[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Med General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
All Doctors, Med students, Pre-med and Prospective med students welcome.

Even others who wish to drop by are welcome

Would like to discuss how other med students are doing and perhaps get insight from doctors of what shit we're getting ourselves into.

I'm gunning for Emergency Medicine, red pill me pls, thanks.
>>
MD-PhD student here, on first year of my break. I was hoping to have a few less stressful years after the crazy amount of work I had to put to get here, so far my hopes haven't been panning out, but I'm just starting.

>>8444542
As for Emergency Medicine, I don't know what country you live in and how it is like there, but in my country it's extremely stressful. You always have things to worry about, never having real free time, always running around, pretty harsh on your personal life. A lot of people like it for the adrenaline rush, but I have no idea how you can survive doing that for a long time, there's probably a lot of burnout.
>>
I'm in my final year of a chemistry degree and am considering going into medicine after, anyone gone from chemistry to medicine here? How was the transition?
>>
How can a Physics degree help with getting into medical school?
>>
>>8445149
Same

Looks good if you're interested in radiology
>>
>>8444542
>>8444757
>>8444831
>>8445149
>>8445176

Chemistry PhD student here. Kindly remove your sorry, snotty fucking corpses from my department. I hate all of you.
>>
>>8445239
Someone sounds salty
>>
>>8445149
Your undergraduate degree doesnt matter at all.
>>
>>8445239
Must be a Halophile.

>tfw your a sad chemfag studying a sort of dying industry of life science PhD.

Why not take up chemical engineering I hear it pays decent chemfag and you'll still get to enjoy learning chemistry if that's your passion.
>>
File: 1471373131004.jpg (128KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471373131004.jpg
128KB, 900x900px
>>8445239
Someone sounds mad that MDs are still able to do all the research they want if they choose to go down that route while making bank, having prestige, a beautiful wife, automatic respect

stay mad!
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What have I got? Is it related to hand foot mouth siesiese which I had two years ago ?
>>
TFW no placement after completion of MBBS

I guess I will work as a phlebotomist for a year while I do some research to bump up my CV.
>>
>>8444831
>>8445149
Don't go into medicine. The social prestige and the money aren't worth it.
>>
I'm on my second year and haven't written any papers. As I live in Brazil, I know that up to 10% of the residence grade is reserved for extracurricular work, according to each institution's rules. Redpill me on how important scientific production is to my career; should I bother with it, since I can enter residence w\o it (I know that for a fact). My primary interest is medical practice, and I want to specialize in Cardiothoracic or Oncologic (head\neck) Surgery.
>>
Yo so I just ate an heroic amount of datura seeds.

What do?
>>
>>8445474
Enjoy the trip
>>
>>8445401
>when an MD does research

http://www.nature.com/news/retraction-record-rocks-community-1.11434
>>
Any other foreign Med Student? Mexican Med Student here.

>inb4 Are you taking the steps?
>>
>>8445427
why
>>
>>8445525
Extreme willingness to serve and help others is a much more sustainable motivation
>>
>>8444542
FUCK PREMEDS
>>
>>8445480
>>8445239
I am one year into my PhD (as an MD-PhD) and have 2 publications in top impact journals (15+ impact factor). Keep up the jelly
>>
>>8445485
Israel here, thinking about taking USMLE step 1 soon, but I'm not sure how many years it's valid for
>>
>>8445829
If you're gunning for Neurosurgery or Urology, you're fucked. Don't think there's an IMG that got a place in those specialties.
>>
>>8445455
Anything written in med-school doesn't matter much. Scientific production may be important depending on what you are planning on doing, if you want to advance in a hospital environment (Chief Physician, etc.) you will need to do some research in most hospitals, but there's no point unless it's research directly related to your specialization, so you can do it during your residency and later.
>>
>>8445831
Not planning on residency in the states, only fellowship. I have great hospitals in my country.
(So I also don't need to do step 3)
>>
>>8445835
>>8445831
Also, I have absolutely no interest in anything surgical.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.