[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you motivate yourself to work your ass off for another day?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-09-23-175718_605x358_scrot.png (208KB, 605x358px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-23-175718_605x358_scrot.png
208KB, 605x358px
How do you motivate yourself to work your ass off for another day?
>>
Every time i work i fap and then i feel better for work simple...
>>
I have long term goals that I use a motivation to overcome my short-term bursts of laziness
>>
>>8449093
Do you just think about the long term goals and that's enough to get you started? I have long term goals too but it's so easy to say "i still have time, i'll start in an hour/day/week"
>>
>>8449066
Having a family that actually cares about you motivates you more than just about anything. This is why successful guys who thank their wives and children for "the support" is a thing, even if they didn't actively help and were just a good family.
>>
>>8449127
^^This^^
Only thing that keeps me going.
>>
>>8449066
I actually love my job.
>>
My girlfriend, I can't understand why I love her so much to stay on the run
>>
>>8449095
>>8449093
It's discipline you double niggers.
>>
>>8449275
How do you self discipline
>>
>>8449203
>not even your wife or the mother of your children
just superficial high equity prostitution. must be fulfilling
>>
>>8449320
>implying wife/kids isn't an even worse investment with substantially higher risk
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 628x353px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 628x353px
>>8449313
Just force yourself to work/study when you need to. There isn't really a trick to it, besides considering long term vs short term consequences. Would you rather start the project now and have a higher chance of getting an A later, or cram at the last minute and have rushed, sloppy work?

Strangle your inner bitch.
>>
>>8449340
reproduction is the only objective purpose of human life
>>
I don't
I can't
I fail again
>>
>>8449066
I do nothing then cram 3 days before each exam. My motivation is being able to do nothing again after the exam.
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 194x154px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 194x154px
>>8449351
>objective
>purpose
I bet you're serious.
>>
>>8449342
>How do I X?
>You just X.
Thanks man.
>>
>>8449313
There isn't any trick. You just have to do it. Consider the future instead of the present. And if that doesn't work then wait a couple of years, because the older you get the less the present matters
3deep
>>
>>8449351
6/10
Come to my office hours after class for help!
>>
>>8449127
>>8449175
>only reason I haven't killed myself is because it would hurt my mom's feelings
>try to pull motivation out of my ass
I wish there was a drug for this
>>
>>8449859
>I'm upset someone isn't telling me there's a way to make difficult things easy and simple, why do I need to work hard?
>>
>>8449342
Bottom step: "What would learning this do for me?"
>>
Anybody would like to start some kind of group to support each other on our quest to discipline ourselves and what not?
>>
I don't know whether you mean work, study, research, personal affairs, or self improvement.

If it has to be done and I don't want to do it I just guilt trip myself until the anxiety forces my hand. Or I down a few beers and either stop caring and put it off longer or stop caring about what made me not want to do it in the first place and get it done.

If it's something I want to do then there is nothing that will stop me from not doing it, even if it's a fruitless endeavor.

If it doesn't need to be done and I don't want to do it then there's no need to bother. The ends don't justify the means if it means there's no end.

To me it sounds like you're doing something you don't want to do for a utilitarian reason. If that's the case, don't. There's greener pastures elsewhere. You can make a living doing something you enjoy and you, your loved ones, ad the world will be better off because of it. Unless it's like human trafficking or something.

If you are doing what you love but you have to invest a shit-ton of time into it before you love it then just accept that and get some hobbies besides communing on Laotian embroidery exhibits. Or just become an alcoholic like me and most normal people.
>>
>>8449351
No, it's just as meaningless as anything else humans do
>>
i don't even care if i live or die
how do i make myself care?
>>
>>8449066
Find the reason you're doing it.
I fucking despise merely going to the bus because people, but because of my goal, I'll not give up.
Work your ass off for the purpose of being useful to society and get money for example.
And just reward self on the weekends, it's whatever. Snacks and sweets in consideration won't fuck your dopamine et.c
>>
>>8451814
Watch anime
>>
>>8449066
I work for myself
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.