[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your resumes. Give pointers etc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 13

File: resume critique.png (31KB, 472x591px) Image search: [Google]
resume critique.png
31KB, 472x591px
Post your resumes. Give pointers etc
>>
>activities from high school on resume
>posting conferences attended
>resume not written in LaTeX for someone that's in a STEM field and should know better
really nigga
>>
>>8430126
>work experience at the end
ghastly

>3.132 GPA
errrfff

>all that black space
huwurrrrrrr......huwurrrrr.....
>>
>>8430126
>society of women engineers

into the trash it goes
>>
>>8430160
>>8430150
>>8430135
Y'all are posting in a troll thread.
>>
>>8430126
holy shit this is bad
>>
>>8430189
Shhh. Let's... let's just watch for a bit.
>>
>listing that terrible gpa on your CV
>listing your CC on your CV
>>
Memes aside and with the understanding that this was 100% likely posted as a troll, I admire this woman's persistence. I mean she clearly isn't just phoning it in at least she's trying. I would give her an interview because I admire her spunk.
>>
What do you put on your CV if you haven't done anything while an undergrad? I'm in my senior year and the only things I've done that may be noteworthy, was modelling a water distribution system and designing a constant mach number turn for end of term projects.
Is it customary to put stuff like this in your CV or does it have to be something physical you've built?
>>
[math] \mathfrak{Ayo\ where\ my\ niggas\ at?\ LaTeX\ 4\ lyfe} [/math]
>>
File: chess_piece_white_knight_T.png (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
chess_piece_white_knight_T.png
15KB, 500x500px
>>8430217
>'mirin spunk
Speaking of which....
>>
>>8430224
Funnily enough, applying for an internship.
>>
>>8430224
>im in my senior year and havent done even one internship or held a single job
Theres your mistake nigga.
>>
>>8430229
We do internships in our final year over here.
>>
>>8430225
whoa how'd you do that
>>
>>8430236

\mathfrak{}
>>
>>8430225
[math]A^{y^{y^{y}^{y}}}}}[/math]
>>
>>8430224
>he had no lab rat job
>he had no side project
>he did no external internship
>he didn't even work as a waiter to show he isn't a complete failure as a worker
You fucking failure, take your term projects and blow them out of proportion
>>
>>8430267
Fuck...at least I have a 3.3 GPA.
>>
>>8430274
... that's not particularly impressive either.
>>
>>8430280
The average is 2.9 in our department...
>>
>>8430283
So? Do you think the recruiter knows this? Or cares? Start doing something for your resume right now
>>
>>8430126
>woman's engineering society
Into le trash xD
>>
>>8430126
Get rid of activities list, almost no one cares about any awards you got in highschool or college no matter unless they specifically apply to the job you are seeking.

Education fist is good, get rid of your GPA if they want to know they will ask, that includes your credits too. All it does is clutter your resume.

Activities and skills should be a list of no more than 5-6 things and it willl last on your page.

Use stronger action verbs to describe what your responsibilities in your previous work experience, no one cares what your title was, but rather what you did specifically.

Unless they ask for an objective also ditch that. Write a full cover letter if you're serious, not an empty one liner.
>>
>>8430126
>have the sudden urge to post resumes of the people who try to get a job at my business.
>but don't want to somehow mess up shit and get them doxxed or me traced and sued

It'd probably be funny to post the ones that don't get a job.
>>
File: alimao.jpg (135KB, 901x895px) Image search: [Google]
alimao.jpg
135KB, 901x895px
>>8430258
>>
>>8430606
If anything all your activities should be your main discussion in a cover letter, not listed in an unorganized fashion.

Put all dates aligned right so your employer can see them clearly.

