[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "Transgenderism" considered a birth defect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 1476941055174.png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
1476941055174.png
279KB, 898x790px
Is "Transgenderism" considered a birth defect?
>>
>>8432109
Brain defects are a social construct
>>
yes, the shit is so ridiculous. Have you ever seen a normal transgender person? They act weird af and somehow are convinced to let everyone know about their trans life. In my opinion, they are crazy.
>>
>>8432112
>yes, the shit is so ridiculous. Have you ever seen a normal /pol/fag? They act weird af and somehow are convinced to let everyone know about their being from /pol/. In my opinion, they are crazy.
>>
In my experience they need all this drama because without it they'd have to face the reality that they are actually pretty boring and uninteresting people.
>>
>>8432112
fuck off faggot
>>
>>8432109
Actual, non-meme, scientific answer: no, it is not.
>>
>>8432109
Yes, except by the people who have it of course
>>
>>8432109
It's a disease and a very nasty one for the patient and everyone else around xir.
>>
>>8432109
No.
>>
>>8432109
>http://www.diseasesdatabase.com/relationship.asp?glngUserChoice=28811&bytRel=0&blnBW=0&strBB=RL&blnClassSort=0
>ctrl+f "Transgenderism"
>0 of 0
No OP, no it isn't
>>
I would say yes considering the condition of "ambiguous genitalia" at birth, or "intersex" people. People who are born biologically normal and identify as something else though doesn't seem to be a physiological birth defect, just a neurological wiring that's different from the norm. Might have something to do with epigenetic inheritance w.r.t. endocrine function, but it's poorly studied.
>>
>>8432134
>What is bait?
>>
It's perfectly healthy senpai :^)

>http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957
>>
File: 1471438659041.png (294KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1471438659041.png
294KB, 1000x1000px
>>8432125
Tranny spotted
>>
Why have lefties been so brainwashed that they think transgenderism isn't a mental illness?
>>
File: 1472511575612.jpg (157KB, 640x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472511575612.jpg
157KB, 640x768px
>>8432109
Transgenderism is a subtle form of mental retardation that is covered up as being kosher and normal just like homosexuality and ADHD.
>>
Actually it is, Gender dysphoria or gender identity disorder as it is classified as in ICD 10.
Code number F64.9, F64.8
Those are the codes look it up
>>
http://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Codes/F01-F99/F60-F69/F64-/F64.1
>>
>>8432112
I have a transgender cousin who is totally normal apart from wanting to be addressed as a boy
>>
>>8432109
I wish I could filter post by images
>>
>>8432133
>>
>>8433052
DSM is more political than medical. Expect it to be removed in a new version, just as many other mental defects were declared 'normal'.
>>
Here's a better question, is gender dysphoria inherited or acquired?

my speculation is about 30% inherited and 70% acquired
>>
>>8434642
Based on.. Anything?
>>
>>8434646
for one there seem to be a lot more transgender people around now that it's becoming culturally accepted

>but anon that's because they were afraid to come out of the closet before
is it? gay people existed before they were accepted, yet transsexuals were unheard of before like the 60s
>>
>>8433044
ADHD is not considered normal...
>>
>>8433093
You can though, right? That's why I got 4chan X.
>>
>>8434634
1: ICD 10 not Dsm
2: It is newest version
3: Why i would agree with you mental disorders are a tricky business, As of now it is a disorder and classification of it as otherwise would be intellectually dishonest.
>>
>>8432109
More of a mental disorder.
>>
>>8434673
>trannies didn't exist before 1960s
You can't be this retarded.... can you?
>>
>>8434673
>yet transsexuals were unheard of before like the 60s

