[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

watch this nigga struggle with the epsilon-delta definition of a limit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: this is really hard.png (667KB, 1270x652px) Image search: [Google]
this is really hard.png
667KB, 1270x652px
watch this nigga struggle with the epsilon-delta definition of a limit
>>
forgot to link my meme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4eAyn-oK4M
>>
File: 1467183648954.jpg (49KB, 662x625px) Image search: [Google]
1467183648954.jpg
49KB, 662x625px
You forgot to mention that it was for a sequence of reals, not even for a general metric space.

Fucking brainlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>8443031

Lets see you do better brain let.
>>
>>8443029
The only reason why you think he's struggling is because you don't understand what he's saying due to your small brain
>>
File: P2d99E.jpg (64KB, 680x513px) Image search: [Google]
P2d99E.jpg
64KB, 680x513px
>>8443031
The way he says "one" makes me laugh every time.
>>
>>8444867
He says he doesn't know what does that mean to prove that for every epsilon there is N such that following condition is met and thinks we have to check uncountably many cases
>>
>>8445684
>uncountably many cases
You mean infinitely many cases?

I don't think it's that simple.
At the end he looks at the special case of only rational numbers involved and still does "proofs by induction", I think
>>
>>8445715
If something's uncountable then it's also infinite m8.
Every fucking high school student knows how to find n in terms of epsilon, even wildberger mentions it, but why does he object proving general case
>>
>>8445778
what is countable infinity then?
>>
Delta epsilon def works also for rationals, sequenced are defined as functions from N to X, where X is usually Q, R or C
>>
>>8445781
It's something that's both countable and infinite, are you fucking retarded? Naturals and reals are both infinite, but first are countable and latter uncountable
>>
I watched the first few of his foundations of mathematics videos and they were honestly pretty interesting. He definitely has some good ideas of how to first teach kids about numbers.
But then I got to the video where he claims that if a number is too big to write down easily, we shouldn't claim to be able to say anything about it and I just couldn't go on. The man is a kook. I could only take his handwaving about how concrete concepts with real world analogies are superior to abstract, more general, concepts for so long.
He's got a talk coming about 'how big number theory resolves the Goldbach conjecture' and I'm 90% sure it's just going to be 'lol they're too big who cares XDD'. Should be fun to watch. It's livestreaming on YouTube in ~9 days:
https://youtu.be/Lme-uNPrry8
>>
How can he say about infinite sequences (or poly number on-sequences if you prefer to use terminology for retards) if infinity doesn't exist? How can he say something about n tending to infinity if there's no such thing as infinity, that there are only finitely many naturals, presumably 10^200 as he claimed.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.