[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a psychologist-administered IQ test score of 127, yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I have a psychologist-administered IQ test score of 127, yet I've spent the past five hours failing to come up with an algorithm which generates all the permutations of a given string. I've given up coming up with an elegant solution and have been doing God-knows-what -- I'm at the point where I've been trying to create usable methods for a class which manipulates a depth-mapping between elements of the string so I can choose my permutations based on how 'deep' each element is in relation to the others. This is proving unhelpful.

Why can't I figure out this problem? What the hell is wrong with me?
>>
pls help
>>
>>8450772
>What the hell is wrong with me?
False positive buddy, there's nothing left to do.
>>
...so I'm not a programmer...
I don't know what class and methods means but..
Why isn't this just a sort algorithm? Brute force.
Since it is a permutation, you don't have to worry about redundancy or efficiency.
>>
>>8450817
what

>>8450820
I've got an algorithm in front of me on a piece of paper, it's just too involved for me to encapsulate it into a series of steps.
>>
>>8450833

Which is why I am not a programmer...

Look. They say the only thing that makes humans successful biologically in this environment is that we can sweat. We therefore could, as a group, simply run down our prey until it died of heat exhaustion. This let us get more energy and grow big brains..

But aside from the sweat and the big brains we also developed something other animals simply don't have: Attention span, and its cousin, perseverance.

We can sit for hours puzzling something out.

Walk away from it for awhile. Get a refreshment.

And get back to work. Bird by Bird. Line by line.

Or go to Github and copy and paste....
>>
>>8450772
>i need external praise and justification to feel vindicated in my intelligence, as long as it doesn't involve solving any real problems that put my so-called "intelligence" to the test

you have a fear of failure and it's seriously holding you back. get help.
>>
>>8450772
Are you a retard?

Permutations, as in all possible strings of that length from every letter/number?

So your program needs to have 36 possible outcomes assuming only letters and numbers. Of length n.

I would use a tree with 36 nodes, all stored in an array. Each item in the array is a letter from a to z then 0 to 9. Each time you search the tree from the root, each layer adds a letter onto the word.

Make a recursive function which iterates through layer by layer, starting at the bottom.

An IQ doesn't make you everything.

t. 145 IQ
>>
This is an attempt at a subtle boast, the "Why can't I figure this out? What the hell is wrong with me" part gave it away. You fire off with your, admittedly, impressive IQ, then proceed to detail the problem you're faced with, and the complexities preventing you from solving it, both of which would give even the smartest of men trouble. Surely, with an intelligence like yours, you wouldn't genuinely believe something is wrong with you because you are unable to solve a problem as difficult as that. Unless you fancy yourself as having the mental capabilities of Reed Richards, you wouldn't ask such a blatant question like you did. You would humbly reassess your predicament, and patiently grind through it to completion. I advise you to go to /b/ if you're so desperate to have someone reaffirm you of how smart you are, or, at least, try harder the next time you make a thread dedicated to your ego. I find the low-quality a bit insulting, to be frank
>>
>>8450874
Close enough. This is primarily an attempt at preserving the notion that I am in fact a smart person, despite this evidence that I am not quite so smart as I am having difficulty solving what I believe should be a very simple problem.

>>8450849
You might be right -- but to be honest I have never understood what is meant by 'fear of failure'. I have always had a vague notion that I am not afraid of failure, though the fact that 'fear of failure' makes so little sense to me suggests it might be of more significance than I consider it.
>>
>>8450852
Wow I'm not sure why I never considered that, thanks.
>>
File: tired pepe.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tired pepe.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>8450772
>I have a psychologist-administered IQ test score of 127,
>>
>>8450885
Points for honesty. With that, I'm confident that you will find the solution you seek. Nothing easy comes easy. What started as me bashing you for seeking reassurance has lead to me attempting to reassure you, how ironic. Regardless; persevere my friend, godspeed
>>
>>8450833
>what
Well, you were so kind to point out you were tested with an IQ of 127, which is very relevant to the discussion at hand.
I have a psychologist-administered IQ test of 98, which means I am not all too smart but my common sense is much stronger (says my common sense).

Anyway, I conclude that you must not have an IQ of 127 if you cannot do this: a false positive. That is what you was implying (my common sense attitude tells me that).

Good luck with your problem. I know it must be hard to not be all that intelligent as your test pointed out, but also lack common sense (which my common sense tells me you lack).
>>
Itt autism
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.