Use this to describe activities in your previous jobs:
http://career.opcd.wfu.edu/files/2011/05/Action-Verbs-for-Resumes.pdf

Every single bullet point under your previous jobs should include at least one of these words.
>>
>>8430619
>activities should be your main discussion in a cover letter
u fucking wot m8
>>
>>8430619
>doing the resume dance instead of actually relying on your merit

That is as bad as getting on your knees and sucking their cock.
>>
>>8430627
And how they relate to the job you want to apply for? Have you written a cover letter before?

And i specifically meant those not necessary on your resume, because there is an uneccesary fuckton on ops resume.

The average employer scans your resume in less than 1 minute. Put the important shit in front and easy to read, not cluttered.
>>
>CV not written in LaTeX

Disgusting.
>>
>>8430627
Genuinely all i get from OPs activities section is that she signed up for or paid for memberships in a bunch of different things. It says almost nothing about her ability to do the work beyond she took the time to sign up or pay for memberships, which is just about worthless.
>>
File: resume.jpg (367KB, 916x1155px) Image search: [Google]
resume.jpg
367KB, 916x1155px
Found this on a /biz/ resume thread a while back and saved it. About 100% sure it's Purdue nuke guy's resume. Hope he fixed the typo.
>>
>>8430632
I take that back even some employers take less than 10 seconds to read your resume. So putting only the most pertinent information is necessary, otherwise it will be lost in a sea of clutter and never be read.
>>
>>8430649
I get that, I think I just took "activities" to mean like hobbies, which doesn't make sense to talk about in a cover letter, or a resume. I just woke up from a nap, I'm not all there yet.
>>
Do you guys put panels that you've been a part of on your CV? I have my first coming up, and I want to include it, but I'm not sure if it's something people generally list.
>>
The only thing on your resume should be your most recent and relevant work experience (don't put work experience if you just graduated and your work experience is as a burger flipper - they don't give a fuck), the degree you hold and from what institution, a mission statement (not more than 5 sentences), and possibly one to three research projects that highlights your skills (include a very brief summary with a hyperlink to the full paper/abstract). You can also include any professional licenses you hold under a skills section.

A resume should absolutely NEVER be more than one page. Cover letters should be omitted (they're a thing of the past). The employer is looking to skim your resume briefly and get a full synopsis of your professional experience in under 2 minutes reading time. They'll be able to get more info during the interview.

If you're really ambitious look up the best font, etc to use. There is an idea that certain text fonts "hook" the reader and make them more interested, layouts subconsciously improve their opinion of you, etc.
>>
>>8430656
Mmm, i agree that activities are like hobbies. And employers dont care about hobbies unless you can directly relate it to the job you are applying for. Going to a conference or meeting about a topic says absolutely nothing about your ability to do a job. Listing it wont suffice, you need to describe specifically how it applies and how it influenced you, hence works better to include some in the cover letter vs resume, granted there should be some activities or skills on your resume.

>>8430667
Panels, again i would recommend discussing in your cover letter. Depends on what kind of panel, and what you decided or discussed. But id side with being able to describe it rather than list it. Someone reading your resume will only care if they have heard of the panel or place it was held, most wont, so it doesnt say much unless you describe it.
>>
>>8430683
> is as a burger flipper

I wholeheartedly disagree. If you worked as a burger flipper for 1 month, omit it. If you worked for many years it shows a hell of a lot about your work ethic and ability to commit many hours to a single task. Give it one bullet point and move on but you should always include any work experience you have had if you worked for a year or more at the same job even if it is unrelated to what you are applying for.
>>
>>8430683
Otherwise great advice.
>>
>>8430126
Also a CV is substantially different from a resume. And i am no in engineering, but would guess that in general engineering jobs are looking more for CVs and less for Resumes.
>>
File: 1471404242242.png (6KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
1471404242242.png
6KB, 377x330px
>Have a full time job lined up after graduation
>Don't have to worry about updating resume anymore

feels good man
>>
>>8430699
No. CVs are pretty much only for academics and proper research positions. Engineers should stick to a 1 page resume unless they're PhD and applying to a research position or something.
>>
>>8430703
>cavalier as fuck
life doesn't always work out the way you plan m8
>>
>>8430703
>not applying just in case
You wouldn't be the first person to have an offer rescinded.
>>
>>8430258
A^{y^{y^{y}^{y}}}}}
>>
>>8430126
Hmmm. No relevant work experience, middling GPA...
>Society of Women Engineers
You're hired.
>>
>>8430718
>You're hired.

