[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /sci/, I know you can. My current speaker setup displays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: loudspeaker-parts-labeled.png (11KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
loudspeaker-parts-labeled.png
11KB, 400x250px
Help me /sci/, I know you can.

My current speaker setup displays an extremely strange phenomenon.
I keep my speakers running at all times and between them is roughly a 15ft wire connecting the unpowered speaker to the power source-speaker combo. In addition, there is a 15ft 3.5mm male-male wire connecting my laptop to the aux input.
Sometimes (very rarely), the speakers output a foreign signal that sounds similar to an AM or CB radio broadcast.
I don't understand why this is happening.

Please help, this is seriously confusing me.
>>
>>8427054
>3.5mm male-male wire
clean the contacts, alcohol helps
use different cable to compare
>>
>>8427054
Simple, long wire acts as an antenna and picks up the transmissions. You have a shitty power amp, senpai as this should not normally occur.
>>
I guess the wire acts like an antennae. It is a bit over 1m. Its long enough to pick up plenty of radio channels.

Could this be from a magnetic field interference produced by the speakers or amp?
>>
>>8427334
checked the grounding?
>>
>>8427388
It is most likely the grounding. I doubt you are getting rf intererference unless you are using unshielded wires, which would have been a very poor decision.
>>
File: Isobutanol.png (20KB, 288x310px) Image search: [Google]
Isobutanol.png
20KB, 288x310px
>>8427054

what if the alien signal has content

unplug audio source plug
leave the plug dangling
plug to the ether
listen to untold wisdom

not all 3.5mm cables are really shielded
cheapware mostly has 3 open wires, one blank
for grounding in gold we trust
and isobutanol
>>
>>8427293
>>8427334
i was thinking it was the wire picking up RF too, but then how would the speaker demodulate it
it's not like audio devices output modulated signals O_o
>>
>>8427813
The first stage of the audio amp demodulates RF unless taken care of.
>>
>>8427843
why would my reference monitors demodulate RF, don't they only amplify and transduce any electrical signal
>>
>>8427813
Isn't AM radio encoded in the amplitude of the wave? That signal can move the speaker cone if amplified enough.
>>
>>8428421
its true that AM utilizes the amplitide of the original signal as the basis of the new signal, but this new signal is completely different from the original signal. they would sound nothing alike
>>
>>8427403
Thats most aux cables.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.