[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK /sci/, which one will get us to Mars faster?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: _20161020_041257.jpg (33KB, 605x310px) Image search: [Google]
_20161020_041257.jpg
33KB, 605x310px
OK /sci/, which one will get us to Mars faster?
>>
>>8424431
they will both get you to mars at the exact same rate
>>
>>8424431

Trump will get you and the rest of the usa in Uranus.
>>
>>8424431
Trump by virtue of empowering white people.
>>
Hillary wants the USA to be more like Europe. You can look to their space program for what is to come.Trump wants the USA to be more like the 60s/70s.....so look to that space program for his future.
>>
>>8424431
Trump since he's more likely to throw us into another cold war.
>>
Trump.

A strong ambitious space program is just what the country needs to be Great Again.

Hillary, if anything like Obama. Will gut NASA and task them with SJW pandering.
>>
>>8424480
Obama and Hillary are already doing that.

Trump is more interested in Trade Wars.
>>
Neither could have any affect on the speedidity of a manned mission to Mars. Only Congress could.
>>
>>8424490
Kennedy

Congress doesn't give a shit about NASA. Except for Florida, Texas, California, and Alabama's representatives.
>>
>>8424480
No. The reason why we enter space and got to the moon is because we were afraid of the commie having nuclear bases there. Detecting and preventing a nuclear launch from outerspace is a lot harder since you got another axis to work with compared to on earth where things are somewhat leveled. There are no strategic reason to have mars bases since anything launch from there will take months to arrive.
>>
>>8424524
I thought we went to the Moon, not because it was easy, but because it was hawd
>>
The discovery of oil on Mars, either candidate doesn't matter.
>>
File: jill stein.jpg (40KB, 401x600px) Image search: [Google]
jill stein.jpg
40KB, 401x600px
>>8424431
Jill stein, the only presidential candidate for the people.
>>
>>8424431
Shilary will give all our money to wall street, start WWIII, and kill us all.
Trump Her in the Pussy will proceed to get nothing done for 4 years.

Trump.
>>
>>8424532
>>8424524
both of us went into space because it was ballistic missile development and dick waving.

>>8424534
titan is covered in liquid methane.
>>
>>8424546
Yeah maybe, if natural gas really takes off.

But the only true thing the US cares about is it's guzzoline.
>>
>>8424553
SpaceX Raptor engines.

Musk wants to build methane gas stations all over the solar system to enable exploration.
>>
File: witten.jpg (25KB, 230x340px) Image search: [Google]
witten.jpg
25KB, 230x340px
mars is a meme, what we need is more particle accelerators. We must probe higher energies to verify string theory.
>>
>>8424561
unless a particle accelerator can eventually lead to the unification of the 4 fundamental forces. Allowing for artificial gravity and warp drive. Then it is less important than getting humanity off this mud ball for good, through conventional means.
>>
Trump will make Mars great again
>>
>>8424559
jesus christ I love that guy
>>
>>8424480
>trump is putin's puppet
>trump is gonna start a war with russia
which one is it, hilldog?
>>
>>8424538
this desu senpai
>>
File: elon musk red dragon.jpg (355KB, 994x1498px) Image search: [Google]
elon musk red dragon.jpg
355KB, 994x1498px
MUSK FOR PRESIDENT
>>
>>8424431

Hillary seems much more open minded as far as being influenced by others go, so with the recent hype for space exploration and the private sector already working on it, my bet would be on hillary.
>>
The President is not the one who decides the direction of the space program or even how much funding it gets. You'll have to ask your local Rep. or Senator
>>
>>8424480
That's media spin. Hillary is part of the complex advocating for potentiating open war with Russia. If anyone is going to end the proxy wars, it'll be Hillary.

"Syrian No Fly Zone" is code for "Shoot Down Russian Aircraft". Russian has been backing Assad for a while. Trump is the only one acting, at least superficially, like he wants to end our decades of refusing to work with Russia.
>>
>>8425235
this
>>
>>8425230
and writing your congressmen to send man to mars, will accomplish nothing.

congressmen only care about reelection. 46 states of congressmen have no major stake in NASA and SpaceX as far as pork spending for "muh jobs". democrat congressmen would probably slash nasa even more. so they can have more money for welfare.

you need a president that wants space travel and can make the case to the people and to congress.
>>
>>8424639
titan has .14g

you could build a space elevator and use it to pump liquid methane to SpaceX tankers in orbit. They could then ferry fuel to gas stations in orbit around Mars and Jupiter.
>>
>>8424435
/thread
>>
>>8424483
It'll just happen because he says that it'll happen. America will just become great again because he says it will. You don't have to vote for the she-beast, but come on, you people are just as bad as the far-left you lampoon.
>>
>>8424568
Why not both

make huge space ships that are particle accelerators.

also Hillary is the one advocating most for the New World Order
which is pretty much the only way to start considering making space travel more viable, or at least improving its infrastructure.

Russia is against the NWO however becuase they are the place where most rockets get launched now.
>>
After arguing with NASA engineers for over a week now because these geniuses can't admit they botched some basic geometry, fuck'em, they need de-funding.