Thissery.
>>
>>8430126
>LOOK AT ME I AM A FEMINIST LOOK AT ME
>dat shitty ass objective
>work experience and skills hidden away at the bottom, made as short as possible

Jesus, this might actually work at some companies. I am not sure I would want to have that kind of job though.
>>
The objective is your sales pitch, it's the first thing an employer uses to determine whether he'll view the resume or cast it aside. Put three things in it: where you are, where you want to be, and how your goals align with a company. Keep your body concise, as well. Make your resume easy to navigate with your more relevant and applicable skills closer to the top. Details can be saved for later when he needs to size you up against someone else.
>>
>>8430648
Kek'd at the boy scouts.

Summary started off well and then went down the deep end with that horrible phrasing and grammar.

The lack of work experience becomes apparent once he starts telling you about his coursework in detail and it gets solidified by everything that follows. Not necessarily bad, at least he knows how to sell it well. I would have put more effort into the skills section though.

Some proper internships would go a long way though, to make this guy hireable.
>>
File: resoomeh.png (146KB, 779x990px) Image search: [Google]
resoomeh.png
146KB, 779x990px
Non-troll resume

Still sucks tho
>>
>>8430648
Isn't that the guy who claimed he got Lockheed Martin offered him a job to work with their fusion thing, but later rescinded it? I find that pretty hard to believe considering this resume.
>>
Get rid of Gpa. You look mediocre at best. Also your activities should not be longer than your work experience.
>>
>>8430806
The summary is horrible. Leave the skills to the skill section. Tell them more about your personal qualities instead, e.g. teamwork, curiosity, creativity, leadership skills, etc.

And drop that "to the next level" shit, I assume you aren't a PR guy from the 90ies.

>Ability to work directly with customers to understand their immediate needs and to help plan for future growth.
Good intention, horrible phrasing.

Generally, all of the clear text could use some rephrasing. Do you know someone who is a writer, journalist or just good with words?
>>
What should I put if I've never worked a day in my life?
>>
>>8430835
Objective oriented time management.
>>
>>8430830
>Do you know someone who is a writer, journalist or just good with words?
No but if it's as bad as you're claiming I may just suck it up and pay some resume writing service to do those parts for me.
>>
>>8430830
>The summary is horrible
This. My eyes glazed over reading it.
>>
My actual resume

Plz no bully
>>
>>8430847
>filled out paperwork
o i am laffin
do you seriously send that out to companies? are you illiterate? all your sentances are fucking awful
>drove all around the state
nobody gives a fuck, just say what you did and how it mattered to the company
>>
>>8430847
You're breaking my heart, anon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 835x593px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 835x593px
Just changed my major to Business Administration in computer information systems. I want to work in network security. I have no relevant experience. What should I do to fill up this resume?
>>
>>8430852
It was a summer job that could barely count as experience. Still looks better than all those other people who have retail shit on their resume.

>>8430853
I know it's bad. Some actual feedback would be better.
>>
>>8430847
>mentions university education in skills
>"Familiarity with Java and C++
>actually interesting stuff cramped into one line
Mate why...

>those activities in the work experience section
>copy pasted the last two sections to fill the page
Anon please
>>
>>8430858
>Still looks better than all those other people who have retail shit on their resume.
I didn't say don't list the experience, I said your writing is atrocious.
>>
>>8430862
>copy pasted the last two sections

It was a seasonal job that I worked for the company for three seasons. Honestly I don't know how to show any difference between them or to how to tell recruiter/employers that I worked that same job three times without it looking confusing or awkward as fuck

>interesting stuff cramped into one line

I don't really know how I'm supposed to expand on that stuff.

