[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a dream a few days ago, and it was probably the coolest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Martian Visitor.png (36KB, 2966x1730px) Image search: [Google]
Martian Visitor.png
36KB, 2966x1730px
I had a dream a few days ago, and it was probably the coolest dream I've ever had in my life.
Quick backstory, I have somewhat of a fear of large objects, or more specifically, the thought of how small I am in comparison to large objects (Skyscrapers, mountains, etc.) I visited NYC for my senior trip, and was very startled by all the skyscrapers there. I'm not afraid in a sudden, sharp bolt of fear thru my body sort of way, more of an overwhelming feeling. This fear has, oddly enough, makes me fascinated by the scale and size of planets and distances within our solar system and universe.
In my dream, I was in the backseat of a sedan with two or three other people, I didn’t know who they were, I couldn't tell, this part of my dream was foggy, I felt comfortable with them, and I was wrapped in a blanket. We were travelling down a secluded road in the night sky, with no light pollution when all of the sudden I looked up, and there it was, f*cking MARS right next to the moon! Now normally, irl, I'd sh*t my pants, but in the dream, I couldn't even be afraid, I was too fascinated by what I saw.
Mars was so close to us, that I could clearly make out the ice caps, Valles Marineris, and most of the surface scarring. Mind you, it was very odd to be in this blurry dream state in the car, then look up and see this image of Mars plain as day and to see all of its features in such detail.
Funny part is: It wasn't hurling towards us at a super-fast rate or anything like in a nightmare, it just hung in the sky from my perspective, however, it was apparent to me that it was heading towards us, and was going to crash into the Earth. I knew this in my gut, and I made a passing remark to the passengers in the car: "Huh, hope that isn't heading towards us." Even though I knew it was, then I pretended that it was no big deal, and looked back into the car, somehow thinking if I didn't acknowledge it, things would be fine, and the Earth would be saved. End dream. Cont . .
>>
I can't draw worth a damn and I couldn't even draw a car to save my life, so I just made stick figures to simulate the conversation I had with the passengers. Obviously, they are not to scale. What IS to scale however, is the size and location of Mars in my dream next to The Moon.

I do have some question for you smart space doctors out there if you would answer them please:

1.) If Mars appeared this size in the sky, how far away would it be from Earth? From the Moon?
2.) Would Mars be attracted to the moon and collide with it? Or would it collide with Earth?
3.) Could it be possible for Mars to just orbit the Earth or the Moon and not crash into it?
4.) Is a situation in which Mars gets this close even theoretically possible? If so, what event would cause this to happen?
5.) If Mars were to be this close to Earth, would it cause any differences in weather patterns/ocean tides? The moon affects the Earth's tides, so surly Mars would too at this distance, right?
>>
Shameless bump, posted this on multiple websites and have to know
>>
Sorry OP, I have no answers for you.
But I have questions that have to do with what you think:

What is the probability of a fugitive planet enter in our solar system? What is the probability of collision with our planet?
Should I be concerned about this?
>>
>>8445250

I don't know, bit since you asked my opinion, I'd say that the probability of a rogue planet entering our solar system is extraordinarily low, much below 1% if I had to put a number on it, and by extension an even lower chance of one colliding into our planet.
>>
>>8445250
Almost anything that ever would have fucked up Earth got sucked into Jupiter millennia before it could enter a hazardous orbit. Only a handful of reltatively small objects like the dinosaur killing meteor escaped its grasp. It's quite literally the reason we're alive.

Jupiter truly is our greatest ally.
>>
>>8445346
>>8445336
So we should not fear or worry about a fugitive planet?
>>
>>8445388

I would not worry about it. Why, are you working with Xenu to crash a rogue planet into the Earth? Also, if anyone has any answers for the initial post, that'd be great.
>>
>>8443749
My knowledge of physics is too limited to be able to help answer your questions. Intuitively, I'm sure there is a theoretical scenario where it could happen, although it seems unlikely that this would not affect other planets as well.

If nobody gives you satisfactory answers on here, I would say send it to Randall Munroe at http://what-if.xkcd.com/ and you might get some slightly better illustrations of your dream
>>
>>8445408
No, not with Xenu.

It was just a question, that had only entered me curious (and a bit of concern) to know if this could be possible and if yes it is, to know what was the probability.

But my question now is:
Do I have to be concerned about this?
>>
I had a dream several years ago so serene and blissful that every moment in my life since and before it pales in comparison.
Should I seek help?
>>
>>8445446

Are you serious? And if so what was the dream?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.