[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FIVE HUNDRED DEGREES CELSIUS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: GulaMons_SifMons_northeast.jpg (2MB, 5000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
GulaMons_SifMons_northeast.jpg
2MB, 5000x4000px
FIVE HUNDRED DEGREES CELSIUS
>>
>>8420903
amazing thread bro. im so science rite now
>>
>>8420903
You got a problem with that?
>>
>>8420903
Five hundred is also the number cocks ur mom sucked while you were a fetus.
>>
>>8420903
Bring some lotion.
>looks like your masturbating along 2nite again OP
>>
Fun fact: that is Venus today but according to some new models it's possible that Venus remained habitable for a lot longer than previously thought.
Long enough to have developed even complex life.
>>
Lead snow MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>8420903
Have any more Venus pics?
>>
>>8420903
If its so hot there, how can we possibly hope to send any probes or technology to Venus and have it survive? Its straight-up impossible, it will melt and be crushed by the atmosphere...

There's NO HOPE, of EVER colonizing this blasted wasteland of a world, and its Earth's closest neighbor and has the most similar gravity, which is essential for bone development. Those guys sent by Elon's Musketeers to Mars might be marginally better since they won't melt or be crushed, but their bones will turn to jelly from the lessened gravity for sure...
>>
>>8421137
You could float in a big-ass mass driver that just throws that shitty atmosphere out into space while at the same time forcing the planet to rotate more quickly.

It would be the most powerful single machine ever constructed but it might do wonders to un-fuck that planet.
>>
File: C_Venera13_Camera2.jpg (81KB, 1000x210px) Image search: [Google]
C_Venera13_Camera2.jpg
81KB, 1000x210px
>>8421137
But we have sent probes there. Pressure isn't as big as an issue as you'd think, we have submarines that can withstand high pressures. The only issue is that it's so hot traditional semiconductors don't work. But there are new semoconductors being developed that can withstand these temperatures

As for colonizing Venus, you don't colonize the surface, you use balloons.
>>
>>8421158
For true colonization you really, really need a surface for ores and ice and sheeeit though.
>>
File: Zephyr-1.png (465KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Zephyr-1.png
465KB, 720x540px
>>8421159
>> ice
Here's the cool thing, on Venus water is extractable from the atmosphere. pretty much everything needed to maintain and grow a floating colony is available in venus' atmosphere:
http://selenianboondocks.com/2013/11/venus-isru-what-do-we-have-to-work-with/

Metals can be extracted from the venusian surface using remotely controlled robots.

Pic sort of related NASA's proposed Zephyr rover for Venus. Advances in SiC electronics enable it to operate at Venusian ambient temperature
>>
File: gordon.jpg (39KB, 580x327px)
gordon.jpg
39KB, 580x327px
PLANET NICE AND HOT
>>
>>8421070
Have some cylindrical Venusian mountains
>>
>>8421137
500 degrees is not THAT hot, its not like building materials are going to be melting or anything.
The real issue is having a computer that can work at 500 degrees, or power for active cooling, neither of which are impossible feats.

>>8421159
You live in the atmosphere while mining and dredging the surface. You can extract carbon from the atmosphere and build with it.
>>
>>8420942

At once, or in sequence?
>>
File: Venus 3d view NASA.jpg (42KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
Venus 3d view NASA.jpg
42KB, 660x371px
LEAD SNOW
E
A
D

S
N
O
W
>>
>>8421334
>>8421227
>>8420903
are these volcanoes?
>>
>>8422063

No they are your moms flat chested pancake titties
>>
So if was transported to the surface of Venus naked how long would I survive?

Would I literally die instantly or would I live long enough to feel the intense heat and pressure?

Or would I pass out instantly and so not be aware of it, even if my body continued to live for a short time?
>>
>>8422120
You would die instantly due to the air pressure pancaking you.
>>
>>8420977

DAE every body in the solar system has life??!
>>
>>8422130
If you've been aclimatized to the pressure you wouldn't die instantly
The fast winds would likely knock you off your feet, and you'd cook in the 450 degree heat though
>>
Is the surface all weird looking because of the volcanism?
>>
>>8421227
That surface is truly alien.
>>
>>8421334
Is there really lead fucking snow?
>>
>>8421137
What if, and I know this sounds crazy, but what if we take half Venus's atmosphere and move it somewhere else (ie: Mars)?
>>
>>8422486
Probably not. There is something on the mountain tops that reflects more microwaves than on the ground. This could be some lead or bismuth sulfide. Also doesn't fall as snow, rather stuff sublimates at lower altitudes and condenses at higher altitudes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_snow
>>
>>8422694
You'd need to take a lot more than half

97% of that shit has to be siphoned off or solidified. The air on Venus has higher pressure than seawater - 800 meters beneath the surface!