Yeah I never even noticed that I put my university education there. I haven't really updated it in about six months.

>>8430864
I'm not sure what exactly to put for that kind of job. I literally drove around collected water samples form public pools to be tested at a lab. I filled out paper work and tested for pH and chlorine concentrations. I'm not sure how to expand upon that.
>>
>>8430857
Add a summary, flesh out education, replace "experience" with "skills".

If you want to get hired, then get one or two internships at relevant companies.
>>
>>8430877
don't say shit like drove around and filled out paperwork
did you fail fucking high school english class?
>>
My shitty advice:

1) cut down the relevant course work section.
If you really want it there, I would only keep courses that aren't standard to every bio major but applies to the position you're applying for (ie, you took an specific elective on entomology and you're applying for pest control research)

2) Field sampler section:
cut out lines 1,3 and 4

3) regulator affairs associate section:
combine lines 2-5 (and try to make it concicee, don't just put them on together) and cut out the "previously known as MSDS"

Anyways, I'm an unemployed ChemE so take my advice with a grain of salt.
>>
>>8430887
meant for
>>8430847
>>
>>8430887
>>8430890
Ah ok. I'll go ahead and try to make my resume more concise then. I guess I should also tailor it for certain jobs...

Thanks!

>>8430886
That's literally the job description. Its not grammatically wrong. It's pretty much being a courier. I don't know how you expand upon that.
>>
>>8430877
First of all, try to keep your resume to one page, like OP. If it goes to two pages, the second one will almost never be read by employers.

Second, keep it simple (stupid). Nobody cares about the labs you were in or the classes you took in college. Simply comment on the interesting/relevant ones, like, "studied plant biology" or something.

Thirdly, you have two duplicate "Field Sampler" experiences. Stop the bullshit.

Fourthly, when mentioning lab experience (or any of these positions, include the date (you might have just censored it, idk). Don't just say "for a short period of time".

Fifthly, don't list "filled our paper work" as work experience. It's expected, not impressive.

Try to clean it up by only including things that you think a potential employer would look at and say, "wow, that's interesting, I guess I'll have to ask anon about this in the interview instead of throwing his shitty resume right in the trash"
>>
>>8430857
>>8430878

I added some courses that I took at a community college. Should I tell them that I took them at a community college?
>>
File: Untitled.png (16KB, 843x641px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16KB, 843x641px
>>8430908

Pic related to this post.
>>
>>8430902
>That's literally the job description. Its not grammatically wrong. It's pretty much being a courier. I don't know how you expand upon that.
Holy shit how are you so bad at communicating? He's saying clean it up and don't make it sound like a 6th grader wrote it.
>Performed water quality testing and sample analysis to maintain public health standards
>Researched alternatives to honey bee pollination in response to the recent decline in local population
Don't write like you're talking to your fucking buddies, at least use some professionalism.
>>
>>8430857
>I want to work in network security. I have no relevant experience.
In that case an objective section is useful. You can explain why you want a large change from what you were doing before, where you're headed, what you can bring to the table from your previous experiences, etc. People transfer from, say, marketing to HR more often than you might think.

>>8430858
Your education does not belong under skills
Don't include microsoft office and "data entry"
Don't use the acronyms unless you plan to refer back to them in actual technical writing
You seem to have straight-up listed every course you've taken. Don't do this. All courses you do mention should reflect advanced, relevant, specialized knowledge.
Seriously. "General Chemistry 1, General Chemistry 1 lab, General Chemistry 2, General Chemistry 2 lab, Organic Chemistry 1, Organic Chemistry 2, Organic Chemistry lab" reads like a poor self-referential joke. This is going straight to the trash.
Don't list your matriculation date
Provide both your employer and job title
You need to be a lot more concise in your experience section and overall. You should not need a second page/side. What you have here is a laundry list of your jobs' day to day mechanics that feels lie an eight year old's "what I did this weekend" essay. Consider the big picture impact/effect of your jobs and focus what you say about the job around highlighting genuine skills you applied and achievements/accomplishments you made. Where you don't have these, it can be useful to emphasize what you learned/gained from it (for instance, lab assistanceship and generally trivial work in science can be framed as a type of education or training.
>>
>>8430877
>It was a seasonal job that I worked for the company for three seasons. Honestly I don't know how to show any difference between them or to how to tell recruiter/employers that I worked that same job three times without it looking confusing or awkward as fuck

