[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to prove that light is a constant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Is there any way to prove that light is a constant?
>>
no, it varies a lot.
>>
>>8437908
how so?
>>
>>8437918
it decreases when the sun sets, for one
>>
>>8437902

Light is not constant dumbass. C is the speed of light in a vacuum. It's the default speed that information can travel in the universe.
>>
>>8437941
I guess you didn't understand my question. I'm asking what were the factors that determine special relitivity. How can we know for sure that it is constant in a vacuum over all distances. Not a science guy, just asking.
>>
>>8437972
Well, we can't "know for sure", that's why we test it as much as we can. There are many physical processes that we can check remotely that are dependent on physical constants such as c. So far, we haven't seen anything concerning.
>>
>>8437972
>you didn't understand my question
>[becoz so poorly stated]
>Not a science guy
yes indeed understood
>>
>>8437972

I didn't understand your question because it's retarded. Although, your "rephrased" question is even more retarded. Just google whatever the fuck Einstein did rather than asking us.
>>
When you do experiments you see that the speed of light is constant in all reference frames
Everything else follows from that, but c being constant is an empirical observation
Read up on the michelson Morley experiment :)
>>
>>8437976
80% of matter is spooky "dark matter" that can't be detected by anything other than gravity
95% of energy is "dark energy"
>So far, we haven't seen anything concerning.
Woot?
>>
>>8437902
Here is the description of the experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelson%E2%80%93Morley_experiment
>>
>>8437972
It's always the same when we measure it, even in different moving reference frames.
>>
>>8438141
>>8437972
>brainlets detected
>>
>>8437902
Well the light is not a fucking constant
not even is its speed
it varies with the riemanian geometrical aspects of the fields it crosses
>>
File: IMG_3495.jpg (69KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3495.jpg
69KB, 567x561px
>>8438707
Explain pls. Also my professor says that if you're in an accelerated rocket for example the speed of light is different of c. How can this be possible?
>>
>>8438737
Sure it's all about Ricci curvature. The curvature modulates the absolute value of the speed of light, and of the very nature of light - which can be seen as information as well in relativity - not only wave or even particule. So if the variety is 2 times derivable and log-continuous, which is what happens when you are in an quasiapproximate tensorial hamiltonian space as when you travel in a rocket for instance.
>>
>>8438755
Thanks m8.
>>
>>8438791
Don't thank me too quickly. I may have made a mistake. The schwarz-lemaƮtre-riemanian clause implies the non-conformity of higher derivatives - when they exist, because the second law of thermodynamics tell us that light is working like a "information pump" : is pumping information from where it can find it, and this amount is proportionnaly bigger with the Ricci curvature of the Minkowski quadrispace.
>>
>>8438149

>whatever the fuck Einstein did

This guy came up with Black Holes to explain away a loophole in his general relativity equations.

This disturbed him so much the very thought they could exist kept him up at night.

Mother Nature is a spooky bitch sometimes
>>
>>8438896
>the very thought they could exist kept him up at night
and the night little einstein invented H bomb, he slept like a baby
>yeah Nature is fucked up
>I mean Human nature
>>
>>8438855
Ok thanks for the correction.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.