That said, some of it might be useful on Mars. Hauling big metal tanks of it from one gravity well to another would be fruitless but at a high altitude you could spin off some of it into a stream you then aim at Mars' orbit.
>>
File: 1445768192917.jpg (117KB, 630x509px) Image search: [Google]
1445768192917.jpg
117KB, 630x509px
AMARILLO
M
A
R
I
L
L
O
>>
>>8420903
"That's why they call Mr Fahrenheit!"
>>
>>8422145
>fast winds

The wind at the surface is pretty light.

The air down there's nonsensically thick however, so you would probably still have a hard time staying upright if there's even a slight breeze around.
>>
>>8425458
Kek
>>
>>8422145
>acclimatized to the pressure

You can't acclimatize to an atmosphere that could easily shatter your bones in under a second.

That's like saying you can acclimatize to Mars.
>>
File: patrick push.jpg (138KB, 500x186px) Image search: [Google]
patrick push.jpg
138KB, 500x186px
>>8422694
why dont we just take Venus's atmosphere
AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE?
>>
>>8420977
Assuming something you've never seen before (a second genesis) to happen is just bad science.
>>
>>8425911
There's nothing impossible about this
>>
>>8422694
>>8423164
why would you take it to mars? it's got no van allen radition belt to shield it from solar wind. That is why mars lost its atmosphere in the first place. The only way to regain this atmosphere protecting Van Allen belt is to reactivate Mars geologically. Molten rotating core means Van Allen belt.

I suppose you could most easily reactivate the geological core of Mars by towing it to orbit around Jupiter with tidal gravity forces doing it quickly enough over a few centuries. Other than that, i can't think of any way to reactivate a planet/moons geology/core.

towing planets and moving entire atmospheres around is obviously terraforming and completely scifi - thousands of years until any of this is realized.
>>
>>8421288
Geometric sequence.
>>
>>8425692
Yea thats what I mean, you would be like tossed into a raging river, tumbling head over heals until you fatally smack a rock
>>
>>8421137
There's an area in its atmosphere around 50-60km above the surface that has a similar temperature and atmospheric pressure to the surface of Earth
>>
>>8422120
The 96% CO2 atmosphere would probably kill you instantly if you breathed it in, nevermind the 92 atmospheres of pressure that would crush you like a pancake
>>
>>8426104
I've seen people on here discuss pushing Phobos into Mars at a glancing angle to kick-start the spinning. I have no idea if that would work and sounds pretty fucking insane (both dangerous and costly) but the fact that Phobos is going to break apart or crash into Mars on its own in some 40 million years is a hamper in colonization so if we crash it now, in a semi controlled manner, it will be less of an issue.

Other than the whole "crashing a moon into a planet at a glancing shot so close to Earth" thing.
>>
>>8426104
>why would you take it to mars? it's got no van allen radition belt to shield it from solar wind. That is why mars lost its atmosphere in the first place.
But if you could slap a new atmosphere on Mars in a couple decades/centuries, it would take a couple million years for solar wimd to carry it off again.

Kind of a frightening prospect, actually. So much time could pass that the folks living there could have no idea of the crumbling terraforming under their feet.
>>
>>8427140
>In 1992 Greek diver Theodoros avrostomos[31] achieved a record of 701 msw (2300 fsw) in an on shore hyperbaric chamber. He took 43 days to complete the scientific record dive, where a hydrogen–helium–oxygen gas mixture was used as breathing gas.

You could probably handle it with some effort.
>>
>>8427140
>>8422120
>The 96% CO2 atmosphere would probably kill you instantly if you breathed it in, nevermind the 92 atmospheres of pressure that would crush you like a pancake

Now, now... there is no need to exaturate, or be hyperbolic in your descriptions, now is there?

The pressure would come from all around you, not just from on top.

You wouldn't be turned into a pancake, you would be crushed from all sides, see?
>>
File: 40Fc7e7.webm (366KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
40Fc7e7.webm
366KB, 480x270px
>>8428979

yup, it'd be something like this
>>
>>8425911
The planets gravity would pull it back.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.