Sum it up into one section if it is the same job for the same company at three different times:

Job Title
Location(s)
Time frame(s)

- Activity
- Activity
- Activity

And try to get it all onto one page if you have more than half of the next page left blank.

>I don't really know how I'm supposed to expand on that stuff.
Put it into different bullet items and put the most relevant things at the top.
And "Familiarity with Java and C++" can mean literally anything, what can you actually do with it? What is your actual skill level? If it is literally just "Hello World!" programs, then drop that line.

>Drove around the country
>That's literally the job description. Its not grammatically wrong. It's pretty much being a courier. I don't know how you expand upon that.

It's not grammatically wrong, but it sounds like you made a road trip. Write something like:

Visited relevant test locations in the state of X to perform tests Z, Y and Z for the purpose of A, B and C.
>>
>>8430904
Thanks. I'll have to cut out the fat then.

>>8430917
Oh...

Yeah I see what you're saying now. Yeah you're completely right.

>>8430923
Yeah I see what you're saying.

I pulled out the employer and job title because we're on sci and I don't want someone tracking me down.

I always see on job postings that they want to see someone who knows Microsoft office but I'll pull that out. It seems rather silly now that I think about it.

>>8430927
Ah I see what you're saying yeah you're absolutely correct.

>familiarity with java and C++
I know a bit. I've written simple games and stuff but I guess I'll pull it out.

I want to say thanks guys. My resume will be a lot better now!
>>
File: 1450907591538.gif (204KB, 404x416px) Image search: [Google]
1450907591538.gif
204KB, 404x416px
>>8430126
>Women
>Engineers
Always cracks me up. Thanks for the laugh OP
>>
>>8430911
>Knowledge of C++
So you read about it on wikipedia once? What can you actually do with it, list technologies, libraries you have worked with, etc.

>Ability to build own computer
Sounds like a hobby. If you have to list that one in skills, change this to "Practical knowledge of computer hardware and experience with assembling workstations", or something of that sort.

>Knowledge of Microsoft Word
This is kind of assumed to be the case for everyone who works in programming and IT. If you have to mention that one, then change it to "Microsoft Office Programs".

Do you really not have more skills you can list? Please think of more. Any networking experience? Any database management? Any relevant tools, IDE's and project management skills?
>>
File: 1440545378161.jpg (72KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
1440545378161.jpg
72KB, 596x628px
>>8430911
>Ability to build own computer
>Objective: to get a job
>>
>>8430857
>>8430911
Tell them something about yourself. Who are you, what drives you, where are you right now, where do you want to go from there, what are your interpersonal abilities, leadership skills, everything you can't put into the bullet point sections.
>>
>>8430225
[math]\mathfrak{Wir\ m\ddot{u}ssen\ die\ Juden\ ausrotten!}[/math]
>>
>>8430135
Is that true that they should be written in LaTeX? Got examples?
>>
>>8431161
[math] \mathfrak{T^{E^{N^{D}I}E}S}[/math]
>>
>>8430619
Even better advice: put industry specific buzz words in white font in the footer of your resume so the HR software will find those keywords when your resume gets scanned
>>
>>8431161
[math] \mathfrak{Es\ schau'n\ aufs\ Hakenkreuz\ voll\ Hoffnung\ schon\ Millionen} [/math]
>>
>>8431209
>The Riemann-Tendjes integral
>>
>>8431469
REEEEEEEEman-Tendjes
>>
>>8430806
Jesus christ. IGRP? 24 bit much?

