[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your experience, is this true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: timhunt2.jpg (156KB, 670x409px) Image search: [Google]
timhunt2.jpg
156KB, 670x409px
In your experience, is this true?
>>
No. But then again, I consciously only go for fuck buddy relationships.
Also, many are ugly, and they don't cry in public at least.
>>
The ones that do the third one really fucking milk it, but they're the exception not the rule
>>
>>8423868
Rather than asking why it's true, you should be asking if we aren't laughing at you right now for being too dumb to study at university so you would know for yourself.
>>
>>8423893
>same size of 1 is just as good as sample size of 1000
>STEM logic
>>
>>8423893
I'm finished with uni. I'm just asking your experiences working with women in the lab.

I agree with the pic btw
>>
>>8423900
more like

>woman logic
>>
>>8423868
No. I've never loved or been loved.
>>
>>8423919
A perfect stemfag, then. Your cold logic was never disturbed by the unwelcome invasion of woman borne logic into your closed system.
>>
>>8423934
Nah, I'm a human being with desires too, I just lack needs. I also slip in and out of awareness of the fact that most of my psychology is rooted in adaptation to recurring long term, uncontrollable trauma. Such that I never went into a state of recovery, and all change was iterative and done for the sake of continued functionality.

Whether I'm capable of loving or being loved, I don't know. And it's been so long I don't really care or bother to establish connections, even to the few people who try. I'm present, but probably not interpersonally penetrable.

But I am irrationally driven when it comes to the pursuit of various goals, you are correct in a sense. My life lacks external pull, and I am largely a 1 way system (in). There's no one else. It affords rapid progress. Thought you ought to know the real underlying mechanics of how something like this shakes out to begin with.
>>
>>8423979
That's got to be one of the most depressing things I've read on 4chan in a long time. I know those feels far much more than I would ever admit.
>>
>>8423979
>But I am irrationally driven when it comes to the pursuit of various goals
Lucky. I could never find anything worth caring about
>>
File: 1447613467086.png (417KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1447613467086.png
417KB, 5000x5000px
no, it's mostly just
>you fall in love with them
>>
Not really a norm, but it does happen. My faculty water system had urine leakages into the purification system because the administrator cried every time you complained about it because "she didn't handle pressure well". Though it was mostly women who got her doing shit because everyone in STEM drops their spahetti with women.
>>
I work exclusively with men.

Not even sexist but I am more comfortable with men in professional/academic situations.

I had to work with a female for a senior year project. She was annoying as fuck and dumb as a rock.
>>
>>8423868
I can vouch for it.

I'm a chemist. I used to work in an analytical lab. We tested mainly water and food samples for toxicity. The work was largely repetitive and non-stimulating but demanding in that we had to meet deadlines for all our analyses.

We actually were staffed with mostly women. As you can surmise, most of the staff was young, starting out which had a split with the women slightly edging out the guys. Most of the senior staff who stuck through the years were all women.

The work culture was entirely dominated by the women and it was one of the most baffling environments I was ever in as a scientist. The women pretty much grouped together. For the record, they were nice people but the impact on keeping the work culture professional really took a hit.

Lunches were incredibly loud since they all talked as a group at the table (and we had a relatively small table where seating was pretty packed in). And all they talked about was mundane stuff - "how was your trip last weekend", "wow I like your clothes", "how was your son Mrs. P?", "did you know which guy we bumped into last weekend?". We'd NEVER talk about science. And it went through the day. They'd just keep talking over benches while doing their analyses.
>>
>>8424049
>She was annoying as fuck and dumb as a rock.

This should become a mantra
>>
File: sfafdas.png (338KB, 606x536px) Image search: [Google]
sfafdas.png
338KB, 606x536px
>>8424111
Con't.

One of the younger analysts was to go on leave. I was assigned to cover for her. I had to learn most of her often performed analyses.

We were in a relative nook of the lab. She was doing her experiment and I started asking some questions regarding the procedure while she was doing the analysis. She answered quickly with a hard look on her face. It was evident she was uncomfortable but I had to go on :3.

At some point she snapped back "Hey Anon! I know what I'm doing!". So I explained to her that I just needed to know some really important details. She just shut up, and didn't look at me.

Then we got to this point where she set-up some flasks and was doing something weird with the pipettor. So I asked her if that was SOP and she screamed at me that what she was doing was time critical so I left her be. But I brought it up with her after the test.

I asked her whether or not she was annoyed with me. She said yes so I proceeded to explain to her that I just needed to know. It got to almost screaming level. Then she complained about me asking stuff at a time-critical phase and I reasoned that she failed to notify me in advance. She said that I should have known then I told her that she should have notified me in advance. She looked like she was about to cry and just left the room. I didn't talk to her again for the rest of the day though I did see her talking to one of the senior analysts.

The next day, she reported at lunch. She couldn't look at me in the eye and I saw her just spread on her seat at the staff table playing with her hair and staring at nothing. It looked like I just killed her pet or something.

Then the rest of the women started being cold towards me too. Turns out she told on me with the rest of the women. I heard from the lab director.

I'm telling you guys, women and science don't mix.
>>
>>8423868

more like I fall in love with them and then it gets weird
>>
>>8424296
You're ugly.
>>
>>8424311
Shut up bitch
>>
>>8424024
This. The 2nd part doesn't happen.
>>
>they fall in love with you

Nuh uh
>>
>>8424322
>>8424320
>>8424298
>>8424024

I guess that's why none of you have Nobel Prizes
>>
>>8424327
I just want to be content.
>>
>>8423908
This is honestly so true that it is sad.
>>
>>8424327

-t. has-a-nobel-prize
>>
Worked in a lab for 2 years with a female PI and she didn't publish a single paper. Still making a cushy 120k a year as a full professor who has no notable works. Moved to a lab of a guy who published 16 high impact papers last year. Guy makes 70k a year and fighting for tenure.
>>
Never had this problem in Norway. Girls and people in general here lack empathy. Have hooked up with classmates when drunk though, but never went further after we sobered up. It's a strange culture.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.