[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sky without atmosphere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

If you looked up at the sun from earth without atmosphere what coud you see with human eyes?
This considering that magically you would still be alive and your eyes won't be damaged by space rays and the void.
I suppose the sun will be white and the sky black, but could you still see stars and would the sun appear as a defined circle or more like seen in pic related?
>>
>>8423829
>If you looked up at the sun from earth without atmosphere what coud you see with human eyes?
A very bright light

>but could you still see stars and would the sun appear as a defined circle or more like seen in pic related?
The sun would be far to bright to see stars and the sun at the same time, it would be like your image except far brighter and less defined
>>
>>8423836
Thanks man!
>>
>>8423846
Why did you want to know?
>>
>>8423829
>I suppose the sun will be white

The sun would appear white because it's so bright, but it's actually yellow.
>>
>>8423929
>but it's actually yellow
No, its actually white
>>
>>8423914
For a thing I'm writing.
>>
>>8423932
>is the source of life, civilisation and what enables everything on earth to work
Definitively white.
>>
>>8424848

>tfw black stars don't even exist yet

we're living in an utiopia boys.
>>
>>8424833
Fair enough. Look up astronaut descriptions of what the sky looked like from the moon. It would be the same
>>
>>8423829
>would the sun appear as a defined circle or more like seen in pic related?

Those lines are called diffraction spikes. They're an artifact created by camera shutters. You won't see them with your own eyes.
>>
>>8424865
My doubts were about the differences between what appear to the human eye and a mechanical system, such as lens flares.
In the end I went with a more poetic description, but this is because the character is bending radiation to avoid being burned alive so what he sees is an altered version of the real thing.
>>
File: SunlightSpectrumGraph.jpg (35KB, 296x245px) Image search: [Google]
SunlightSpectrumGraph.jpg
35KB, 296x245px
>>8423932
>>8424848
>>8423929
it's blue! you can even see it in OPs pic.
>>
>>8424897
I'll accept that. Though really that just makes it a very slightly blueish white
>>
>>8424854
thats where you're wrong nigger

https://youtu.be/eeTnog5RRQo
>>
>>8424903
yeah, it's very slight, but still
>>
>>8424897
It might peak in blue, but the full spectrum it produces is percieved as white.
>>
>>8424908
>>8424906
Its blue in the same way mirrors are green
>>
>>8424908
>the full spectrum it produces is perceived as white
>is percieved as white
..it's mostly white, yes. when arguing suncolor though, then it's "blueish white" aka slightly blue

>>8424912
it gotta be more blue than that, but i don't feel like comparing numbers
>>
>>8424922
boy, if my kid ever draws a sun you BETTER believe i'll put some fucking blue in there! Kappa
>>
>>8424922
Sunlight is literally white, though. If it was blueish, white things like snow would also appear to be bluish.
>>
File: mercury dsfkewfdsf34r3.jpg (783KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mercury dsfkewfdsf34r3.jpg
783KB, 1024x1024px
>>8423829
>but could you still see stars
Under your scenario, if you block the sun's light with your hand yes you could see stars. Pic related it's the SOHO observatory blocking the sun with an opaque disc
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.