Wireshark? It's called Ethereal, bitch.
>>
>>8431036
>Who are you

me

>what drives you

my brain?

>where are you right now

On my computer

>where do you want to go from there

To a job to earn money but not slave wages

> what are your interpersonal abilities

umm I can talk to people sometimes?

What the fuck do these questions even mean? What the fuck are your interpersonal abilities? Huh? Can you read minds? Are you good at manipulating people into doing what you want? How the fuck do I know what drives me? I just want a fucking job goddamnit
>>
>>8431936
Stop being retarded and shit out some good sounding crap that makes you look good. Have you never seen a proper CV before? Even the no-experience guy did a half decent job >>8430648
>>
>>8431939

I feel like I need to take a fucking course just to decipher this marketingspeak
>>
>>8431940
You just string together the buzzwords the hiring guys want to hear. Bonus points for trying to make yourself look like a human being beyond a list of technical bullet points.

What they want to hear from you is:
>I can work in teams and I am not an anti-social weirdo
>I won't waste your time and quit after a week when shit gets remotely hard
>I actually like this profession
>I actually speak English and I can string some shitty sentences together for this CV

Optional, depending on the job and position:
>I have leadership qualities
>I want a proper career in your business
>>
>>8430126
Excellent!
t. Late 20th century
>>
>>8430126
I have been a professional for 20 years and hiring for 15 years. The purpose of the resume is to get past the gat keeper who is in HR. You usually get a phone interview to clear up any questions the HR person may have to get to the face to face. So some criticism based on my experience/perspective:

Education:
- Is community college really relevant? I see someone who has spent 6 years? in community college (2010 - 2016)? That seems really odd?
- Only 15 credit hours in 2 yeasr at current institution?
- Ideally you would want to only present your last degree (BS presumably) and not mention the community college.

Activities: Group these into 4 overarching bullets. Think that I don't have time to read them all and figure it out myself. I have a job to do as well as interview you.
- Leadership: Public Relations Officer; Captain of Rifle Team
- Conferences Attended: Society of Woman Engineers Cyber Security Conference...
- Accolades: Presidents list, Deans list, etc.
- Memberships: American Society of Mechanical Engineers, etc.

Skills: What about practical skills like email, Microsoft word and excel? You do not need dates for skills. You either trained in them or you didn't. Don't underestimate this simply because you grew up with email, etc. Us old folks are pretty ignorant and ornery.

Work Experience:
- How does your work experience relate to your major and education. I worked at KFC 40 hours a week while taking on a full load at uni. Saying you worked a job while also taking a full load is much more impressive than if it was a summer job. If it was a summer job it isn't that relevant unless it in field of study.

Lastly where are the internships? No internships is a huge minus. Be prepared to have an explanation.
>>
>>8430847
You have 6 months of experience (4/16 - 10/23). This should not be 2 pages. I read through this in 90 seconds and you would not get an interview in my company. Most of this was fluff with no substance.

Example, I get that you have a BS. I don't need your entire curriculum. If your school is accredited I'll accept your qualifications with a GPA to rank you.

Your work experience is ridiculous. you were from 4/18/2016 to present was i) Regulatory Affairs Associate ii) Field Sampler iii) Lab Assistant iV) not sure I can't read the title v) Field Sampler (again!?). What is your real experience? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.
>>
>>8430704
This
>>
>>8430126
>The most boring and cookie cutter objective line ever conceived
>Abysmal GPA
>We get it, you're female
>President's List from 3 years ago
>Presumably the most relevant skills to your career path are in the smallest section of your resume
>Completely irrelevant work experience

Why is it that every resume I've seen with Society of Women Engineers or Women in STEM happens to have a severe absence of field-relevant experience or some other demonstration of passion for the field?
>>
>>8430806
>Automation using [...] SQL
uw0tm8?