How do people like this even manage to get past /b/
>>
>>8432109
As far as gay and transgender people go, there are two possibilities:
>It's a choice
>It's how they were born, aka a defect
Since most go with the latter option, I'll say that yes, it is a defect. It's a choice in some cases, although you would probably need a mental disorder to be a big enough attention whore to change gender (*cough* Jenner).
>>
>>8434796
>>8434762
Not him, but while there have been very uncommon cases throughout history of females adopting male roles and vise-versa (more often than not because they were born with ambiguous genitals and whoever attended the birth was legit confused about their gender), to say that they existed in numbers (or drew as much attention) as they do today is folly.
>>
File: IMG_3986.gif (2KB, 350x167px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3986.gif
2KB, 350x167px
>>8434809
WOW it's amazing what can happen when the world population growth looks like this
>>
>>8434813
can liberals ever make a real statement without sarcasm?
>>
>>8434813
It's proportional, fuckwit, of course it wasn't stated explicitly in the comment, but you could use your brain for a second and stop being paranoid about everything being /pol/ and understand implicit meaning.
These older transexuals usually went to one of the genders to the other, and adapted to their role in society. Are you telling me that population growth alone accounts for the ever increasing number of people describing themselves as non-binary and other such terms?
>>
>>8432109
It's literally called gender identity disorder. A disorder. Fortunately, a very managable disorder, society just need to let them do their crazy things.
>>
>>8434824
Can /pol/ even step outside their board without getting BTFO?
>>
>>8434673
I cant believe the retardation..
>>
>>8434835
I was merely giving one reason as to why there are more trans people around.
Nice try with the insults. What's your source on the proportion increasing?
>>
>>8434874
I only insulted because you got sarcastic, which is insulting in it's own right. If you want to have a civil conversation I'm up for it.
As of the sources, any that I can give you that support either your hypothesis or mine will be anecdotal. Studies on the prevalence of transsexualism differ on orders of magnitude (such as http://www.jaimieveale.com/publications/prevalence.pdf and https://tgmentalhealth.com/2010/03/31/the-prevalence-of-transgenderism), the population of transsexuals is not properly studied yet.
However, I will say that every newer study shows that higher and higher proportions of them show up (If you want a large number number of these studies just check the Wikipedia article, it has a decently sized compendium, don't believe their "most cited" comment, though.). This could hint at an increase in transsexual population these past few years.
>>
>>8434874
nice attempt at dodging the question. How come 'non-binary' was only brought up in the last decade if it always existed?
>>
>>8434898
Nice sources dude. I wonder if you can really classify more passport holders identifying as trans as a product of a proportional increase in trans people or proportional increase in out of the close to trans people.
>>
I really hope eugenics takes off in a big way.
>>
>>8434901
You're basically oversimplifying your own refutation because you don't seem to understand the answer to the question "Why do words change/gain meaning?". Regardless, I've already bitten so I'll explain. There is more acceptance of these kinds of people, they're getting better treatments and the general knowledge that they exist is now floating around.
>>
>>8434912
As I said, literally every study on the population of transsexuals is badly done.
You want more sources on transsexualism clinics? Fine, here you go.
http://www.gires.org.uk/assets/Medpro-Assets/GenderVarianceUK-report.pdf
http://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(16)00133-8/abstract
http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/Prevalence/Reports/Prevalence%20of%20Transsexualism.pdf
These are all about the faulty methods used to calculate transsexual populations. You can read them if you want, or just dismiss them, I am unsure if you are interested on reading why social scientists can't do statistics.
btw, first source actually reported a rise on British transsexuals, 18% or so I believe, so thanks man, I found some better evidence than I had before, thank you for pushing me for more sources!
>>
File: IMG_3936.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3936.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
>>8434924
Congrats. Hopefully in the coming years people will stop going into the closet in the first place and we can start running huge studies on their psychology.
>>
>>8434932
Or better yet, people will actually get a good definition of transsexualism.
If you've read the articles, the main problem with transsexualism studies is that nobody can't agree on what transsexualism actually means, so you have people that describe it as gender disphoria, people that describe it as just "feeling" as the other gender, etc.
Really, the biggest problem the social sciences face is that they can't define shit.
>>
>>8434935
Times are so hard already and it's only gonna get harder. We've got to go deep into the quantum level of brain structure before we can start defining this psych shit rigorously.
>>
>>8434944
You don't need that level of depth for a decent definition, really. I mean, medicine has properly defined terms that work and they are much more abstract than "muh quantum" shit. Maybe it's because people treat medicine seriously given how getting shit wrong with it means people will die.
>>
>>8434673
>implying transgenderism is a recent phenomena and not present in history for millenias
>>
>>8432111
social constructs are made by the brain
>>
>>8432112
That's because people like to tend to put other people who meet certain criteria in boxes and apply ALL the criteria of that box back to these people.

>oh you're a scientist
>so you are unable to speak to normal people and have a beard and be crazy and have that Einstein hairdo

>oh so you think capitalism may be the best working system out there?
>you must be some fat neocon monopoly mascotte, lighting his cigar with a hundred dollar bill in flames

>oh so you're transgen
>you must be a flaming homosexual with depression, unable to get orgasms, going to parties where people wear colorful giant dildo's
>>
>>8432188
Control F gender dysphoria.
>>
>>8434745

....nor is homosexuality
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.