[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you people manage to study 6+ hours a day?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Singularité.gif (1022KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Singularité.gif
1022KB, 500x500px
How do you even keep the focus?

How do you support the lack of sleep?

And don't tell me you can function with 5 hours a day. Nobody will work with a 5 hour night of sleep as well as a 9 hour long night of sleep.
>>
>>8438513
I don't.

I just take the path of least action in every aspect of life just like a photon does.

t. assistant scientist at a corporate R&D facility making a comfy $75k a year
>>
>>8438513
>http://www.din.today/prof-c-k-raju-decolonizing-mathematics-leads-to-better-mathematics/

fear of not getting into a good phd program
>>
All my classes end by 3 and start by 9. So i dont study 6 hours, but 4 hours is completely managable.
>>
>>8438513
I only ever did school work for more than 6 hours on rare occasions. I did it for my crypto final, and for large cs projects.

And really, I don't see how 6+ hours of studying = lack of sleep. You're in college, so you not in classes for more than 3-4 hours a day average. If you sleep for a full 8 hours, than still leaves 12 hours to work with. If you spend a couple hours eating, and a couple working out / watching tv / unwinding, you should still have a solid 6 to study (even though I don't think that is necessary)
>>
studying is for brainlets
>>
>>8438513

It's a stamina thing. Do cardio.
>>
>>8438513
>How do you even keep the focus?
>How do you support the lack of sleep?
You don't, you just suffer miserably during college years.
The human brain can stay very focused at maximum of 1h30min, I personally even that I love what I do, sometimes I just get out of the class and walk a little bit or use phone... And do the rest at home
>>
>>8438539
Actually, med students easily have 8-9 hoursof college a day, and study 6-7 hours outside of uni.
>>
>>8438550

That's med school. I'm not that other guy but that other guy was very clearly referring to a generic undergrad program.
>>
>>8438556
I think anon was talking about chem/bio labs, which take up 3 more hours per day you have them, not including prelabs

You'll probs have one 2-3 days out of the week every semester. And that's just freshman sophomore shit, don't get me started on histology/anatomy labs
>>
>>8438513
What are you talking about? Tons of people work 8 hours a day right. Studying is full time, supposed to be around 40 hours a week as well. Even if you put in, say 50 hours a week, that obviously won't interfere with sleeping or anything.
The only people who put in more time are those who find legitimate joy in their study, as if they're playing vidya or something.
>>
>>8438513
I like what I am studying so I want to study. It's the only thing that interests me anymore so I like spending time doing it.
>>
>>8438603
No one cares about your autism, most people like me just want a simple way to get through the boring shit to get a good paying degree.
>>
Whenever I feel like I need a break, I just start doing homework from a different class. Change it up. Helps.
>>
>>8438513
That boat has sailed for me two years ago,now i can barely focus 20 minutes at a time if even that.
Remember kids not to take anything on the internet as a truth,6h of sleep is not enough.
>>
>>8438616
This works for me too. Procastinate productively
>>
>>8438626
>Remember kids not to take anything on the internet as a truth,6h of sleep is not enough.

God fucking damn. To anyone who reads this, listen to this guy.

Noody on this planet has ever functionned the same with 6 hours of sleep, or 10

The 4 hours you'd win by studying instead of sleeping are shit. You're better off sleeping early, getting up early.

Circadian rhythm isn't some bullshit you can bypass.
>>
>>8438607
Finding joy in your work is how you become a scientist.
What board do you think this is?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.