[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a shit float vs sink?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1410059413386.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1410059413386.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
What makes a shit float vs sink?
>>
>>8414767
Density.
>>
>>8414774
>Destiny
fixed
>>
File: H2O.png (17KB, 317x277px) Image search: [Google]
H2O.png
17KB, 317x277px
>>8414774
Basically this.

Archimedes' Principle, for dummies:
>Shit lands in water
>Some water is displaced
>Water tries to go back
>Applies force to push shit back
>The displaced water has the same volume as the shit.
>The force is equal to the weight of the displaced water.

So, basically, if the shit is denser than the water, the force is too weak to prevent the shit from sinking, and it sinks. On the other hand, if the shit is less dense than the water, it will be forced to move towards the surface of the water (in other words, it floats).

The density of the shit probably depends mostly on your diet and on how well it's been digested, but I'm not exactly an expert on fecal buoyancy. Intuitively, it makes sense to say that "gassy" shit (floofy/full of bubbles/whatever) would be less dense (and thus float well), though. It's essentially how boats work, after all.
>>
Fat, it makes shit less dense and flow. You're not digesting properly and should change your diet and contact a doctor
>>
>tfw my shit sticks to the bottom of the floor of the thing that you poop in
>>
>>8416054
Toilet
>>
>>8416060
it's called a commode, dumbass. The toilet is the room.

It seems life you shit on the floor.
>>
I'm no ruminant, does veggie sludge float?
>>
>>8416104
German detected.
>>
>>8414979

>but I'm not exactly an expert on fecal buoyancy

But this is /sci, you guys are supposed to know this shit.
>>
File: 1474418021434-sci.gif (1021KB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
1474418021434-sci.gif
1021KB, 375x212px
>>8414781
My sides have fled the battlefield.
>>
>>8414979
>The density of the shit probably depends mostly on your diet and on how well it's been digested,

If I may expand on this part, a diet high in fats which would cause one to shit out lipids (and of course lipids being hydrophobic) would contribute to buoyancy.
>>
>>8414781
top kek
>>
File: nuff.jpg (30KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
nuff.jpg
30KB, 292x257px
>>8414781
>>
What makes me have extremely smelly black shits that wake me up in the middle of the night?
>>
What's the science behind why ugly girls have stinky shit while hot girls have good smelling shit? The taste seems different too.
>>
>>8416284

So blind people don't accidentally fuck ugly girls
>>
>>8414767
Gravity
>>
>>8414781
Nice
>>
fat content in the shit
>>
>>8414781
Thank you for a legitimate laugh, anon
>>
>>8414781
I didn't find this funny
>>
>>8416137
I'm German and we call it "toilet" or "toilet bowl"
>>
>>8414781
I found this moderately funny.
>>
>>8416284
Theorem (/sci/-/fit/'s Ugly Smell Theorem):
"Ugly people smell bad"

Proof:
Let A and B be two individuals with equal base hotness. Now assume that A is uglier than B. By /fit/'s theorem,
[math]hotness = base + fitness[/math],
where fitness = gym*diet + hygiene .
Since the base is equal, A's ugliness must stem from a lack of fitness. Thus, A has poor hygiene, doesn't work out and eats crap (relative to B).

/sci/'s Law of Smells states that poor diet and poor hygiene will both cause people to smell bad, through flatulence and stank.

Combining these results shows that the ugly person will smell worse than an attractive one. QED.
>>
>>8417066
But this only applies to equivalence classes of base hotness, not arbitrary compairsons.
>>
>>8416118
Density of cellulose is 1.4.
>>
>>8417066
If this was born out further experimentally, would it be renamed Smell's Law?
>>
But what causes the shit to take the form of a long piece vs short ball-like pieces?
>>
>>8414781
I don't get it.
>>
>>8414767
Serious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08XOz3zug3M
>>
>>8414979
>floofy
>>
>>8416179
I see what you did there
>>
Why am I floating guys
>>
>>8416267
Was it liquidy too?
The only time I had one like that, I was a bit sick and had taken one Tylenol above the recommended dosage. Not sure if it was related.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.