[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simulation theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: matrix.jpg (103KB, 560x301px) Image search: [Google]
matrix.jpg
103KB, 560x301px
It makes too much sense to not be true.
>>
>>8442785
i feel this way about string theory, except there's no evidence so i'm not stupid enough to admit that to anyone.
>>
This the most naive theory one can believe.
Some say they have seen ghosts?
>its bug lol
Déjà vu?
>le glitch in the matrix
You can 'explain' everything while not explaining anything.
>>
>>8442785
yes, totally agree... and there are way too many presents around christmas for santa not being real. and even more, there are coins *and* teeth... coincidence?
>>
It's like religion for kids who watched too much matrix
>>
It really does make a lot of sense, though.

Let's hear some refutation, not just trash talk?
>>
>>8442785
It's a bit too escapist in my opinion, and shouldn't there be some microscopic evidence of this? Apart from the existence of sunglasses, that is.

(How many finite universes of would it take to simulate a single universe anyway? Do information processing limitations exist on the universe?)
>>
so does the axiom of choice
>>
What's your argument? Bostrom's probabilistic one? I'm not a statistician or a philosopher but I'm not sure that the sort of probabilities he talks about are actually definable. Also, while it doesn't disprove anything he's said, the fact that he listens so earnestly to fucking Yudkowsky makes me automatically skeptical of his arguments
>>
File: c3ra44657c-f2.gif (31KB, 566x282px) Image search: [Google]
c3ra44657c-f2.gif
31KB, 566x282px
Is it a simulation, or a dream? They're kinda the same thing. Only difference is one runs on hardware and the other runs on wetware.
If it is a dream, what does that say about our dreams when we sleep at night?
>>
File: 2015-01-28-HPspacepic.jpg (829KB, 1600x1190px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-28-HPspacepic.jpg
829KB, 1600x1190px
>>8442785

>this technology is inevitable
>making such simulations is inevitable
"I don't accept either of these propositions"
> : |
> >:(
>>
>>8442785
We have already had this thread multiple times faggot, why don't you do something better with your life? It's people like you that are making this website shittier and if you would just stop being a reposting faggot, then I wouldn't have a problem with you, but nope, of course you had to continue posting bullshit that adds absolutely nothing to the discussion. Seriously, why don't you consider just leaving this website and go back to fucking reddit, at least there they are stupid enough that they won't realize that something is a repost, but reposting here has to fucking stop. Maybe one day when you get this message through your fucking thick skull, you will realize that your and your actions are in the wrong and you will finally stop being a faggot, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Long story short, fuck off reposting faggot.
>>
>>8444354
>make claim
>its true until someone refutes it
>science is easy
>>
>>8446495
thanks for the copypasta
>>
There are lots of factors about the universe make the simulation theory impossible, so no.

/thread
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.