[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Computer Science is going to be the biggest most innovative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

>Computer Science is going to be the biggest most innovative and important field this century
>I don't have any sort of passion for Computer Science

I'm going into engineering, but fuck, I wish I had a passion for computer science. Going to end up getting a good job doing something not very interesting instead of getting a good job being involved in some of the biggest breakthroughs in history.
>>
>>8416401
I feel the same way, bruh
t.chemfag
>>
>>8416401
>>8416410
I'm a nuclear physicist with electrical engineering, pure mathematics and computer science experience, how should I feel?
>>
It's not computer science. It's programming. Just get a cert and study new languages to be employed for making medical shit.
>>
>>8416426
Pretty sure most places want to see that degree though

>>8416410
Most likely ChemE here. Love the stuff but it just makes me sad how my field isnt very innovative

>>8416422
Pretty nice senpai
>>
>>8416456
I don't think a degree matters anymore if you can show that you made apps on Google and gained a decent following. Or at least worked on projects and displayed some sort of credit.

I just have a sa cert. I might go back and get a cert for programming. Just because I want to.
If I go for a degree I have to fuck with prerequisites and I'll burn the fuck out. With cert l, I can go straight into the core classes.
>>
>>8416456
I think most employers would value a good programming portfolio over a degree.
>>
>>8416570
yes but that could be said for economics or psychology or biology or business
>>
it's probably going to be biotechnology or maybe nano.
>>
File: the age of biology.jpg (89KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
the age of biology.jpg
89KB, 960x720px
>>8416401
>Computer Science is going to be the biggest most innovative and important field this century

21th century will be for the biology what the 20th century was for the physics.

Mark my words
>>
I have passion for CS but I gave up when I started to learn how to code. I can't think like the machine does, so I gave up.
>>
>>8416612
how long till fully cyberized body?
>>
>>8416612
This is literally what biologists think chemistry is

It needs to be colorful so I can understand!!
>>
>>8416401
If you have a passion in engineering, you should be fine if with engaging in it in comparison to the "most innovative and important" field. If you don't, then I understand what you mean.
>>
>>8416612

it could turn either way really, either government will pursue this interest or they will kill it like they killed nuclear.

I mean nuclear is legitimately promising, probably on par with crisprprpr but looked what happened. Everyone don't want coming out and say we are going to invest 10 billion dollar in research without getting nuked by some other nations.
>>
>>8416612
they'll both be huge. Mathematics and computer science will join to become a unified framework for reasoning about what is and how to. You can see it with Cartesian closed categories, homotopy type theory and the univalance axiom, the relationships between certain logics and the lambda calculus, and how different logics are getting combined lately -ie. erotetic logics. It'll be especially useful for hard subjects like biology and physics.
>>
File: 1474072316536.jpg (179KB, 900x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1474072316536.jpg
179KB, 900x1050px
>>8416401
I have zero passion for computers but I still took CS.
The good thing about CS is that it isn't a real subject. You can pair it with any subject you like, and that will only increase its value.
>>
>>8416401
Compsci student here, CS is shit, I wish I had studied sciences at A level for a Physics degree or something like that.
>>
>>8416401
>computer science is wonderful
Where do people get this idea? The market is saturated with code monkeys and degrees are worth jack shit when proper companies look at your github. Most guys end up telling retards how to use the printer and fixing routers when DHCP won't hand out IPs.
>>
>>8418068
>he didn't take physics in his A's
Why
>>
>study cs
>enter the alteady massive and ever growing pool of codemonkeys
Literally everyone who doesn't know what he wants to be goes into CS. 10 years from now computer "scientists" will be in the same tier as the common factory worker
>>
File: 1475583555398.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1475583555398.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>>8416505
>computer science
>made apps on Google
>>
>>8418070
Because what you're talking about is not computer science, but software engineering, network administration, database admin., computer engineering, or whatever else.q
>>
>>8418126
He obviously means Google Play, i.e. have you made apps that are quality enough to be approved in play store.

And it's not like that doesn't apply basic compsci principles...
>>
File: 1475528138449.jpg (856KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1475528138449.jpg
856KB, 2560x1600px
>>8416612
>>8416601
>>8416401

Then how mich future does bio informatics have?
>>
>>8418161
At least this much:
>|--------------- // ---------------|
j/k though srsly as biological assays become more precise, there will be more need for math/CS/stats people. Hopefully there will be a point where, like physics, you can't biology without quantitative ability
>>
Are you talking about "Computer Science", Computer Science or computer science?

"Computer Science" is nothing more than the tools from which you create things. Computer Science may be pretty interesting in the next few decades, and computer science has never been all of that.
>>
It's hard to say at this point. In the early 20th century, before quantum mechanics and relativity were established, everyone thought that physics was basically complete except for a couple of unsolved problems. But then Einstein and Schrödinger overturned the field and physics exploded for the rest of the 20th century.

The point is, we are terrible at predicting what will be important in the future. For all we know there could be a huge revelation in Geology, or statistics, or psychology, or some field that hasn't even been created yet.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.