[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are flies self-aware? Do they have thoughts? What would be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Fly.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fly.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
Are flies self-aware? Do they have thoughts?

What would be the 'thought process' of a fly in its daily life?

Do they think "That's a pile of faeces. I am now going to land on it and lay eggs in it", or do they just do it out of impulse?
>>
Yes and no. They are not self aware and don't think in the way that you mean since they do not think critically mostly just assess situations. They do feel and they do think but it's mostly tools for survival unlike us humans.
>>
File: curtov (3).png (250KB, 361x457px) Image search: [Google]
curtov (3).png
250KB, 361x457px
>>8434576
insects dont have brians so they go and do it with no thought like a machine ..
>>
>>8434587
image so good you had to save it 3 times?
>>
File: Fly brain.jpg (811KB, 2726x3438px) Image search: [Google]
Fly brain.jpg
811KB, 2726x3438px
>>8434587
>insects don't have brains
>>
>>8434594
It doesnt fit the definition of brian, its just a collection of neurotrasmitters and nuerons, it cant think like a high level creature such as a dog or a parrot could (pic related)
>>
>>8434576
I have better question
If they felt just as much as humans would anyone actually give a single fuck?
>>
>>8434638
Yes, because then people would stop squashing them. You wouldn't squash a dog, would you?

>>8434632
Isn't that what a large percentage of the human brain is too?
>>
>>8434643
no, a human brain has memory and thought unlike bugs [no memory, no thinking]
>>
>>8434649
U sure bugs have no memory ? Bees don't have memory ?
>>
>>8434649

Not him wasp have facial recognition.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/11/111202-wasps-people-faces-recognition-insects-science-animals/

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/02/wasps-employ-facial-recognition-defend-nests

Which means they do at least have memory.
>>
File: tMRTrHeg.jpg (28KB, 728x971px) Image search: [Google]
tMRTrHeg.jpg
28KB, 728x971px
>>8434657
>>8434658
as i said, no thought. bee can see the egg but it doesnt go for it? why? i cant think so i wouldnt tell myself to do it, then even if i have memory alas iw ouldnt have the brain to go - "facial recognition" haha
>>
>>8434643
>You wouldn't squash a dog, would you?
Nah
But I totally would kill a fly
>>
I believe animals are conscious the same way we are, but consciousness comes in different amounts. So the brain of a fly is like a tiny piece of a human brain, it uses the same process but isn't big enough to handle more than basic thought, so yeah everything it does is pretty much by impulse.
>>
>>8434674
Belief on a science board? wew lad
>>
It's literally a bag of chemicals responding to stimuli.
You fucking autists need to stop with this shit, very few animals are self-aware.
This is why vegans are idiots.
It's ethically immoral to kill a Dolphin or an Elephant because it has a distinct sense of self.
Cows don't.
>>
What about dogs?>>8435938
>>
>>8435979
What do YOU think, you big lummox?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.