[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What causes schizophrenia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: wew.jpg (260KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
260KB, 720x1280px
What causes schizophrenia?
>>
>>8423894
evolution
>>
File: 1279244342932.jpg (32KB, 450x521px) Image search: [Google]
1279244342932.jpg
32KB, 450x521px
>>8423894
I think sometimes it's from an excess of dopamine. A lot of antipsych meds work by blocking the D2 receptor.
>>
>>8423894
Television.
>>
>>8423894
Too much salt in the brain that allows neurons to communicate too quickly. Salts like lithium slow this process down.
>>
I've never heard a concise, clear definition for schizophrenia. Pretty hard to say what causes it when we don't even know what "it" is.
>>
>>8423894

CIA niggers
>>
>>8424426

This is correct, anyone who tells you it's just caused by a 'chemical imbalance in the brain' doesn't know what they're talking about.

The more we learn about the pathology of schizophrenia, the more it appears to fit into a broader spectrum of psychotic illness, rather than a distinct disease. For example, we used to think the degeneration of grey matter was a distinguishing characteristic of schizophrenia, however long-term MRI research has shown the same pathology in people with bipolar disorder and other forms of psychosis, particularly after psychotic episodes.

One theory is that psychotic illness manifests differently according to personality, which is why woman are considerably more likely to develop bipolar disorder, while the same is true for men and schizophrenia.

There's nothing very interesting or sexy about the real face of psychotic illness. It usually afflicts during teenage years, depriving the individual of full cognitive development and guaranteeing an abbreviated life. It's like being bullied by your own mind, and as such they very often become the easy target of violence and exploitation by others.

At the same time, you'll probably find schizophrenics are the most harmless and gentle people you'll ever meet.
>>
>>8424426
Problem is partially that schizophrenia isn't really one single disease. I suppose it is analagous to cancer--people talk about cancer like it's one thing, and to SOME degree every type of cancer shares similar defining features--but it's not all one disease. Much the same goes for schizophrenia.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundaries_of_the_mind
>>
Might be going schizo here. Grandmother had diagnosis of schizophrenia. Genetics seem to play a role. Relatives of afflicted at statistically higher risk for schizophrenia, schizoaffective, schizophreniform and even cluster A personality disorders.
>>
An even harder question is what causes autism. A very complex disease that is rising dramatically in cases worldwide. I have autism and let me tell you, it's like a computer with faulty sensory and emotional programming. Not to mention that when the experience of an event is over, it must reoccur to stimulate self and cannot change from difficultly adjusting to the environment. I could probably fail the Turing test because some of the stuff cleverbot says even stumps me. But relating to schizophrenia I have bipolar disorder which is similar but many differences. The former being a psychotic disorder and the other being a mood disorder. Yet bipolar can have features of psychosis and schizophrenia can alter mood. My mom is bipolar so I was much more likely to be born with it. It seems to have gotten worse under a lot of stress so I have gotten used it. It could be the other way around which means it's unavoidable and I have to deal with for probably my whole life, which I haven't got used to the fact.
>>
>>8424787
This explains so much.
Apparently I have really thin boundaries.
Had some really bad experiences with psychedelic drugs some time ago.
Now I'm frequently experiencing very short psychotic episodes (few seconds).

Anyone got any tips on how to maintain myself?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.