[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It really is true what people say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maf.png (70KB, 832x515px) Image search: [Google]
maf.png
70KB, 832x515px
cal3 is a joke, I'm kind of annoyed. they honestly could have condensed all of this into two courses instead of three
>>
i think it is OK. leaves more space to discuss series and some analysis topics in first year. still, it's fucking boring to take.
>>
that was the 4th class we had :(
1) Differentiation
2) Integration
3) Series and Sequences
4) Multidimensional integration
>>
>>8450097
that series makes way more sense than splitting integration in half and cramming it into 1 and 2.
>>8450052
just wait to try and wrap your head around stokes' theorem.
>>
>>8450099
Couldn't agree more. And series seems kind of non-sequitir when it's just stuffed into a couple weeks of calc II. It's important enough to deserve its own course.
>>
>>8450123
it kind of was at my school. standard calc sequence was followed by advanced calc (analysis in R, series out the ASS), then your standard Rudin level course
>>
>>8450052
>cal3 is a joke, I'm kind of annoyed. they honestly could have condensed all of this into two courses instead of three
In Europe they do put them into two course, at least at my uni.
>>
>>8450277
in europe everyone learns faster because they don't have all the bullshit "core" classes that americans have to do
>>
>>8450307
Indeed... or they drop out. Lol
>>
>>8450052
I did calc in two courses at my college.
>>
>>8450052
What's the point of learning all this stuff if it can be easily calculated? Engineering is a joke. In my CS math courses I barely enconter any numbers. Its all proofs.
>>
File: Capture.png (117KB, 848x585px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
117KB, 848x585px
>Feel when calc 3 professor doesn't know about \iint and \iiint
>>
>>8450099
What's so complicated about Stoke's theorem. Just know if your boundary curve is positive. Finding the normal should be easy and the rest is calc 2 math.
>>
>>8450052
My uni did it this way:
1: analysis and series
2. multidimensional analysis
3. linear algebra
4. complex analysis + LP and Fourier
>>
>>8451018
Duly anticipate the day you dont get hired because you cant do anything useful
>>
>>8450052
>american have courses where all they do is calculation
literally wtf
>>
>>8451092
http://mathinsight.org/stokes_theorem_idea
It's not that it's complicated, it's that there are small subtleties at play that can lead you astray in a larger problem. Once you have a feel for them, great, but getting there can be frustrating.
>>
>>8450277
Yeah, usually calc3 in Europe is LP, Fourier and PDE
>>
>>8451092

Because your solid (let's call you open subset a solid " can have some angles, countable non differentiable points or more frightening : non countable non differentiable points. Do you understand why the proof is so hard ?

You must use manifolds and geometric differential to prove it.
>>
>>8450277
Russian here. Can confirm. Differential and integral calculi were in the second semester.
>>
All I've learned is that American education is a meme
>>
>>8451878
Really makes you think
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.