[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

freshman in college here, bio major I-I think Im in love with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: a85085095a93074523f346a3eb7a05b2.jpg (70KB, 1631x1571px) Image search: [Google]
a85085095a93074523f346a3eb7a05b2.jpg
70KB, 1631x1571px
freshman in college here, bio major

I-I think Im in love with chemistry. It just seems so interesting and beautiful.

>tfw first time feeling this passionate about a non - liberal arts subject
feelsgoodman

btw: what do you guys think about the one-electron Universe idea?
>>
>>8433641
>I-I think Im in love
>It just seems so interesting and beautiful.

Make sure you actually love science, not pictures of clouds on Facebook.

>>>/ifuckinlovescience.com/
>>
You might love chemistry now, but wait until it gets math heavy. Math you havent trained for.

None of us here love science, we just enjoy it.
>>
Popsci. One electron universe? No fucking way. It defies the laws of thermodynamics.
>>
>>8433653
What kind of math is involved with which kind of chemistry? Not hating, I just didn't know chemistry involved higher level math.
>>
>>8433649
>>8433653
lol you guys are weird
>>
>>8433653
>None of us here love science, we just enjoy it.
> not loving the subject you dedicate your life to.
At least science only abuses me when I deserve it.
>>
>>8433665
Thermodynamics and Organic Chemistry. Mostly algebra and simple integrals, but you have to remember so many equations and ways to manipulate the integrals that it becomes a real challenge. I mean real challenge. Calculus 2 was easier for me to pass than Chemistry 2 or thermo 1.
>>
>>8433671
I'm not looking forward to taking Thermodynamics. I've gotten a general view of it from an algebra-based physics course and I still don't completely understand it.
>>
>>8433665
at least one course in quantum mechanics is standard in chemistry
>>
>>8433671
Orgo is not math intensive
>>
>>8433695
I know, thermo is math heavy.
>>
We'll see how much you like it when you get to org Chem, the most autistic of the physical sciences
>>
>>8433758
>orgo
>autistic
stay delusional, brainletto
>>
>>8433786
I got As in all 3 quarters, I just hated it. Reactions and synthesis were neat but mechanisms were just trash. Taking biochem now, it's harder but I enjoy it a lot more
>>
>>8433799
>all
>3
>quarters
Am i missing something? Shouldnt there be 4 quarters?
>>
Currently doing a degree in pharmaceutical science, wishing with each day I chose chemistry instead.
>>
Reaction mechanism in O-chem are killing me dude. I understand the mechanisms themselves, but I just can't figure out what mechanisms to use for a problem.
>>
>>8433858
Just gotta revise each and every electrophile that you've used in your examples
>>
File: animeme.jpg (70KB, 960x633px) Image search: [Google]
animeme.jpg
70KB, 960x633px
>>8433641
ive failed O-chem 5 times
>>
>>8433803
Summer is optional in many UCs
>>
>>8433641
>I-I think Im in love with chemistry. It just seems so interesting and beautiful.
It is.

Have a nanotech infographic. I got a hardon for MatSci after doing 3 years of biochem, and now I'm trying to do graduate work in nanotech systems.
>>
>>8433799
Biggest problem with orgo imo is memorizing
>>
people who say Organic is all memorization are just bio-shitters crying
>>
>>8433799
>Biochem
>Hard
Gonna have to disagree with ya there brotato chip. Gotta be the easiest senior level course I've had so far, but god damn it's a pile of rote memorization.
>>
>>8433897
Exactly, the mechanisms ruined the class for me despite reactions/synth being cool. Biochem is great because there is no memorization bullshit

t. 4th Microbiology major
>>
>>8433929
We are advised not to memorize in our biochem classes, and it doesn't really help. The class is very practical based, our last midterm was mostly calculating pI of peptides, tandem MS graph analysis and gel analysis
>>
>>8433935
I am mad jelly. My prof is very much a fan of pandering to biofags. His questions were oriented towards things involving biological structure and relating them to medical issues. 80% of the class LOVE that way of teaching it, because they are all a bunch of premed faggots.
>>
>>8433938
We have two biochem series, one for bio majors and one for Chem

I'm in the bio, they advise against memorizing
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.