[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Study Habits/Procrastination Threada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1477372957001.jpg (123KB, 831x639px) Image search: [Google]
1477372957001.jpg
123KB, 831x639px
Whether for school or personal enlightenment, share your study regimens with me.

For example, I procrastinate to a degree where I've had to do another year at university after dropping out of my classes because I was afraid to sit down and focus on the subjects until it was too late.

t. idiot
>>
read some study books like "study smarter, not harder". It is an easy book and has a lot of really good stuff.

Scheduling and stuff is good, also sometimes you just have to use willpower. I know it sometimes feels like magic when you suddenly out of nowhere decide to work on something, but you can force it sometimes too.
>>
I have done a good job at keeping my shit together so far. On year three of an earth science and math program with a 3.7 GPA.

Study regimen includes long, disproportionate amounts of time dedicated to one subject or course. Usually, I'll dedicate around three continuous hours to as many subjects as I can per day. Example: math exercises for three hours, paleontology reading and essays for three hours. General education courses usually get one hour per week.

It gets ridiculous on weekends, though. Usually same regimen but in 5+ hour stretches. In some cases, 12 hour stretches if I have a large paper due on Monday. I work slowly and procrastinate often. And those stretches are usually littered with distractions.
>>
'Do not strike when the iron is hot, make it hot by striking'

I've obsessed over study optimization. Read all the Tim Ferriss bullshit. Tried nearly every nootropic.

The only thing that works is good habits. And the only way to create good habits is will power.

You just have to power through that initial 2 weeks or so of habit setting. Once it gets burned in its actually quite easy.
>>
>>8448758
I'm fairly amazing at procrastination. Just started uni after 3 years out of school and I'm slowly working into being able to work consistently now. Atm I end up alternating between not studying and crazy 6am to 23pm study sessions. So far it's kinda working. Also I currently live 120km away from my uni, so I only really go there for exams, which ironically helps me since I always think I'm behind everyone else. But Yeh, just sit down and study. If you can do it once, the next time becomes easier.
>>
>>8448814
how much math and physics is there in earth science ? Does the math complement it?

My friend did a semester of earth science and he would always say it was "just rocks and shit", i didn't really get an answer.

Do you have any books that you would recommend about the topic?
>>
>>8448758
Step 1: be born with all the mathematical knowledge of the past
Step 2: drop out of your phd program because your advisor is not even impressed

His name was Banach
>>
>>8448758
What a cute kitty

I'm pretty distractable, so I have to be in complete control of my surroundings in order to focus properly. Which is unfortunate because my sister likes to have guests over at our apartment frequently and it drives me insane
>>
>>8448758
Just like with eating it's about analyzing long-term instead of changing short-term. Did something wrong? Make a sustainable long-term decision, understand that a correct system doesn't yield this things (like a desire to overeat in case of food) so something is wrong. Understand that some things you just can't heal in an hour if they went wrong for a week.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.