Source: me, I work in the cryogenics industry.
>>
>>8425235
This
>>
>>8424480
Trump wants to make peace with Putin retard. Also thank you for Correcting the Record.
>>
>>8424480

I've actually met someone who thought trump was tied to Putin but also thought that trump would start a war with russia. I asked him how he could hold these two views simultaneously and he couldn't answer me either.
>>
>>8427045
>Chamberlain wants to make peace with Hitler retard.
>>
>>8427065
>muh good war
>Meanwhile muslims rape & murder with impunity, and the political establishment cheers our demise
>>
>>8424431
Trump,Clinton is a zionist shill so she will try her best to fuck over America.
>>
>>8424431
Clinton, it's more likely to happen if the deficit is lower. Plus space corps like SpaceX live off government funding.
>>
>>8427045
Russia is a non entity. China is the new Russia. Their GDP already outstrips the US.
>>
>>8424480
There are litterally millions invovled in nuclearwar excercises in russia because of Killarys threats.
>>
>>8427152
A cold war with Russia isn't cold war. Russia is incredibly weak economically and cold war would just make it into total shithole.

USA should rather care more about their economically powerful allies like EU and Japan.

There is nothing good to come out of good relations with Russia. In fact Russia should get pressured more by the USA and Hillary's policy will be the best.
>>
>>8424431

Democrats almost always defund NASA
>>
>>8424431
the correct answer is neither
>>
>>8424480
Who of the candidates actually benefit from war?
How would Trump benefit from war at all?

Hilary on the other hand has a globalist agenda, mass immigration are an effective way to kill national identities and borders. We know she's been playing chess in the middle east for quite a while now.
Hilary is the candidate with blood on her hands, unlike Trump.

And quite honestly I don't a fucking Mars colony. I want Mars to be ruled independently, not by an Earth government. Hilary would never allow this .
>>
>>8424561
We build a particle accelerator on the moon. Across the whole circumference. It's gonna be awesome.
>>
File: Culh2o8UMAAwbXW.jpg (41KB, 634x356px) Image search: [Google]
Culh2o8UMAAwbXW.jpg
41KB, 634x356px
Hillary is going to waste all the money on blowing up brown people and playing chicken with russia in syria which could lead to ww3.
Obongo already defunded nasa, thats why you see all those private companies and elon musk mother fuckers trying to get private space travel off the ground.

Hillary works for the globalist oligarchy, the saudis, and the zionists and that oil pipeline that's supposed to go in syria after we destory the place and kill assad aint going to build itself.

Ever since the end of the cold war capitalism killed liberalism and has been wearing its body as a skin suit.
The worship of diversity and multiculturalism is really just code for more cheap immigrant slave labor.
All the wars in the middle east are just a proxy war between the saudis and iran for regional dominance, its also morphing into cold war 2 between russia and america.
>>
>>8427196
Everyone always defunds NASA. Hell, Trump's policies explicitly call for annual cuts to all programs that aren't defense or entitlements.
>>
>>8427224
Well, you think there is any electorate worth going for that cares about NASA?
>>
>>8427223
I will also add that america is sort of like a taco bell, and the president is the manager.
The president does not change things, he manages things. This is why even though a nigger is the president there is still endless war and poverty and social deterioration, because he served the oligarchy.
Hilldawg will do the same.
Yeah, maybe some pandering to identity politics every now and then, but capitalists love identity politics, better to divide and conquer the lower class with.
You will still live with your parents, you will still be unable to find a job, you will still be in massive debt, etc.
But hey, more niggers on tv!
>>
>>8427227
Not particularly. There isn't really a large enough demographic concerned with any form of science funding for anyone to really care about it. I should probably start getting ready for our Chinese overlords; where can I find a decent Mandarin tutorial?
>>
Gary Johnson has stated on record he would reroute large chunks of funding from privatisation of other branches of the government to NASA. Neither Trump not Hilary give a shit about space colonisation, although Trump might see it as a nice vanity project for his time in office and at least pretend to care about it.
>>
>>8424647
Both, depending on what serves the argument.

He is also a moron barely able to form a sentence and the next Hitler, Stalin, Voldemort and Osama bin laden.
>>
>>8427298
>voldemort
Back to tumblr ;)
>>
>>8427105
Clinton is going to run up the debt with huge deficit spending "stimulus" programs.
>>
>>8427298
>Both, depending on what serves the argument.

I would say that Trump would not start a US war with Putin, but the lack of US support would probably lead to war in the Baltic states and Eastern Europe as a whole due to Russian aggression and signaled lack of support for NATO.

>He is also a moron barely able to form a sentence and the next Hitler, Stalin, Voldemort and Osama bin laden.
This is just failing to see the relevant parts of the comparison. While it is insulting to Hitler's competence to be compared to Trump, the idea is that Trump is making use of the same kind of nationalist rhetoric many other despotic rulers have utilized (some far more competent than Trump, others less so).
>>
>>8427309
Both will run up the debt. No party actually wants to reduce the debt while they are in power because that would require mucking up people's entitlement programs or DoD funding and lose them a great deal in the next round of elections.
>>
>>8427065
>Russia is the aggressor, goy!
>>
>>8424431
I'm pretty sure Trump would abandon any Mars missions for fear of attracting illegal "aliens".
>>
>>8427309
Both candidates are. Estimates say Hillary will do it less, something like turning debt to 80% of GDP while Trump will do 100%.

Hillary at least has the sense to propose tax cuts on incomes about 250k to pay for her stuff. Trump's plan for trillions in deficit over the next decade is a vague statement about carefully trimming the budget.
>>
>>8424559
>>8425293
Fuck. We were born 500 years too soon. Image packing your things and heading out into the solar system on a galactic road trip to explore the cosmos. Nothing but the stars before us and the solar wind at our backs.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.