>College job has one description line
C'mon man. I managed to come up with 8+ lines on being an IT assistant in high school. If you truly did good work, there should be more there. However, I will note that you're pretty close to exceeding one page, so maybe it won't be that beneficial.

Overall, it seems alright. If your GPA was above a 3.4, I would list it.
>>
>>8432123
They're encouraged to do that for the wrong reasons. But that's not a bad thing, you have to start from something and maybe you'll find some better reasons to do that.
>>
>>8430847
>Skills: Having a BS in Biology
lol

>Familiarity with Java and C++
"Familiarity" implies it's probably not worth listing on a Resume.

>Education
If you're listing every fucking class you ever took, but not your GPA, this will get thrown into the shitter. Cut out ALL of your curriculum and use that space to get rid of the second page by summarizing your work experience.

>Working Experience
You had ~6 months of experience. You can fit that in <= 8 lines. Also, I assume this is an error, but Field Sampler is listed three separate times. Finally, find another way to say "filled out paperwork".
>>
>>8432138
Sure, one has to start somewhere in their field, but not all places are equal. Starting in these groups to promote participation in the sciences is a mistake. There are plenty of other opportunities to show a desire to succeed, like internships, research positions, personal projects, and other things that actually require the application of what you learned in the field. Doing things like making brochures to promote awareness or hosting events to talk about inequality is completely non-conducive to advancing in your field and simply shows your public relations and community skills.

Don't get me wrong, these organizations are fine to be involved in. As long as you're not leaning on them as a substitute for experience in the field, they're fine.
>>
File: cv sci.png (75KB, 663x729px) Image search: [Google]
cv sci.png
75KB, 663x729px
Anonymized version of my current resume
>>
>>8432202
No one cares about your interests on a resume
>>
this is not adv
>>
>>8432207
>>8432202
>Shitposting: Mother tongue
>Baneposting: Fluent written and spoken
>Gorillaposting: Basic knowledge
my sides are approaching infinity
>>
>>8432213
>letting the board with the highest density of underage students help you with your CV
>>
>>8432208
Idk, I read somewhere that it could help if the recruiter is interested by the content of this section
Anyway I started my PhD recently, so this resume is pretty much useless for now
>>
>>8432208
Depends on the country actually. But yeah, it's uncommon on american resumes.
>>
>>8432223
I'm a yuropoor
>>
>>8432226
I know it's expected in Germany, not sure about other countries in the EU. Probably similar.
>>
>>8432137
>>Automation using [...] SQL
>uw0tm8?
Mostly automating reporting and analytics

>>College job has one description line
It was a student position at my school and I had very few responsibilities. And frankly most of the stuff I did is no longer relevant to where my career is now.

>>If your GPA was above a 3.4, I would list it.
I've been given the impression that no one gives a shit about your GPA unless you're applying for internships. No recruiter/interviewer has ever asked me about it.
>>
>>8432207
>Languages: Matlab, Latex
My sides

>Microsoft Office
Fuck, if only you listed Chem Draw you'd have made it into the "don't shred" pile. I mean, how else am I to assume you can actually use software that's highly standard within and without the industry and takes minutes for a literal chimp to pick up?
Joking aside, if you had, for instance, an analytical chem course that involved besides-superficial use of Excel there may be a better way to present that

I think the interests section here is actually a clever move. It seems fairly tight and focused on interpersonal skills - teamwork, communication, PR shit - in a nicely "show, don't tell" way. I'll have to steal this desu. Bonus points if your languages fall into the regions you've traveled to.
>>
File: 1454991382988.png (230KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1454991382988.png
230KB, 640x360px
>Posting your CV on 4chan
I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
>>8430847

>two pages

One page for every ten years of experience. Only substantial experience and accomplishments should make it into your resume. That'll keep it down to one page.
>>
>>8430126
>>>/u/
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.