[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

My friends are starting to make fun of me and say all i do is worry too much and complain about my worrying so they have begun to call me Anxiety-chan.

How do you worry less, and reduce anxiety?

I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and my doctor prescribed me Xanax, but it feels like it only helps when i take it, and as soon as i stop the anxiety comes back even worse...
>>
>>8424029
>but it feels like it only helps when i take it
wow, really? do you also expect to drink alcohol once and be drunk forever?

now seriously, if you find the answer you're looking for, tell me. Anxiety is such a fucking shitty thing to have that's almost unbearable
>>
>>8424029
test
>>
>>8424029

>I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and my doctor prescribed me Xanax, but it feels like it only helps when i take it, and as soon as i stop the anxiety comes back even worse...

Why did you stop then?
>>
>>8424029
>friends calling you -chan
get friends who aren't unstable weeaboo faggots your mood will improve
>>
>as soon as i stop the anxiety comes back even worse
i have the same thing but i dont take medicine. if i skimp out on exposures then it hits back, hard.

my psychologist had me do exposure exercises, which i hope works for you too. she told me to make a list of things that make me anxious. start by listing things that give me a little anxiety, and then start listing things that make you a little more anxious, etc. until you list stuff that make you really really anxious.

go to the start of the list and do the thing that makes you a little anxious. you will get a little anxious, but what's important here is that you learn how to relax your body and mind when youre anxious. i used to be so tense and shiver a lot, but when i learned how to relax i noticed the anxiety would subside faster. like, use the most minimal amount of energy necessary to not fall over when youre sitting down. dont do anything that you normally do when you have anxiety (ie. i used to swallow a lot when i'd have anxiety, sometimes i'd fidget with my fingers or string in my pocket, or squeeze a small stress ball), just sit there and relax all your muscles. in my mind i used to think that this would make my anxiety worse and make it take over my entire body, but eventually my anxiety settled down to a manageable level. i think this is similar to meditation, but i could be wrong.
once you're comfortable doing that, move up the list of things that make you anxious, only upping the ante one at a time (dont do it too drastically). there's no rush.
eventually you will learn how to relax in tougher situations.

for what its worth, i had a list of 10 things. i started seeing progress on 4th item on the list. now im at the 7th item of my list and it's still tough but im in a lot better shape than i was two years ago. exposure therapy is the reason for why i go out nowadays.

i truly hope that this helps. if not, i hope that you get the help that you need.
>>
File: image.jpg (618KB, 1800x1322px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
618KB, 1800x1322px
Meditate and study philosphy you stupid fucks. You're literally worried. About what? This isn't a trick question. If the answer is "nothing" then all you can do is either experience physical symptoms or forget the answer.
>>
>>8424029
>>8424153
>>8424658
Just don't stress about it. Stop worrying, everything will be fine and it's not a big deal. I know how you feel but you should just calm down because it's all in your head. Other people are suffering so much worse, what are you even worrying about? Just have a drink and calm down.
>>
>>8424243
Okay, 4-chan.
>>
>>8424029
I have anxiety a lot. Whether it's placebo or not, my mind sees when I brew a hot pot of tea and then I stop feeling anxious.
If placebo: at least my mind believing the L-theanine in tea is effecting me is giving me a cheap, more healthier way of dorpping anxiety.
So maybe try something like that. If you don't like tea, maybe a hot cup of milk or hot chocolate, up to you. Just don't pick something unhealthy like chicken tendies because that's the exact same way a lot of fat people originally treat their emotional issues, and you'll see the symptoms are apparent.
>>
>>8424204
>Why did you stop then?
Because Xanax and most benzos are garbage, and deep down he instinctively knows it. He knows he's masking something else that's wrong.

OP, you should try kava, phenibut, or cacao. Just realize none of these things will get rid of the sources of your anxiety. You're going to need to unravel your psyche over time, figure out what's causing it and what you can do, change your role in your environment, etc.

It takes time. I'm not done either, but it's far better than it was in the past. My mind used to lock down and I couldn't even generate thoughts. Disoriented, vision went dark, etc. Was terrible. I couldn't do anything, and when I tried, it certainly couldn't do anything right. Day after day. I'd rather die than return to that.

Try the above. They help a lot. Ditch the benzos aside from as a tool that's fast and short acting and to deal with acute anxiety. Do not, ever, make them a lifestyle. Formally or otherwise. Really you ought to just stick to the kava honestly. Fuck xanax.

I also hate talking about anxiety because I know there are a massive amount of factors that play in. Like diet, exercise, lifestyle, gut flora problems, food allergies. For all I know you have a dysfunctional intestinal lining, poor DAO, or poor HNMT function. There's too much to say, and I know they aren;t going to do right by you and evaluate these things.
>>
I've had anxiety since middle school, back then it was really bad, like physical symptoms bad. I've outgrown it, but it still hits me sometimes. I have a few techniques maybe you'll find useful.

First one - find a place (in your home or outside) where you do not normally sit, or arrange it. I have an armchair that I wasn't really using, so I go there. It can't be your usual place, because you're used to worrying there. Dedicate some time to relax, like half an hour. Sit there, drink some tea or whatever you like and try to notice good things about your life, like you have a roof over your head, do not go hungry, etc. Think about your dreams, aspirations, basically anything that makes you happy. Worrying thoughts will inevitably come, so you have to notice them and think about something else. Soon your mind will associate this place with relaxation and good feelings, and you will automatically feel better just by sitting there.
>>
>>8424243
This, not even kidding
>>
>>8424029
>friends
>anxiety
fuck off chad, just because a normie fag like you is awkward sometimes doesnt mean you even know what anxiety is
>>
>>8424029
>friends

Friends don't do shit like that. Find new friends. Your doctor is a massive dick and will hook you on that shit for the rest of your life.

>How do you worry less, and reduce anxiety?

Get out of the stressful situations or end those situations.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.