[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Form of Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Most of us see time as an eternal river, constantly flowing, doesn't it bug everyone that we have such a concrete, decided view of such a strange and undecipherable topic? What if the many-world interpretation was a truth? As the major hoax from John Titor said back in 2000, no paradoxes can occur, and we wouldn't be aware of time-travelers. Let's gather our thoughts. Mine are simple, and will be developed if asked: -Time isn't a unique river, rather an infinity of parallel rivers all flowing in the same direction. All dimensions in the multiverse. If we were to travel through time to change something, I believe that the line we arrived in wouldn't be altered, rather that the "current" time as we would refer to it would shift to another parallel world.
>>
Yea I watched Steins;Gate too
>>
Sure, Steins;Gate is a huge inspiration. But don't you think this is a topic worth talking about?
>>
>>8439045
The many world interpretation is entirely speculation, and is often used as excuses for why people are shit. "don't worry anon, in some other univers you are actually successful and happy!" <-- fuck these guys

To put it simply... Time is a lake. There is no direction of flow, and save for enthropy, it works in any direction. Backwards, forwards, sideways, direction does not matter, only destination.

Did any of you see the end of interstellar? spoiler alert:
The protagonist enters a black-hole and tranceds into the 4th dimension. His motion in space is now motion through space-time and he is able to traverse and endless number of "frames" to reality. Much the same, a lake of photographs in order form left to right is what time is like, it just looks like it is moving because we see change, because we are temporal, because we are mortal.

If we were 4th dimensional beings, time would be another dimension of space we could walk across...
>>
>>8439094
Interesting reply.

As much of speculation as it is, what we know of the sub-space composition of our universe is -ALWAYS- speculation. As much as the many worlds interpretation.

Seeing time as a lake would explain some things. It does sound like a good theory.

Your view is as possible as my view. I'm just here to share my opinion with others, who will always have equally plausible things to say, since, after all, we can never prove anything about time. At least not now.
>>
>we have such a concrete, decided view of such a strange and undecipherable topic

Speak for yourself. Read Einstein's Relativity.
>>
>stein's gate
>>>/a/
>>
>>8439106

I have. Good read.

Now, now. Einstein was an unbeatable genius, and he still is, to this day, unbeatable. He was the founding father of modern physics.

So far I've seen one person here actually contributing.

I think the fact Time can be pictured as a simple "4th dimension" is very interesting, and very plausible. Movement on such a new plane of existence is quite the thought.

>>8439110

I didn't bring this thread up to talk about Steins;Gate.
>>
>>8439113
>quite the thought
>really makes you think

And you're criticizing me for failing to "actually contribute"?

All jabbing aside, what do you feel is missing from Einstein's theory of time? And what is the motivation for this "many worlds" business?
>>
>>8439113
>movement on a new plane of existence
have you been frozen in time for all your life leading up to this? hate to break it to you but this site is 18+.
Also, are you high?
>>
desu there's no reason time shouldn't flow backwards. If every single particle reversed it's trajectory right now time would essentially flow backwards. There's no reason to think that the direction in which we experience time is the real way it should be flowing.
>>
Could a human survive in the 4th dimension? Could a human move throughout time free and without worry?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.