[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(DON'T) WAKE ME UP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Chronic insomnia has no cure
Modern medicine can address only short term insomnia

No cure
>>
You could try sleep deprivation cycles and enjoy some efficient poly-phasic sleep.
There is guided relaxation for sleeping.
There's a multitude of ways to force sleep.
There's a lot of accurate research about how various diets affect sleep.

What exactly are you saying OP? Other than you're a meme spewing faggot? I want to help you, as sleep is a bit of my forte, but I need you to stop being a faggot and talk to me first.

Side note, there's no cure for insomnia like there's no cure for obesity.
>>
>>8442374
>I want to help you, as sleep is a bit of my forte
Oh, cool, are you a sleep researcher? I did some sleep research in my undergrad and it was pretty neat.
>>
There is a fix, not a cure.
>>
wake me up inside

there are various ways to deal with insomnia. but how willing are you to change your habits and keep trying after you fail?
>>
File: tmp_5835-images1202534226.jpg (5KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5835-images1202534226.jpg
5KB, 194x259px
>>8442374
At least my faggotry draw your attention

I wake in the middle of the night multiple times, can't sleep more than 3 hours continuosly, this is going on for more than a year now
Already done exercise, sleep hygiene
Tried sleeping pill but as I understand the pills are indicated for short term insonnia and can't be taken more than one month
What I'm supposed to do?
>>
>>8442520
>>8442520
have you tried not staring at screens a couple of hours before sleep?
>>
>>8442528
Yes like 6 hours + screen filters and warm lightbulbs in rooms
>>
File: Fure'scabin.jpg (378KB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
Fure'scabin.jpg
378KB, 1280x857px
Go live in the woods for a month. Don't take any electronics.

Also book this cabin in Katmai for 4 nights.
>>
>>8442539
try going longer periods. try it for a whole week.

how is no sleep affecting you? does it mess up your everyday life?
>>
>>8442520
When you say wake up, there's many reasons, I'll start with the most neutral and natural reasons.

I'm sure you've heard of sleep cycles, yes?
Your body goes through various stages of sleep, dipping down to theta/delta then coming all the way back up. Each consecutive cycle is generally more efficient at this than the last. Cycles are anywhere from 60 - 90 minutes in a healthy college student ( most of study uses college students like lab rats, unless otherwise specified, assume I'm referring to college students)

Everyone "wakes up" in between cycles. Subjects usually need more than 30 seconds of consciousness to remember waking up.

So why are you remembering?
What are you doing when you wake up? If it's something at all, it takes time for the brain to increase activity to consciously complete a task (physical or mental), then additional time to decrease activity.

This increase in activity correlates really well with inefficient subsequent sleep cycles.

Had anyone ever told you to not check your watch at night? This is why.

In that topic, do you have a reliable alarm that you trust?
Subjects who "don't need an alarm" to wake up actually wake up 5, 6, in and some cases 10+ times prior to the time they want to wake up. Do they remember? Not always. Do they measurably suffer? Yes. (Not to be confused with just waking up whenever you naturally wake up. I.e. You know how much sleep you need, so you go to bed at x time knowing you'll wake up within r time.)
>>
>>8442294
There's also that genetic condition, I forget the name, where at some point you just stop being able to sleep, and you keep being awake until you die.

Pretty fucking scary, huh?
>>
This brings about the question: What is interfering with your sleep quality?

Do you drink caffeine? (I will not advocate you stop drinking caffeine, that's not necessary, just looking for a complete picture)
What and when do you eat? More detail towards the end of your waking hours.
What noise is present during your sleeping hours?
What emotions do you experience around bed time?
>>
>>8442598
No because patients who with that aren't dying from lack of sleep, dying from hormones released as they go insane. There's a man who clung to basically snake oil with such conviction it had saved him from insanity for 54 years.

We've found no real reason or mechanism from the substance he used to aid in not sleeping. It's been written off as placebo until new information arises.
>>
>>8442604
Not being able to sleep is still the central point of the condition, the fact that they don't die from lack of sleep specifically doesn't make the fact that they'll be awake for every minute of the ordeal any less frightening.
>>
I'm so sorry if you got to be guinea pig for some of our shenanigans.
Sleep is understood enough it's no longer beneficial to just watch people sleep, now we're fucking with hormones and "muh brainwaves". I should feel like more of an ass hole for some things I've done, suggested even.
>>
File: tmp_5835-freestyle-2-1107107919.png (183KB, 550x688px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5835-freestyle-2-1107107919.png
183KB, 550x688px
>>8442590
Yes I check the clock, nice advice will try not doing that tonight
I use an alarm and go to bed at regular hours
>>8442601
Caffeine: no
Eat: 2pm 9pm
Noise: no
Emotions: no problem in fact I fall asleep easy the problem is I wake up
>>
>>8442598
Fatal familiar insomnia. It's an extremely rare prion disease.
>>
>>8442628
Assuming no other issues, you're literally fine. Increasing sleep quality will shorten waking moments back down to normal levels where you don't remember again.

Then your sleep will be more efficient, and then you can better figure quantity you need so you aren't sleeping away your weekends or whenever your free time is.
>>
>>8442665
>Increasing sleep quality
How?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.