[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is biology meme field?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: images[1].jpg (10KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
10KB, 293x172px
Is biology meme field?
>>
File: cDNA-AFLP 2802 E2M3 E2M4 E2M5''.jpg (575KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
cDNA-AFLP 2802 E2M3 E2M4 E2M5''.jpg
575KB, 2560x1920px
>>8420270

The science of the life. The most complicated science.
>>
As someone getting a masters in an ecology program, id say the science is there. It seems biology answers questions by looking for exceptions to a rule and explaining them (maybe all science does this) but you cant just throw bullshit out there. You have to test it and prove it with some amount of certainty (a lot of replication and good stats to back up statements) of you want to publish. If you are a modeler trying to explain every input in a system the math is rigorous, other wise i only see basic calculus and algebra being applied to describe curves. id also prefer the term "naturalist" over "biologist" to differentiate from cell bio people. I wouldnt even mind not being called a scientist but the research in the field is important whatever you call it. I dont know why, maybe intelligence or limits by instrumentation, but i know it isnt going to lead to some unifying theory of life. But it is important to make policy around wildlife and agriculture based on data and research
>>
File: codon.jpg (150KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
codon.jpg
150KB, 801x601px
>>8420289
>unifying theory of life
>>
>>8420270
Biochemistry and molecular biology are cool, everything else is bullshit.
>>
>>8420305
>t. Undergrad who just took bio 1
>>
>>8420270
Oh yes, biology. One of my favorite applications of my field, pure mathematics. Sometimes I like to walk into one of their classrooms just to say 'you are welcome' and then leave, knowing my sight would blind their eyes. I know because when I see then in the hallways they immediately look away.
>>
>>8420316
I do the exact same
>>
>>8420316
Oh yes, maths. One of my favorite applications of my field, logic. Sometimes I like to walk into one of their classrooms just to say 'you are welcome' and then leave, knowing my sight would blind their eyes. I know because when I see then in the hallways they immediately look away.
>>
>>8420270
Biology no is meme field.
>>
>>8420270
not unless you consider the entire history, present and future of the medical field and the future of human enhancement a meme
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.