[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most /sci/ related game, and why is it Minecraft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: computer.jpg (197KB, 1023x528px) Image search: [Google]
computer.jpg
197KB, 1023x528px
What is the most /sci/ related game, and why is it Minecraft?
>>
>>8447296
There's a bunch of /sci/ games

I like simple shit like 2048 and Sudoku since i don't want to look like a kid
>>
>>8447296
I chose minecraft due to the fact that you can literally build giant sorting machines and simple computers using logic gates and redstone.
>>
I ought to go back an finish my Minecraft computer one of these days.
>>
The most /sci/ related games are mental games, ranging from thought experiments to observational games to pure autism.

I like to imagine sidewalk tile edges and building edges extending infinitely, and I try avoiding stepping on such lines, or step with the arch of my foot over the lines (this rule lets me conceal such autistic behavior). It gets more fun with angled sidewalk tiles and building walls.
>>
File: kerbal_space_program.png (764KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kerbal_space_program.png
764KB, 1920x1080px
>>8438482
>>
Garry's Mod
>>
Factorio is somewhat of a /sci/. Mostly along the lines of network optimisation
>>
>>8447302
Why not just build your own simple computers out of actual logic gates and other real components? 7400 series ICs are cheap, it'll take less time to build, you will learn a lot more, and the knowledge can be of practical use to you.

There is literally no reason to be using an autism simulator to design digital logic circuits when you can do the same thing in real life with real components even if you have little to no knowledge of electronics and are on a burger flipper's salary.
>>
>>8447393
Some of us prefer playing w/ICs. Some ppl just need the scorekeeping thing for a motivator.
>>
>>8447296
>autismcraft
seems about right.
>>
>>8447296
No this is:
http://www.zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/
>>
File: dindunuffin.jpg (82KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
dindunuffin.jpg
82KB, 768x960px
the most /sci/ related game is minecraft because it shares the same autism levels and 12 year old kids
>>
Kerbal Space Program, most of Zachtronics output, The Powder Toy (although this one is not much of an actual game)
>>
>>8447296
I really should kick you in the balls for this, but I'm just glad you didn't post fucking spacechem
>>
>>8447296
I won't say Minecraft in itself is /sci/
But there are many mods that add high level physics and chemistry into the game.

Kerbal, Factorio, Gmod, Physics&Logic Sandboxs, etc
>>
stellaris perhaps
>>
>>8447296
Don't you think minecraft is a little closer to /g/?
>>
>>8447385
This. Gmod is the most /sci/ game ever made.
It's not just puzzle solving like Zachtronics or limited like KSP, but pure engineering where you come up with problems on your own and then solve them.

Also: >>8438482
>>
>>8447302
And how many devices like that have you built yourself?
>>
>>8449167
Not him, but buy me FPGA and I would do much more than just sorting machines.
>>
>>8449367
I meant in minecraft, dumbass.
>>
>>8447393
Building circuits this large IRL doesn't teach you much more than doing them in minecraft. However they requires much more time and money.
Building in minecraft can be pretty fast if you use creative and world edits.

>>8449372
I thought you meant how many of these devices he build IRL.
I built 16x16 screen with <1s latency and driver for line memory(arbitrary amount of repeaters in loop) that allows queuing reads and writes.
I didn't played with redstone that much though. I prefer OpenComputers where I made IP stack + routers.
>>
>>8447385
hell yes, this game literally directed me to my future career
Expression 2 was the first language I learned, I started CP1 in highschool the following year
>>
>>8447385
for real we should have a /sci/ server on Gmod and make fighting robots, that would be a blast
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.