[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TIME TRAVELLING BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: _80912281_153781677[1].jpg (60KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
_80912281_153781677[1].jpg
60KB, 1024x576px
If time traveling was possible we'd already have been visited by time travelers from the future
>>
>>8437078
>ayy lmaos are highly evolved humans from million years into the future

Checkmate pleb
>>
>>8437078
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

/Thread.
>>
>>8437087
How likely is it that time travelling is possible if we haven't received any visitors from the future? Highly unlikely
>>
>>8437091
Are you that retarded?
>>
>>8437141
No, are you? Or just too much of a positivist to accept probable syllogisms?
>>
if we go by multiverse theory it could be that any time someone from the future returns to the past they alter the timeline at the point they reenter and break off into another dimension, which means that anyone in our timeline's future who goes back in time disappears forever into another timeline
>>
>>8437078
what if you can only travel forward in time?
>>
>>8437150
this seems likely to me, with our current understanding of physics you could in theory go in a big circle near lightspeed for a few years and jump forward a few millenia of earth time
>>
>>8437087
If time travel were ever possible, it would make time infinite as we could travel back in time repeatedly (and not finite, regarding the death of the sun and/or universe).

If time is then infinite, there would be an infinite number of time travellers, and it would be stupid to think no time travellers would not travel back to some time in recorded history.

No such time travellers have made themselves known (given an infinite number of them, and hence an infinite number of possibilities to 'out' themselves - someone would eventually).

Therefore, time travel will *never* be possible.
>>
>>8437157
I sortof take issue with this logic, like, I've always questioned the logic of 'all realities exist in the multiverse thus and therefore somewhere in the multiverse my waifu is real'. Infinity always gets us into a quasi-subjective realm, but I contend that infinite trials with infinite possibilities doesn't guarantee the success of every possibility. Like how if I put 99 red marbles in a bag and 1 blue marble and drew a marble 100 times there's no guarantee that I'll draw the blue one. Even if I draw 1000 times there's still no guarantee although it's more likely.
So if we say that in our universe sentient life forms every x years and 1 in y manages to invent time travel before dying out, and successfully uses it an average of n times then we can say there's one time traveler every xy/n years. So if hypothetically the whole lifetime of the universe is 10xy/n years then a time traveler should appear on average every 10 years somewhere in the universe.
So my argument is that by the logic that some infinities are greater than others, in theory the ratio of time travelers to years should remain the same given infinite time.
>>
>>8437157
You're just guessing shit out of your ass. We could perfectly have time travelers here and now, and they may very well be altering reality.

What makes you think you know all there is to be known? Just because *you* are not aware, you generalize and say nothing exists. Untrue.

The government may know and keep it a secret.

Time travellers could be locked up in psychiatric hospitals like Bruce Willis' character in 12 monkeys.

Fuck you, you're absolutely wrong, full of shit, and you can't sustain your fabrications.
>>
>>8437157
Who is to say time traveling doesn't have its own rules in which you can and can't do something? Who is to say if you revealed yourself as a time traveler in anyway you would get erased from the time stream?

Who is to say time travel hasn't happened, but because the time traveler came back in time, they changed the present and we got two diverging timelines?

Where we are the original time in which the time traveler didn't come back and made a show. And another timeline where the time traveler came back?
>>
>>8437078
Gratz fucking tard. You made into internet.
Now learn how to lurk and wait for another kid to say the same thing in 2 days.
>>
>>8437622
prove him wrong
>>
>>8437639
>make4changreatagain
You ruined this place
>>
Maybe we have been visited by time travelers from the future
>>
>what are ayylmaos
>what is rosswelt
look up project camelot interviews.
>>
>>8437078
What if you can only go forward in time from the time when time travel is discovered? What if there's no way to go back in time?
>>
>>8437145
There is zero evidence to support that time traveling exist; however, that doesn't mean that it isn't possible.

There's an almost infinite amount of possibilities why we "haven't been visited by time travelers."

People tried to make some of the same correlations whenever people thought the Earth was at the center of everything.
>>
>>8437921
>There's an almost infinite amount of possibilities why we "haven't been visited by time travelers."
No, there aren't.

>People tried to make some of the same correlations whenever people thought the Earth was at the center of everything.
Argumentum ad Copernicus
>>
>>8437078
I travelled through time this mornin', woke up at 7:05 AM, and made it to the train by 7:15 AM. Fuckin' rules of physics were bent.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.