This shit truly appeared in physics , fyi.
It is called minovski space. And yes, time was considered as the 4th spatial dimension, in Minovski space.
The tube you are built in that actually a cone, which nothing can escape, even light ( actually the speed of light makes the border of the cones ) It is called light cones.
>>
>>8450925
1. Time doesn't exist
2. In a universe with 4 spatial dimensions, organisms would evolve 3D retinas.
>>
>>8451019
At it's core, time is the "force" which cause and effect require to be. It's nature is known only to the experiencing observer and can only be separated from space in abstract conceptions, such as the one you mentioned where everything happens at once. Time is nonexistent to an observer because it all begins just as it ends.

Everything might have already happened and our minds are the agents of the universe created to justify it's existence. It might be that The Universe is, has, and always will be but consciousness is the pin on the map showing where it currently is.

Also, just because our universe has 3 dimensions, it doesn't mean that's all that's possible.
>>
>>8450925
Woah dude Joe Rogan DMT ACID OMFG WE ARE ALL ONE. LE CONSCIOUSNESS WE ARE UNIVERSE

>btw I really hope your children die at birth, you are the type of retards that do some drug then when their retarded synapses finally manage to fire once in a lifetime they experience it as if they just became a genius then download and post first picture on google on /sci/ cuz they are now smart LEL
>>
>>8451024

>It might be that The Universe is, has, and always will be but consciousness is the pin on the map showing where it currently is.

Consciousness doesn't move in 4D spacetime. Nothing moves in 4D spacetime. If you still have movement you've defeated the purpose of having time treated as a fourth dimension. Consciousness is distributed throughout each moment in spacetime like everything else. There is no privileged / real now. Every moment's now is equally valid. Everyone at every time believes their now is the current now. It's the time equivalent to how every planet will look like the center of the universe from the perspective of those standing on it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.